General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Anyone been to a place in Jesmond called As You Like It? Just about to head there for a family meal - my aunt's choice, birthday girl's prerogative - but the website makes it look like it could be either brilliant or horrendous (or possibly a bit of both). :unsure:

Just back in, and I'd concur with all that. :good: Nice-looking place (on the inside!) but you can see how it could easily transform into a shed full of knackers on a busy night at the bar.

Decent Sunday roast too. Nice cut of lamb, massive Yorkshire pudding, amusingly shaped baby veg. Good enough for a tenner really. I suspect even CT would approve. ;)

Anyone been to a place in Jesmond called As You Like It? Just about to head there for a family meal - my aunt's choice, birthday girl's prerogative - but the website makes it look like it could be either brilliant or horrendous (or possibly a bit of both). :unsure:

Aye been a canny few times as I work just over the road. Full of student cunts like, which has been even worse this week due to it being 'Newcastle fashion week.'

It didn't feel much like a wedding venue until a lass in a flamboyant bridesmaid's dress suddenly swooshed past while we were having drinks at the bar. :D Seems like they basically couldn't decide whether to be a restaurant, bar, event venue, nightclub etc. so just decided to do everything. :dunno:

Just back in, and I'd concur with all that. :good: Nice-looking place (on the inside!) but you can see how it could easily transform into a shed full of knackers on a busy night at the bar.

Decent Sunday roast too. Nice cut of lamb, massive Yorkshire pudding, amusingly shaped baby veg. Good enough for a tenner really. I suspect even CT would approve. ;)

This is intriguing. Shaped like cock and balls? That's about the funniest thing I can think anything to resemble.

The baby carrots were very... short and bulbous, for a start. So yes, with a certain testicular quality to them, albeit also slightly pointy. Acutely tapered root-vegetable nads, if you will.

What the fuck is Lembit up to now?

Lembit Opik stretchered from wrestling match by paramedics

Former MP Lembit Opik attempted to launch a new career yesterday - but ended up being carried out of a wrestling ring by paramedics.

Opik_2238700b.jpg

One onlooker described the fight as "brutal" as Lembit Opik took several blows to the face from the fist of his opponent Kade Callous Photo: Lawrence Looi/Newsteam

10:42AM BST 03 Jun 2012

The former leading Liberal Democrat, who has attempted a career as a stand up and appeared in a music video since he lost his seat for Montgomeryshire in the 2010 general election, stepped into the wrestling ring to make his professional debut on Saturday night.

But all did not go well for Opik as St John's Ambulance paramedics had to come to his rescue after a bruising encounter with another wrestler.

Opik had previous experience in the ring, having been dragged into a fight, still wearing his suit, back in April after he decided to pick a fight with an 18-stone pro fighter.

This time he lined up for a rematch in Welshpool, Powys, wearing an ill-fitting T-shirt, tracksuit trousers and kneepads.

Buddy Guy has a right potty mouth. He came on and did a couple of slow numbers at the end of the first half of he show, his voice is still sweet as. The house band (I think) was led by a guitarist called Mike Whelan, total dude in a Clapton t-shirt. The singer was Peaches Stanten who we chatted to before knowing who she was. She was brilliant, a top performer and a very saucy borderline GILF. The club was very nice, excellent sound and a real homage to the city and the blues.

Am in Detroit now, just been to the Motown store to spend some tourist dollars.