gammon

zico martin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ham and Pineapple pizza is great.  I pity you simple fools with your simple, uncultured palates that are unable to appreciate sweet in combination with savoury. :D

115876[/snapback]

Oh Im all for the sweet n savoury combo, Ham n Pineapple is good however if I was to order one at a restaurant Id feel the need to grow a 'tache, put on a pair of leather pants and a tight t-shirt and burst into a rendition of "So Macho.." on the hour every hour.

115904[/snapback]

So only the tache required then?

Who the fuck discovered that Pineapple goes with Gammon ?

115805[/snapback]

*dons boring old fart hat*

Sweet citrus food to be had with pork originates from 15th/16th century ib. Something to do with the plentiful, yet not too nicely tasting, pork supply in England.

Anyway, all pizzas are for homms and lezzas tbbh. Why can't we all just eat macho Brit food like curry ffs?

115805[/snapback]

Sweet citrus food to be had with pork originates from 15th/16th century ib. Something to do with the plentiful, yet not too nicely tasting, pork supply in England.

Anyway, all pizzas are for homms and lezzas tbbh. Why can't we all just eat macho Brit food like curry ffs?

115969[/snapback]

Friendlier on the arsehole :D

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

I think that's lamb and mint sauce. I vey much doubt there was much citrus fruit around England in the 15th/16th century. And I didn't think pineapple was a citrus fruit.

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

I think that's lamb and mint sauce. I vey much doubt there was much citrus fruit around England in the 15th/16th century. And I didn't think pineapple was a citrus fruit.

116032[/snapback]

Lamband mint sauce. Mmmmmmm.

Btw, do pineapples grow on trees? Has anyone seen a pineapple tree?

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

Could be right Alex, but it stems from the apple and pork I actually meant, though didn't put it across very well. Not to worry.

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

Could be right Alex, but it stems from the apple and pork I actually meant, though didn't put it across very well. Not to worry.

116042[/snapback]

Ah, reet. Actually, I think lamb and mint sauce was a law that was brought out to stop people eating lamb, i.e. legally you could only eat it with mint. Unfortunately it backfired as people liked the taste combination.

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

116042[/snapback]

Ah, reet. Actually, I think lamb and mint sauce was a law that was brought out to stop people eating lamb, i.e. legally you could only eat it with mint. Unfortunately it backfired as people liked the taste combination.

116044[/snapback]

Bollocks. :D

Also, I found out pineapples don't grow on trees. Are they actually a fruit then?

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

116042[/snapback]

116044[/snapback]

Also, I found out pineapples don't grow on trees. Are they actually a fruit then?

116054[/snapback]

Exactly, no one could actually like that shit

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

116042[/snapback]

116044[/snapback]

116054[/snapback]

"It is impossible to look at the changes to our agricultural environment without considering the political pressures put on the farming community over the years. For instance the reason we have mint sauce with lamb is not just that it tastes nice! In Tudor times when the sheep was most valuable to the country as a provider of wool a law was passed that specified bitter herbs must be eaten with lamb - the least bitter was mint. "

Source

Could be bollocks but shows I didn't just make it up.

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

116042[/snapback]

116044[/snapback]

116054[/snapback]

"It is impossible to look at the changes to our agricultural environment without considering the political pressures put on the farming community over the years. For instance the reason we have mint sauce with lamb is not just that it tastes nice! In Tudor times when the sheep was most valuable to the country as a provider of wool a law was passed that specified bitter herbs must be eaten with lamb - the least bitter was mint. "

Source

116077[/snapback]

I didn't think you had just made it up. But I seriously doubt that's true personally. How would you enforce it?

I don't know, how were any laws enforced during Tudor Times? Plenty of laws even nowadays are pretty unenforceable if you think about it.

I don't know, how were any laws enforced during Tudor Times? Plenty of laws even nowadays are pretty unenforceable if you think about it.

116099[/snapback]

Aye, could be one of those strange ancient laws I suppose.

Still think the combination would have been sussed anyway. :D

116099[/snapback]

116102[/snapback]

Probably, mint sauce was invented by the Romans to hide the taste of rancid meat. That's another factoid for you :razz:

116099[/snapback]

116102[/snapback]

Probably, mint sauce was invented by the Romans to hide the taste of rancid meat. That's another factoid for you :razz:

116111[/snapback]

My mum, who admittedly has a racist problem against asians (which is getting better fortunately), told me that curry was invented in India to hide the taste of rancid meat. I remain skeptical. But don't the chillis that make curry come from South America?

115805[/snapback]

115969[/snapback]

116032[/snapback]

116042[/snapback]

116044[/snapback]

116054[/snapback]

Source

116077[/snapback]

I didn't think you had just made it up. But I seriously doubt that's true personally. How would you enforce it?

116095[/snapback]

Mint source tbh.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayethangyeeeew!

I think chillis come from Mekeeco (Mexico) originally. But there are loads spices in Indian/Asian food that are native to that region.

Any fruit with savoury food is just wrong!  Pineapple in sweet and sour, pineapple on gammon, pineapple on pizza (:razz:) pork with apple sauce, turkey with cranberry sauce, cranberries in bread, apricots in cheese.....

I won't go on...  :D

115855[/snapback]

FACTALAMADINGDONG, sweet and savoury should never be on the same plate.

Honey roasted ham is another one :mellow:

116099[/snapback]

116102[/snapback]

116111[/snapback]

My mum, who admittedly has a racist problem against asians (which is getting better fortunately), told me that curry was invented in India to hide the taste of rancid meat. I remain skeptical. But don't the chillis that make curry come from South America?

116117[/snapback]

Your mother is a wise woman, Mr Rent (apart from the fading racism, that is). Due to the heat in asia, the spice was indeed added to mask the taste of not-so-nice meat ib.

116099[/snapback]

116102[/snapback]

116111[/snapback]

116117[/snapback]

Your mother is a wise woman, Mr Rent (apart from the fading racism, that is). Due to the heat in asia, the spice was indeed added to mask the taste of not-so-nice meat ib.

116203[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pretty sure Rupali's used to use hot spices to mask their putrid poultry.