testimonial tickets

Kid Dynamite

I'm only going cos I'm missing the last home game of the season, feel like I should have the chance to show my appreciation despite him looking finished. If the money wasn't going to charity I wouldn't be going though.

Shearer will still make some lolly out of the game like, tv rights to Sky etc., corporate shit. Nice gesture to give the ticket money to charidee though as it would have sold out even if he hadn't.

Shearer will still make some lolly out of the game like, tv rights to Sky etc., corporate shit. Nice gesture to give the ticket money to charidee though as it would have sold out even if he hadn't.

112139[/snapback]

professional suicide if he hadnt tbh. its common courtesy these days. especially when you have a personal fortune of £60million ish!

112139[/snapback]

professional suicide if he hadnt tbh. its common courtesy these days. especially when you have a personal fortune of £60million ish!

112426[/snapback]

aye indeed. Didnt stop Giggs pocketing the lot though :lol:

aye indeed. Didnt stop Giggs pocketing the lot though  :lol:

112448[/snapback]

Have you ever looked into his cold, dead eyes. He has no career after football anyway.

Aye he made a million from it and splashed out £150,000 for watches for the Manyoo and Celtic players.

112655[/snapback]

Is that right? What a fucking arsehole! You deserve to run out to an empty stadium on your testimonial if that's the sort of bloke you are.

RYAN Giggs earned pounds 1million from his testimonial match against Celtic - then splashed out pounds 150,000 on watches for his friends.

The Manchester United winger's massive payday caused controversy when sports minister Richard Caborn called for soccer stars' testimonial earnings to be taxed.

But, unknown to the minister, the 27-year-old Welsh international was undertaking his own redistribution of wealth.

He bought 50 Breitling watches at pounds 3,000 each to thank all the players who took part, including Roy Keane, David Beckham, Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon. Giggs had asked for more expensive Rolex models, but such a large quantity could not be supplied in time. Members of the testimonial committee also got the gifts.

Mr Caborn argued that the tax-free rules for testimonials were never meant to benefit pounds 50,000-a-week stars still in the prime of their careers.