Favourite current TV shows

Jimbo

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BitTorrent? WTF?

Desperate Housewives is still a must for me mainly for Eva Longoria but also it's a bit dark and some of the storylines are interesting.

111595[/snapback]

It's like a laptop, only bigger.

The only thing dark about that show is the lighting, I thought it was funny for the first half season, don't know why I'm watching it now, bit like Lost.

I agree she'd get a large portion, I'm a bit concerned about how readily you know her name? Although I guess you need something to shout when you're shaking white hot coconuts from the veiny love tree.

111619[/snapback]

:o:o

Like a laptop, so it's a whole seperate bit of equipment all together? Pricey is it? Not something you get off the net and watch on your laptop then?

I'm a fan of the Real Hustle on BBC 3 too, the lass on their is in Dream Team too, hot stuff. Like seeing all the tricks, I've successfully performed a few cons on my mates but they are knocking on wood so it wasn't difficult. Next one I'm gonna try is nicking a laptop. All I need is 3 others positioned strategically around and unsuspecting laptop carrier!

I like Beauty & the Geek too on E4 soon to be on C4. Watch out for the reaction of one of the geeks when one of the stunning birds kisses him on the cheek. Class.

SMO, Bittorrent is software that you download to your computer and you can then download shows that people put on their computers. So once a show is on in the US they stick it on the internet to download.

Which is how you can watch Lost 2 and the Sopranos 6 NOW - Scottish Mag introduced me to it. Lost's up to episode 16 over there at the mo, and the Sopranos is up to episode 3.

I hate Scrubs like, don't find it the least bit funny and the twee monologues are about as subtle as the ones you used to get at the end of He-Man.

111627[/snapback]

Mocking He-Man now? Fuck's sake. :o

111638[/snapback]

Those monolgues at the end spoiled the rest of the show tbh.

People have mentioned most of my current favourite programmes:

Family Guy

American Dad

Scrubs

Green Wing (saw the 1st series god knows how long ago and been waiting for series 2 since then, but will class it as current as its back on friday)

Also Curb Your Enthusiasm, not long since the lasts eries i was watching finished and watching some of the older ones that they're repeating currently

Never watched Curb your Enthusiasm, the trailers make it look really funny and its something that I always mean to try out but never get round to it, just like the Daily Show. The Seinfled link has always put me off a bit.

SO, Tutorial for bittorrent here

http://thepiratebay.org/howdoidownload.php

might want to check out puretna.com too :o (Definitely NSFW!!)

Curb your Enthusiasm is class.  I thought Seinfeld was cack though - I just don't like Jerry Seinfeld.

111722[/snapback]

Amen.

Absolutely love Larry David*, but can't stand Seinfeld, I gave it another go after watching Curb but still didn't like it, I've been told to try the later series but I don't know. Seinfeld seems to do the most obvious observational comedy in those little stand up segements, like, did you ever notice how rain is wet *canned laughter*. Actually, fuck that, that's funnier than anything he's ever said.

*it was someone on here who convinced me to download it, so cheers, whoever that was

Never watched Curb your Enthusiasm, the trailers make it look really funny and its something that I always mean to try out but never get round to it, just like the Daily Show. The Seinfled link has always put me off a bit.

111727[/snapback]

Can I really meet those girls from my area?

111727[/snapback]

111730[/snapback]

For an extortionate fee they're all yours!

Curb your Enthusiasm is class.  I thought Seinfeld was cack though - I just don't like Jerry Seinfeld.

111722[/snapback]

Amen.

Absolutely love Larry David*, but can't stand Seinfeld, I gave it another go after watching Curb but still didn't like it, I've been told to try the later series but I don't know. Seinfeld seems to do the most obvious observational comedy in those little stand up segements, like, did you ever notice how rain is wet *canned laughter*. Actually, fuck that, that's funnier than anything he's ever said.

*it was someone on here who convinced me to download it, so cheers, whoever that was

111728[/snapback]

Seinfeld the show rips the shit out of Seinfeld the comedian tbh. Think it was Wullie who recently got turned ojn to Seinfeld and loved it. If you watch a few classic episodes you will too I'm sure. Download "The Contest" and tell me that's not genius.

111727[/snapback]

111730[/snapback]

:o

dunno, but I reckon we should all move to Chesterfield.

Seinfeld was a great sitcom, with the small stand up segments being the weakest part, but they were only a tiny part of it.

It was definitely a series that grew over time, the early episodes are not as good as what followed as the writers and characters progressed it just got better and better.

Downloading "The Contest" now, does Seinfeld get smacked in the face for 25 minutes? It was the first series I watched, so maybe it gets better but if liking Seinfeld the series involved liking Seinfeld the man, then I think it's lost on me.

Just started the get into South Park, thought it was shit early on but saw the first episode of series 10 last week, and I'm now watching series 9, funny shit.

I always just found Seinfeld (the series and the man) too nerdy.

111745[/snapback]

More of a Burt Reynolds man, yourself?

Downloading "The Contest" now, does Seinfeld get smacked in the face for 25 minutes?  It was the first series I watched, so maybe it gets better but if liking Seinfeld the series involved liking Seinfeld the man, then I think it's lost on me.

Just started the get into South Park, thought it was shit early on but saw the first episode of series 10 last week, and I'm now watching series 9, funny shit.

111740[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of Jerry or Elaine, but George and Kramer are sitcom legends. The first series was comparatively shit. The writing gets better and better up to series 5, but The Contest is the peak. It's about who can abstain from onanism the longest.