Arsenal - Juventus

A great victory for Arsenal tonight, Juventus will be weak for the next leg losing Zebina and Cameronesi with red cards and Vieira will be suspended too.

Arse 2-0 up

Can't believe Fabregas is still only 18.

And where did Wenger find that right-back?

111450[/snapback]

Yes, he's quite outstanding tonight.

According to the spanish newspapers (AS and Marca) he's at Real Madrid next season...

Wenger found Eboue at Beveren i Belgium, and he cost them £1,5m... looks a bargain tbh. :o

That Eboue looks a talent. Where do they find them? Toure - magnificent - cost? Zero. Fabregas, again Zero. That's about 25m worth of talent there potentially.

Watching Arsenal play lke that just reminds me how far behind we are and how far we have to go just to get level, something which I doubt we ever will manage.

We are fuckin' light-years away from the football that Arse played tonight.

We don't need Hitzfeld, Hiddink or O'Niell, we need Doctor Who, Derren Brown or Merlin the fuckin' magician!!!!!!

Some might argue that we beat Arse at SJP, but we all know that it wasn't due to football skill - more like muscle power and Arsenal totally lethargic on the night(imo).

*dreams of NUFC playing as well as Arsenal did tonight*

We are fuckin' light-years away from the football that Arse played tonight.

We don't need Hitzfeld, Hiddink or O'Niell, we need Doctor Who, Derren Brown or Merlin the fuckin' magician!!!!!!

Some might argue that we beat Arse at SJP, but we all know that it wasn't due to football skill - more like muscle power and Arsenal totally lethargic on the night(imo).

*dreams of NUFC playing as well as Arsenal did tonight*

111471[/snapback]

Arsenal have been very poor in the league this season by their high standards but any fool knows that's just a blip, they have a great future ahead of them, their academy side beat Everton's first-team 4-1 in the League Cup last year and so long as Wenger is around, they'll bounce back from any hiccup, even Henry leaving.

Amazing team, amazing manager, amazing story. He has transformed every aspect of that club on a budget we as fans would probably piss and moan about. Especially when you consider how much he has earned the club, over 60m on the sale of Anelka, Overmars, Petit and Vieira alone who cost 15m max for the lot.

He'll get them right again league wise and I do hope they can go on and win the Champions league, will be a big victory for fooball IMO.

He gets unfair flack Wenger and so do Arsenal, they dive a bit and piss and moan but they make up for that in entertaining, great to watch tonight. Gooners fans = lucky bastards.

Kill for a Wenger.

We're the antithesis of Arsenal.

They're professional, well run and meticulous. Their scouting is phenomenal, their coaching is cutting-edge and their players are super-fit. They have technique, pace, power, play expansive football and have a seemingly endless production line of young talent.

While I agree that Arsenal did indeed play their arses off tonight, at the same time Juventus were absolute gash!

Good result for them though although I had no preference either way as to the result...

While I agree that Arsenal did indeed play their arses off tonight, at the same time Juventus were absolute gash!

Good result for them though although I had no preference either way as to the result...

111499[/snapback]

They were I agree, but I think that was more down to Arsenal than anything else. They just couldn't cope with the pace and movement. Wenger also showed he can think with the best of them tactically, Pires on Vieira, who'd have thought it?

BTW, anyone think Vieira is past it? Was disappointed in him as well as Trezeguet and Abrahamovic.

Edited by Howaythetoon

anyone think Vieira is past it?

111500[/snapback]

I think tonight showed Wenger was justified in moving Viera on so Fabregas could develop.

Brave decision considering Viera was the leader of the team at the time.

As the commentator said, at 80-odd minutes Viera looked like he'd had enough, Fabregas looked like he could play another 45 minutes.

anyone think Vieira is past it?

111500[/snapback]

I think tonight showed Wenger was justified in moving Viera on so Fabregas could develop.

Brave decision considering Viera was the leader of the team at the time.

As the commentator said, at 80-odd minutes Viera looked like he'd had enough, Fabregas looked like he could play another 45 minutes.

111502[/snapback]

Aye, spot on. He's like Fergie in that sense, can spot when a player is past it even if it's nothing really major. Considering his size and inexperience, Fabregas dominated that midfield - another amazing talent, seems to have a good attitude too. He's tough and likes to get stuck in.

He got 13.5m for a 30 year old whose best days are behind him - great business again.

Still think Arsenal need some power in that central area, for the league anyway as we showed how soft they can be.

Also, Ljungberg, I think he's past it too and they are better without him in the side as he doesn't have the energy/stamina he once had, he's just a passenger these days, a slightly better Bowyer (on the ball).

Pires is past his best too, think Arsenal are only willing to give him a one year contract now although he's holding out for something longer.

111507[/snapback]

I think he, like Bergkamp, still has something to offer because he still has pace and he'll never lose that flair. Plus, he still has some petrol in the tank as he isn't the hardest working player there has been, although I see what you're saying. I'd have Pires at the Toon like. Always rated him, much better than Overmars I thought.

Edited by Howaythetoon

Awesome performance, one of the best I've seen for a lomg time, had everything. Wenger is a great manager.

If we want to get to that level, we need to look beyond O'Neill et al and go foreign, aim high. If we get KB'd - fair enough.

111457[/snapback]

Watching Arsenal play lke that just reminds me how far behind we are and how far we have to go just to get level, something which I doubt we ever will manage

:o

GIVE IT UP, HITZFELD AINT COMIN!

Arsenal were superb last night and an absolute joy to watch, to think that we used to play like that not so many years ago is so sad.

Henry seemed to be 5 yards quicker than usual last night, and at times was unplayable, Juve resorted to fouling as they had lost the plot and were embarassed by the Arsenal pace and movement.

Fabregas not even 19 yet and what a talent, Wenger is building another great footballing team and for me Arsenal still play the best football in the premiership, a joy to watch.

Watched Benfica v Barca, really good game. No exaggaration to say it could have (and probably should have) been about 5-2 to Barca instead of 0-0.

Wouldn't mind seeing Arsenal win the whole thing tbh. Although having said that, I supported Liverpool in last year's final and am sick to the back teeth of that "we won it five times" thing now and wish they'd never won it.

So I hope Arsenal can win it, but not be as smug as the scousers about it.

Watched Benfica v Barca, really good game. No exaggaration to say it could have (and probably should have) been about 5-2 to Barca instead of 0-0.

111705[/snapback]

My original plan was to read some papers while sometimes glancing at the TV. I ended up flicking between those two matches in total excitement. Both were great games to watch!

Love watching Ronaldinho. Fantastic skills but he is also very effective and makes things happen. I was obvioulsy devastated my all-time favourite player went off for tactical reasons at half-time though.