Favourite current TV shows

Jimbo

Downloading "The Contest" now, does Seinfeld get smacked in the face for 25 minutes?  It was the first series I watched, so maybe it gets better but if liking Seinfeld the series involved liking Seinfeld the man, then I think it's lost on me.

Just started the get into South Park, thought it was shit early on but saw the first episode of series 10 last week, and I'm now watching series 9, funny shit.

111740[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of Jerry or Elaine, but George and Kramer are sitcom legends. The first series was comparatively shit. The writing gets better and better up to series 5, but The Contest is the peak. It's about who can abstain from onanism the longest.

111750[/snapback]

You don't like 50% of the main cast, its a wonder you're a fan! :o

I like all of them and the way they interact with each other and the other characters in the series. But you're right George is a sitcom legend of the highest order.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Seinfeld, I much the series rather to the comedian too. I wouldn't say it was hilarious, I just find it quite amusing in a similar way to how I view Frasier.

Re: Seinfeld, I much the series rather to the comedian too. I wouldn't say it was hilarious, I just find it quite amusing in a similar way to how I view Frasier.

111752[/snapback]

I used to love Frasier, haven't watched it in ages. Thought Elaine was pretty repulsive in Seinfeld but found her much more appealing when she did that Curb your Enthusiasm cameo (the actress, obviously).

111752[/snapback]

I used to love Frasier, haven't watched it in ages. Thought Elaine was pretty repulsive in Seinfeld but found her much more appealing when she did that Curb your Enthusiasm cameo (the actress, obviously).

111757[/snapback]

Frasier was another great sitcom with fantastic writing and performances up until the last couple of series when it went of the boil.

Re Elaine, the actress herself has said something along the lines of when anyone came up to her and said they loved Elaine or wanted to go out with her that she asked if they were insane!

Frasier was a bit nerdy an'all tbh. :o Although it could be funny enough - he's not as annoying as Jerry Seinfeld.

111761[/snapback]

The whole point of it is taking the piss out of the brothers' snobbiness and nerdiness, though.

Does not compute tbh. :o

Frasier was a bit nerdy an'all tbh. :o Although it could be funny enough - he's not as annoying as Jerry Seinfeld.

111761[/snapback]

The whole point of it is taking the piss out of the brothers' snobbiness and nerdiness, though.

111763[/snapback]

I know that man, you plum! I meant it was FOR nerds an'all though. I'm too cool for stuff like that is what I'm telling you. :o

You don't like 50% of the main cast, its a wonder you're a fan!  :o

I like all of them and the way they interact with each other and the other characters in the series. But you're right George is a sitcom legend of the highest order.

111751[/snapback]

I don't hate them, but if it wasn't for George and Kramer I wouldn't be a fan.

Saying that though, Frank and Estelle are best things in it. They should make a spin off called The Costanza's.

"SERENITY NOW!"

You don't like 50% of the main cast, its a wonder you're a fan!  :o

111751[/snapback]

I don't hate them, but if it wasn't for George and Kramer I wouldn't be a fan.

Saying that though, Frank and Estelle are best things in it. They should make a spin off called The Costanza's.

"SERENITY NOW!"

111767[/snapback]

They were perfectly chosen as you can't imagine those 3 not being actually related and when they're all together it works so well!

111761[/snapback]

111763[/snapback]

I know that man, you plum! I meant it was FOR nerds an'all though. I'm too cool for stuff like that is what I'm telling you. :o

111765[/snapback]

I am nerdy though, so are you :o

111761[/snapback]

111763[/snapback]

111765[/snapback]

I am nerdy though, so are you :o

111781[/snapback]

Now THAT really does not compute. Are you MAD?! You being a nerd I'll accept - "did you know" posts being evidence of that, but me? ME??? :o

See what I mean about Seinfeld nerds though? :o

111772[/snapback]

:o

Favourite show ever

:o  HF's read a book on it. :o

111776[/snapback]

Seinlanguage it's called.

Edited by Happy Face

Seinfeld has to be one of the best sitcoms ever made!

Pisses on some of the shite nowadays!

How old does that me sound........

111772[/snapback]

Favourite show ever

111776[/snapback]

111790[/snapback]

It's all right, Gemmill has successfully out-gayed you by dancing around his man-bag, filled with fruit smoothies no doubt.

111772[/snapback]

Favourite show ever

111776[/snapback]

111790[/snapback]

It's all right, Gemmill has successfully out-gayed you by dancing around his man-bag, filled with fruit smoothies no doubt.

111795[/snapback]

I have got it with me today actually - it's got my ipod and some other stuff in it - an invaluable addition to any man's wardrobe. I'm all about the accessories tbh.