Favourite current TV shows

Jimbo

That's like a Hollyoaks family tbh :o

Edit:

Daphne - manchester accent

Mother - more upper class accent

Father - i can't remember but different again

then one brother was a yank doing a hideous cockney accent, another brother was Richard E Grant and another one was Robbie Coltraine!!!

111855[/snapback]

Maybe the yanks couldn't tell the difference. I never really got into Frasier, don't know why. If anything, I preferred cheers.

Oh, and I used to fancy Kirsty Alley on Cheers. Have you seen the state of her now? :o

God's son cried profusely!

111876[/snapback]

She's 'piled the beef on' as they say.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm often busy in the evenings so I don't get a chance to watch much, but I don't find anything that watchable these days, especially now Shameless has finished.

I really don't see what the fuss is about Lost, nothing ever seems to happen. A perfect example of how a good looking cast and a flashy marketing campaign will get people raving over a show that is really quite dull.

ER has seriously gone downhill (haven't really been into it since Greene died) but I'll still catch it when I can. Most of the new characters are just irratating though, Kovac was interesting when he was shagging prostitutes all the time but now he's just achingly dull.

Lost started off alright, but it's getting on my wick now with nowt happening. I've still got a few episodes from the new series that I haven't watched cos I'm losing interest in it. I get the impression the writers themselves didn't really know what they wanted to happen.

Twin Peaks was the same - started off class and ended a shambles.

I'm often busy in the evenings so I don't get a chance to watch much, but I don't find anything that watchable these days, especially now Shameless has finished.

I really don't see what the fuss is about Lost, nothing ever seems to happen. A perfect example of how a good looking cast and a flashy marketing campaign will get people raving over a show that is really quite dull.

ER has seriously gone downhill (haven't really been into it since Greene died) but I'll still catch it when I can. Most of the new characters are just irratating though, Kovac was interesting when he was shagging prostitutes all the time but now he's just achingly dull.

111888[/snapback]

My wife watches ER so I occasionally watch bits of it between flicking the pages of a book or magazine if I can't be arsed to go upstairs. It is utter horse shit now, and completely unrealistic I would think. Should have finished years ago when Greene died.

I'll tell you one thing that bores me but loads of people like. CSI, every episode is exactly the same.

111889[/snapback]

Used to watch it when it was just the Vegas one. Bored of it these days though. The Miami one is funny just because of the cheese on that Horatio bloke - unbelievable!

I'll tell you one thing that bores me but loads of people like. CSI, every episode is exactly the same.

111889[/snapback]

Used to watch it when it was just the Vegas one. Bored of it these days though. The Miami one is funny just because of the cheese on that Horatio bloke - unbelievable!

111892[/snapback]

David Caruso? More edge than a broken piss-pot tbh.

Lost started off alright, but it's getting on my wick now with nowt happening.  I've still got a few episodes from the new series that I haven't watched cos I'm losing interest in it.  I get the impression the writers themselves didn't really know what they wanted to happen.

Twin Peaks was the same - started off class and ended a shambles.

111890[/snapback]

I've heard there is no plot that's been planned in advance and don't know if I can be arsed to watch it now.

Agree about Twin peaks too. Did you know there's a bloke who is the absolute spit of Fire Walk With Me who lives in Tynemouth? I see him at the match occasionally too - scarey stuff.

Edit: also TT went to pot because David Lynch didn't direct the second series iirc.

Edited by Renton

Totally lost interest in Prison Break like, Ritchie.

One of the best shows EVER for the bittorrent people to download is Oz. Prison drama off HBO - there were 6 series and it's finished now, but it's brilliant. Definitely worth downloading.

Totally lost interest in Prison Break like, Ritchie. 

One of the best shows EVER for the bittorrent people to download is Oz.  Prison drama off HBO - there were 6 series and it's finished now, but it's brilliant.  Definitely worth downloading.

111899[/snapback]

I used to watch that way back when it started on ch4 very late at night and nobody else seem to bother with it!

Certainly had its share of brutality and violence for a tv series, and well worth watching.

111888[/snapback]

My wife watches ER so I occasionally watch bits of it between flicking the pages of a book or magazine if I can't be arsed to go upstairs. It is utter horse shit now, and completely unrealistic I would think. Should have finished years ago when Greene died.

111891[/snapback]

I know, I only really watch it out of nostalgia. Still, if you think it's unrealistic you should watch House. I would rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that steaming pile of horseshit again.

I like the Apprentice though, forgot about that one.

Oz was canny good like, only ever on dead late though so I've only seen about 3 episodes.

111905[/snapback]

Saw one episode and it scared the shit out of me. Decided I was better off watching Prisoner Cell Block H. :o

111888[/snapback]

111891[/snapback]

I know, I only really watch it out of nostalgia. Still, if you think it's unrealistic you should watch House. I would rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that steaming pile of horseshit again.

I like the Apprentice though, forgot about that one.

111910[/snapback]

I like the apprentice too. I think its for the Schaudenfraude (sp?) aspect.

Oz was canny good like, only ever on dead late though so I've only seen about 3 episodes.

111905[/snapback]

Saw one episode and it scared the shit out of me. Decided I was better off watching Prisoner Cell Block H. :o

111921[/snapback]

By tv standards it was as much as you'd likely ever see.

I remember one plot where two characters were sneaking very finely ground up glass into another blokes food so that slowly his insides were being cut to bits but he wouldn't notice at first leaving him totally fucked up inside...lovely!

Plus plenty of beating, murders and arse raping, neo nazis, skinheads, psychos and the like!

111905[/snapback]

111921[/snapback]

It was one of those where you occasionally had to look away like. Could be pretty unpleasant stuff. :o

Anyone ever see a similar thing on Channel4 that was set in a UK prison? Only ever saw it about twice (on dead late too). Twas also good.

Anyone ever see a similar thing on Channel4 that was set in a UK prison? Only ever saw it about twice (on dead late too). Twas also good.

111932[/snapback]

I did but wasn't that impressed. It was the usual thing of seing a british drama, and comparing it to the vastly superior US equivalent (Oz) and there was a massive difference.

111932[/snapback]

Bad girls? Scum? Scrubbers?

:o

I have got it with me today actually - it's got my ipod and some other stuff in it - an invaluable addition to any man's wardrobe.  I'm all about the accessories tbh.

111800[/snapback]

Brimming with show tunes, no doubt.

Just finished watching "The Contest", I am thoroughly unimpressed, can someone explain to me what;s genius about it?

I like the apprentice too. I think its for the Schaudenfraude (sp?) aspect.

111925[/snapback]

I think it's schadenfreude, with an umlaut(sp?) over the a. I always thought it was named after freud, but it turns out 'freude' is German for joy, irony.