Make or break time ahead

aimaad22

Im gutted. Never really expected to win against chelski but deep down one always hopes for a miracle doesnt he??

I dont think the true implications of last night's defeat have sunk in yet, an era has virtually come to an end at Newcastle. The Shearer era is over, perhaps the greatest player in our history is going to leave us with no silverware. That goes some way in showing how we've underachieved over the last few years. People can say what they like about shearer, and how he is past it and has become a liability. No doubt he's not what he used to be, but the sad fact is that we've had one of the greatest strikers of all time play in his prime for us and we've failed to take advantage. What will it take for us to start fulfilling our potential??

There is nothing more I would have liked to see than shearer lift a trophy this season. The great man has come and gone. :lol:

Watching the game I realised how much work we still have to put in if we are to win a trophy next year or even in the next three years. There little doubt that a trophy's the only thing thats going to get the club going finally. But how far are we from one?? Miles far I think, we dont have the quality or the required set-up yet.

This summmer is going to be one of the most crucial ones in our history, it will decide whether we make the jump up to the elite of english football, or get stuck in the misery of mid table mediocrity for the considerable future. We have the basis for a great team, and yet a few hasty decisions could see us fall apart completely. Boy is the next manager going to play an important role in our long term future.

So pray lads, and hope that for once Fat Fred gets us the right man.

Beardsley's the greatest player in our history tbh.

109469[/snapback]

I don't agree tbh.

109471[/snapback]

I don't care tbh.

109469[/snapback]

I don't agree tbh.

109471[/snapback]

I don't care tbh.

109473[/snapback]

I don't care you don't care tbh.

Is this the new toontatic style of debate btw? :lol:

109469[/snapback]

I don't agree tbh.

109471[/snapback]

I don't care tbh.

109473[/snapback]

109474[/snapback]

You started it ;)

109469[/snapback]

I don't agree tbh.

109471[/snapback]

I don't care tbh.

109473[/snapback]

109474[/snapback]

You started it ;)

109475[/snapback]

Following your and Leazes lead from "where your tax is being spent" thread over in General Chat. I quite like it actually, means I don't have to think about my responses. ;)

109469[/snapback]

I don't agree tbh.

109471[/snapback]

I don't care tbh.

109473[/snapback]

109474[/snapback]

You started it ;)

109475[/snapback]

Following your and Leazes lead from "where your tax is being spent" thread over in General Chat. I quite like it actually, means I don't have to think about my responses. :icon_lol:

109478[/snapback]

You mean you normally think about them? :icon_lol:

Re: Leazes in General Chat, I really can't be doing with that 'you get all your ideas from fancy dan lecturers'-type debate again. I reserve the right to change my mind though ;)

Aye, I predicted last week that our season would be over, following defeat to Liverpool then Chelsea. Feels GREAT © to be vindicated like :lol:

I fully expected defeat last night, so when it happened it was more a confirmation of expectations than any huge let-down.  Ah well, there's always next season.  Again. :lol:

109481[/snapback]

I wasn't that bothered. Defeat was expected, it's saved me a lot of money and the heart break of being beat in the semis or final. Shearer himself seemed pretty philosophical about the whole thing.

I agree it is effetively the end of an era though. I just hope the next one is more successful, certainly in terms of trophies, but as ever I'm skeptical.

109469[/snapback]

Correct.

109485[/snapback]

Ha. Alex's argument blown out the water.

109487[/snapback]

We already know you think it's Robert tbh.

I don't think we should rush to judgement on that until Shola's had a chance to blossom under a new manager tbh.

109486[/snapback]

His time will come :lol:

109469[/snapback]

Correct.

109485[/snapback]

Ha. Alex's argument blown out the water.

109487[/snapback]

We already know you think it's Robert tbh.

109490[/snapback]

:lol:

Touche.

Could well have been/ should have been Shearer but we only had one season of him at his best. And that is a fact I'm afraid.

109495[/snapback]

But even Shearer past his peak was phenomenal, as his scoring record shows. Whereas Beardsley chose to leave during his best years.

Edited by Renton

Could well have been/ should have been Shearer but we only had one season of him at his best. And that is a fact I'm afraid.

109495[/snapback]

But even Shearer past his peak was phenomenal, as his scoring record shows. Whereas Beardsley chose to leave during his best years.

109501[/snapback]

Not as good as Beardsley was at NUFC, for me at least. And I don't think he was phenomenal past his peak, very good though.

Aye, I predicted last week that our season would be over, following defeat to Liverpool then Chelsea. Feels GREAT © to be vindicated like ;)

109482[/snapback]

Toontastic exclusive: Alex IS Leazesmag!! ;)

109508[/snapback]

Shepherd's GREAT © too :lol: