Clark assured of Magpies future

janu

Clark assured of Magpies future - skysports.com

By Andrew Scurr

Lee Clark has been assured he will be at Newcastle United in some capacity next season.

The veteran midfielder joined the club in the summer in a player/coach role and has made 20 appearances for The Magpies this campaign.

Clark had feared he would be surplus to requirements once a new manager was installed at the club but chairman Freddy Shepherd has assured the 33-year-old he will be given a role at the club next season.

The former Fulham and Sunderland player had been hoping to use this season as a stepping stone into football coaching but his regular involvement in the Newcastle squad has meant he has not been able to concentrate on coaching.

Clark has confirmed his desire to stay with the North East club but he is yet to know whether he will continue playing or become a full-time coach at St James' Park.

"I know that I'll be at the football club next season," said Clark in The Northern Echo. "But at this moment in time, I don't know what capacity that will be in.

"I'm going to sit down with the chairman and talk over what he sees me doing.

"My current contract as a player runs out this summer. I've spoken with the chairman already and we've agreed to sit down and talk further as the season comes to a close.

"I know I'll be staying at Newcastle in some capacity, we just don't know what that will be.

"I've been doing a bit of coaching behind the scenes and it's been great and I've loved it.

"Coaching is something I've always been in to. The tactical side of the game has always interested me, and going into that arena has always been part of my thoughts."

bild4b.jpg

LEGEND :D

Clark being brought in was fuck all to do with helping out with the reserves / coaching btw. It was just spin put out by the club so the fans wouldn't think signing him was a backward step. Which of course it was.

Terry Mac is going to retire so they need someone else to put the cones out/go to the bookies/get the pints in....

115456[/snapback]

What was it Terry Mac was called at Celtic, Entertainments Manager?

115461[/snapback]

Social convenor..

Clark being brought in was fuck all to do with helping out with the reserves / coaching btw. It was just spin put out by the club so the fans wouldn't think signing him was a backward step. Which of course it was.

115530[/snapback]

Totally agree.