Corporate Sponsorships Of Stadiums

Tooj

I need a list of all Corporate Sponsored Stadiums for me dissertation... so far i have

· Emirates Stadium (Arsenal To Be Opened For 2006/07 Season)

· JJB Stadium (Wigan Athletic)

· Walkers Stadium (Leicester City)

· Ricoh Arena (Coventry City)

· Britannia Stadium (Stoke City)

· Kingston Communications Stadium (Hull City)

· Fitness First Stadium (AFC Bournemouth)

· Bradford and Bingley Stadium (Bradford City)

· Liberty Stadium (Swansea City)

· Friends Provident St. Mary's Stadium (Southampton)

· The 96.6 TFM Arena (Darlington)

· Galpharm Stadium (Huddersfield Town)

· The Saunders Honda Stadium (Chester City)

Is there any others people can think of?

Edited by Jonny2J

It's become increasingly popular, which I think is unfortunate. Grounds have more character if they're given a proper name. If it must be done though I hope other teams follow Southampton's lead - it may be the "Friend's Provident St Mary's Stadium" but everyone (including, crucially, the media) just calls it St Mary's.

Are they doing a similar thing with Arsenal? i.e. the Emerates Ashburton Grove stadium? I hope so.

It's become increasingly popular, which I think is unfortunate. Grounds have more character if they're given a proper name. If it must be done though I hope other teams follow Southampton's lead - it may be the "Friend's Provident St Mary's Stadium" but everyone (including, crucially, the media) just calls it St Mary's.

Are they doing a similar thing with Arsenal? i.e. the Emerates Ashburton Grove stadium? I hope so.

113236[/snapback]

I think Arsenal's ground will be called The Emirates Stadium.

113236[/snapback]

113264[/snapback]

Boo! How long before the McStadium, I wonder.

113236[/snapback]

Doing something similar in the states. Denver Broncos traditional Mile High Stadium is now known as Invesco Field at Mile High. Which is better than the 49ers who have lost their traditional Candlestick Park stadium name to the ridiculous 'Monster Park'.

113236[/snapback]

113264[/snapback]

Locally it gets referred to simply as "Ashburton Grove".

Madejski (Reading) but thats not really sponsorship - thats OWNER

Kassam (oxford) is the same....................

Edited by Rob W

113236[/snapback]

Doing something similar in the states. Denver Broncos traditional Mile High Stadium is now known as Invesco Field at Mile High. Which is better than the 49ers who have lost their traditional Candlestick Park stadium name to the ridiculous 'Monster Park'.

113491[/snapback]

San Francisco 49ers WERE PacBell Park and they've now changed the name again as they change sponsors. It's daft, but you can see why the clubs do it, especially lower league ones in this country. Easy money isn't it.

Rob I'm surprised at you posting the links.  Normally you would just copy and paste the results and pretend you knew them all off the top of your head. ;)

113887[/snapback]

That was before he was rumbled though.

always amazes me how many lazy buggers come on hear asking questions which can be Googled in seconds............................

Not you Alex or your mate Gemmill of course - both got brains the size of SJP

always amazes me how many lazy buggers come on hear asking questions which can be Googled in seconds............................

Not you Alex or your mate Gemmill of course - both got brains the size of SJP

113900[/snapback]

Stand down gramps ;) You're right though, the lad's doing his dissertion ffs and he asking for something easily available on Wikipedia. Either that or trying to make you feel like you've got a purpose in life.

113236[/snapback]

113491[/snapback]

San Francisco 49ers WERE PacBell Park and they've now changed the name again as they change sponsors. It's daft, but you can see why the clubs do it, especially lower league ones in this country. Easy money isn't it.

113850[/snapback]

It's also been 3Com Park. They'll call it anything if you've got the money.