Oliver's at it again

Wullie

My point is, and always has been, the board at NUFC are the people who have put us in the position of attracting these big managers, whoever their choice is if it is different to yours.

112552[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more Leazes, despite knowing where you are coming from. It's US LOT THE FANS who have put the club in the position to attract big name managers, players et al, not the board.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, if he appoints a british manager who succeeds, what then ? Same as none of you complained when we were in the CL.

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do  ? Correct or not ?

The amount of people who continue to think we have a divine right to be the best club, when it has been pointed out on many occasions how shit we were prior to the Halls and Shepherd, is staggering.

112537[/snapback]

Howay man Leazes, don't reopen that one. You made a class post the other day and I think it made us all realise (it certainly did me) that we share a lot of similar feelings about the club, Shepherd et al. I would have thought you of all people though would appreciate the folly of only going for British managers given it meant we ended up with Souness last time round.

112547[/snapback]

I do, but we dont' know if he is, people are presuming it to be the case, and I'm pointing out what we all know, its irrelevant where he comes from. If he's successful none of us will give a toss, Hitzfeld is no more the right man based on his CV than Dalglish was, who had a similar fantastic CV. Allardyce, Hughes could be the man to do it nobody knows.

All I know is I'm glad it isn't my decision, and I'm confident it won't be Bruce, despite the paranoia surrounding the suggestion it could be.

My point is, and always has been, the board at NUFC are the people who have put us in the position of attracting these big managers, whoever their choice is if it is different to yours.

112552[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more Leazes, despite knowing where you are coming from. It's US LOT THE FANS who have put the club in the position to attract big name managers, players et al, not the board.

112554[/snapback]

I think you are completely wrong. 52,000 fans didn't bother coming to the club before the Halls and Shepherd as I keep pointing out.

Oliver is a xenophobic wanker of the highest order. It's quite embarrassing when you think that his comments on Souness' appointment were along the lines of "He's the best British manager around, Chelsea wanted him" - yeah, right. And now he does it again and tries to promote British no-marks ahead of proven international managers (O'Neill excluded).

As Alex said though, he's Shepherd's mouthpiece and thus represents Shepherd's views. I still think there is no chance of the useless fat man appointing a foreign manager. He'll go for the likes of Bruce and Curbishley before he even considers a foreigner, no matter what he says in the papers. And basically, that says it all - Shepherd hasn't got a clue and isn't fit to manage a multi-million pound football club.

I'd rather we tried someone like Martin Jol before we went for one of the useless British managers. It's frightening to look at how the media are wanking over Pearce, whose team are 12th in the league, when someone like Jol is on course to finish in a Champions League spot. If Jol was English, they would never stop talking about him.

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

if , as we all suspect, shepherd has ruled out all foreign managers - even those with better cvs than any of the british managers in the running - then he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

he has to get this appointment right. if he rules out the best man for the job because of his nationality then he has proven beyond reason (even to the likes of leazesmag) that he isn't capable of running a football club.

112512[/snapback]

On the contrary, if he appoints a british manager who succeeds, what then ? Same as none of you complained when we were in the CL.

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do ? Correct or not ?

The amount of people who continue to think we have a divine right to be the best club, when it has been pointed out on many occasions how shit we were prior to the Halls and Shepherd, is staggering.

112537[/snapback]

if he appoints bruce or curbishly ahead of hitzfeld on the grounds of his nationality he wants shooting.

don't you agree that the job should go to the man with the best cv? nationality should have bugger all to do with it, no?

112544[/snapback]

Most of the other big city clubs wouldn't even have a chance of these managers, which rips the theory that they "aren't fit to run a top club" up for arsepaper

112552[/snapback]

so because of the work done in getting us to where we are now our board is exempt of any criticism when hiring a new manager? sorry like but that's just bollocks.

if shepherd refuses to consider someone with hitzfeld's experience and pedigree because of his nationality, then he really is an incompetent fat knob jockey and isn't fit to run a football club.

112552[/snapback]

112554[/snapback]

I think you are completely wrong. 52,000 fans didn't bother coming to the club before the Halls and Shepherd as I keep pointing out.

112559[/snapback]

And neither did the Halls and FS!

If you want to be pedantic, I'd say the money we pump into the club, not them, is what pays for SJP, what pays for the Shearer's and Owen's, and their wages, what attracts managers to our club.

Not FS and the Halls, if anything, they have damaged our ability to attract the very best managers, we have certainly went down hill since they took over, especially from the SJH/KK days. Imagine what type of manager we could attract today if we had just finished 5th? Or even 3rd when Sir Bobby should have went?

If we are such an attractive club to manage, I'm wondering why our number one target is using us to get a better deal from the FA and why Oliver has to resort to telling lies in his paper to drum up interest?

How come Graeme Souness was the only manager to accept the job 18 months ago?

I mean, top 6 job in world football and all that...

Oliver is a xenophobic wanker of the highest order. It's quite embarrassing when you think that his comments on Souness' appointment were along the lines of "He's the best British manager around, Chelsea wanted him" - yeah, right. And now he does it again and tries to promote British no-marks ahead of proven international managers (O'Neill excluded).

As Alex said though, he's Shepherd's mouthpiece and thus represents Shepherd's views. I still think there is no chance of the useless fat man appointing a foreign manager. He'll go for the likes of Bruce and Curbishley before he even considers a foreigner, no matter what he says in the papers. And basically, that says it all - Shepherd hasn't got a clue and isn't fit to manage a multi-million pound football club.

I'd rather we tried someone like Martin Jol before we went for one of the useless British managers. It's frightening to look at how the media are wanking over Pearce, whose team are 12th in the league, when someone like Jol is on course to finish in a Champions League spot. If Jol was English, they would never stop talking about him.

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

if , as we all suspect, shepherd has ruled out all foreign managers - even those with better cvs than any of the british managers in the running - then he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

he has to get this appointment right. if he rules out the best man for the job because of his nationality then he has proven beyond reason (even to the likes of leazesmag) that he isn't capable of running a football club.

112512[/snapback]

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do ? Correct or not ?

112537[/snapback]

if he appoints bruce or curbishly ahead of hitzfeld on the grounds of his nationality he wants shooting.

don't you agree that the job should go to the man with the best cv? nationality should have bugger all to do with it, no?

112544[/snapback]

Most of the other big city clubs wouldn't even have a chance of these managers, which rips the theory that they "aren't fit to run a top club" up for arsepaper

112552[/snapback]

so because of the work done in getting us to where we are now our board is exempt of any criticism when hiring a new manager? sorry like but that's just bollocks.

if shepherd refuses to consider someone with hitzfeld's experience and pedigree because of his nationality, then he really is an incompetent fat knob jockey and isn't fit to run a football club.

112564[/snapback]

On one hand you [people] say what an arse Oliver is, then on the other get strung up like this on what he says .....

For one thing, you don't know.

For another, its not up to Shepherd, he;s not the majority shareholder. [another fact which is constantly pointed and repeatedly ignored]

112552[/snapback]

112554[/snapback]

112559[/snapback]

And neither did the Halls and FS!

If you want to be pedantic, I'd say the money we pump into the club, not them, is what pays for SJP, what pays for the Shearer's and Owen's, and their wages, what attracts managers to our club.

Not FS and the Halls, if anything, they have damaged our ability to attract the very best managers, we have certainly went down hill since they took over, especially from the SJH/KK days. Imagine what type of manager we could attract today if we had just finished 5th? Or even 3rd when Sir Bobby should have went?

If we are such an attractive club to manage, I'm wondering why our number one target is using us to get a better deal from the FA and why Oliver has to resort to telling lies in his paper to drum up interest?

How come Graeme Souness was the only manager to accept the job 18 months ago?

I mean, top 6 job in world football and all that...

112566[/snapback]

Not pedantic. Just pointing out a stone cold fact, which is repeatedly ignored.

As I said, 52k people could have pumped money into the club for 40 years before the Halls and Shepherd gave them something to watch ...

Raised expectations, successfully implemented and completely proved by the fact that so many people don't realise it.

If so many people are so keen and confident they can make such an easy life from running the football club, why don't they buy it out ?

Top 6 job in world football ? The irony of this is the chairman who is mocked for saying it, is mocked by the same fans who say the same thing ....

Edited by LeazesMag

112427[/snapback]

Norn Ireland is international?

Like said before Oliver is Shepherd's mouthpiece and I do find it ignorant that he is ignoring the foreign contingent, but there's fuck all we can do about it.

If not O'Neill it will be a yes man that will hold the fort until Shepherd's blue eyed boy takes over.

Norn Ireland is international?

Like said before Oliver is Shepherd's mouthpiece and I do find it ignorant that he is ignoring the foreign contingent' date=' but there's fuck all we can do about it.

If not O'Neill it will be a yes man that will hold the fort until Shepherd's blue eyed boy takes over.

[right']112581[/snapback][/right]

No, what I was trying to say is that O'Neill at least has a track record of some sort, unlike most of the other British managers around.

112581[/snapback]

That would not surprise me, i always thought that was why Souness has been brought in. For me there was no other reason to have appointed such an inept manager other than him being told he was only being given the job to keep the seat warm for Shearer.

112581[/snapback]

That would not surprise me, i always thought that was why Souness has been brought in. For me there was no other reason to have appointed such an inept manager other than him being told he was only being given the job to keep the seat warm for Shearer.

112588[/snapback]

Same here, but I don't think our next appointment will be a babysitter style appointment. I couldn't imagine O'Neill accepting that as he's very much his own man and likes to be very hands on doesn't he? And isn't the talk of a 4 year-deal? Souness had a 2 year deal with the option to extend didn't he?

Anyway, back to Sima's point, apparently that's why Big Sam turned us down last time as well as others I imagine. Shearer was supposedly sat on the panel and Big Sam took offence to being questioned by a player who he would be managing.

Could all be bollocks like but I've heard that a few times now and I suspect a few on here have too.

112581[/snapback]

112588[/snapback]

Same here, but I don't think our next appointment will be a babysitter style appointment. I couldn't imagine O'Neill accepting that as he's very much his own man and likes to be very hands on doesn't he? And isn't the talk of a 4 year-deal? Souness had a 2 year deal with the option to extend didn't he?

Anyway, back to Sima's point, apparently that's why Big Sam turned us down last time as well as others I imagine. Shearer was supposedly sat on the panel and Big Sam took offence to being questioned by a player who he would be managing.

Could all be bollocks like but I've heard that a few times now and I suspect a few on here have too.

112609[/snapback]

eh? I said O'Neill wouldn't do that in my post.

My whole point does agree with Graham's odds coming in.....

112581[/snapback]

112588[/snapback]

112609[/snapback]

eh? I said O'Neill wouldn't do that in my post.

My whole point does agree with Graham's odds coming in.....

112610[/snapback]

Memo to self: Learn to read full posts.

Ignore me, I'm new around here :lol:

The pressure is on Fat Fred to make a sound proven appointment this time round, although nothing this club does now would surprise me. Saying that, if he appoints Steve Bruce I reckon they'd be a massive protest at the ground.