England shortlist.

Optimistic Nut

So it's supposedly O'Neill, Allardyce, McLaren & Curbishley.

All I can say is, I hope to f*ck Sven wins the World Cup then one of those 4 flops. Sums up the FA that they'd knock back a World Class coach just to keep the gutter press happy.

Pretty poor list for what is supposed to be the top job in world football if you ask me.

None of them have managed anything approaching a major club in a major league, apart from O'Neill they have about one trophy and three seasons of European football between them, none of them have had a team in the top five in England, two of them have teams currently in the bottom half of the league and none of them are used to managing the biggest names in English football.

I'm all for an English manager if they have the right qualifications but I can't see how any of these guys do.

I reckon it'll be Curbishley as well. I think Allardyce has made his gob go too much about it, and the FA are probably sick of hearing his shite. Shows how stupid the FA are though, and how scared of the press they are that they daren't appoint another foreigner and so have to resort to the likes of Curbishley and McClaren on a shortlist.

Curbishley is nothing more than a decent club manager. He's done well to establish Charlton as a Premiership team with limited resources, but to be honest they are pretty shite. They play 5 across the midfield everyweek with toss like Hughes and Kishishev, for gods sake they've drawn 5 out of their last 8 matches 0-0!

Not saying he's a bad manager, but he's not good enough to make the step up to international football. Can you really see the Spanish or the Italian team appointing the Racing Santander manager or whatever?

Curbishley is a nice guy and good manager for a club size of Charlton, but he wouldn't cope with England. They play dull, negative football - basically long ball to Bent. And he can't do transfers either - he's got some crap there like Bothroyd, Jeffers, Hughes etc.

Full credit to him for taking them all this way, but they haven't been making much progress recently in the Premiership.

If England go for Curbishley, we get O'Neill. Happy with that.  :D

115411[/snapback]

The FA are rumoured to really rate Curbishley not least Trevor Brooking who, apparently, has quite a lot of sway.

It should be a head to head between Allardyce and O'Neill if the FA have any sense.

115316[/snapback]

:D

With the loser most likely ending up managing us!

Speaks volumes for the English managerial talent around. Young managers have very few opportunities at top clubs, none of the top 6 have an English manager, its hard to get the experience for the England job when no one will take a chance on local managers, especially those who have done well in the lower leagues. If the manager has to be English I'd go with Paul Jewell.

I think it will be O'Neill. If Curbs or Allardyce were good enough or deemed good enough, they'd have hired them without all this selection daftness, they are just "considering" them to be seen to looking at as many candidates as possible, a bit like us "taking our time", no we aren't, we haven't looked at a number of candidates, we've went for O'Neill from day one and only now when it looks like he may snub us or we may lose out to the FA, are we suddenly getting applicants (Houllier) or looking at the "wider spectrum" as FS said nrecently.

Bollocks, I doubt very much Houllier has shown interest and for me, that's the club's way of trying to force O'Neill into a decision one way or another, like a threat of "if you don't take it, he (Houllier) will.

Anyhow, Oliver says it'll be McClaren...

All I can say is, I hope to f*ck Sven wins the World Cup then one of those 4 flops. Sums up the FA that they'd knock back a World Class coach just to keep the gutter press happy.

115311[/snapback]

Another advantage of us winning the WC is that it will prove the xenophobic fucks wrong and show that a foreigner can do a job as England manager.

115311[/snapback]

Another advantage of us winning the WC is that it will prove the xenophobic fucks wrong and show that a foreigner can do a job as England manager.

115694[/snapback]

Remember the campaign for Keegan last time around and we all know that ended in tears.

115311[/snapback]

115694[/snapback]

While it will be the foreigner's fault if the world GREATEST team will go out early again. In that case under an English manager the players could have played blindfolded andwith their legs tied together and would have still won it ... :D

Speaks volumes for the English managerial talent around. Young managers have very few opportunities at top clubs, none of the top 6 have an English manager, its hard to get the experience for the England job when no one will take a chance on local managers, especially those who have done well in the lower leagues. If the manager has to be English I'd go with Paul Jewell.

115535[/snapback]

I am assuming you and the young lady in the photo have had a falling out recently.