FAO David Icke - Son of God

Zathras

American View:

Pre 9/11 - IRA = freedom fighters

Post 9/11 - IRA = nasty terrorists

Btw I think it's out of order changing the avatar, unless their are going to be rules on what we can and can't take the piss out of on here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you be "all for free speech" and then take offence when somebody says something that affects you personally?

I'd say that makes you a hypocrite.

108933[/snapback]

There's nothing hypocritical about being for free speech, but not liking what someone says; Zathras has however forced the hand of a mod to remove someone's freedom of speech, so that's interesting.

Zathras - you have some strange ideas about dying for our rights to freedom of speech, I'm unaware of a country in existence that allows anyone to say what you want, when you want; so why aren't people who are willing to die for it dead yet?

I think terrorism has probably touched alot of us profoundly, unfortunately it's the world we live in. What, in your view, should be the statute of limitations on this kind of tragic comedy? Is Larry David wrong to make jokes about the holocaust? Or Jesus?

I think comedy is a coping mechanism, how about we all sit and think about burning, falling, crushing over and over again untl we go mad, And wonder when it's going to happen again, every moment, until we're all terrified.

American View:

Btw I think it's out of order changing the avatar, unless their are going to be rules on what we can and can't take the piss out of on here.

109038[/snapback]

And what all the poor people who died at the hands of pirates, you callous bastard! :lol:

If I had an uncle who was on one of those planes, I probably wouldn't appreciate seeing that avatar every time I posted on here. And I would have changed it if asked - weird thing to take a stand over tbh. Not sure removing the avatar was the right thing to do but I'm not gonna get too excited about it.

American View:

109038[/snapback]

Bit of a generalisation, the first bit Alex? I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but they're not all ignorant fuckers across 'the pond'.

As to changing the avatar, I agree. Then again, do I? :lol: The more I think about it, the more uncertain I am. Without someone from time to time removing something they, themselves, find disagreeable, we would be heading down the road of needing ground rules as to what qualifies as disagreeable. Then it would end up being a whole long-winded list of rules - one step away from religion.

As someone who has witnessed terrorism first-hand, it is something that affects me in one way or another whenever it is encountered. To this day, whenever the pictures of the twin towers appear, either just before, during, or after the atrocity I have to avert my eyes. When I first studied the avatar I found it rather distasteful but not something that warranted a request to remove it - unlike Zat who has more reason than any of us, it seems, for making the request. I decided just to ignore it as I felt it would only be a matter of time before it was changed at the poster's discretion.

American View:

109038[/snapback]

And what all the poor people who died at the hands of pirates, you callous bastard! :lol:

109044[/snapback]

Aarhh! Those who die be the lucky ones.

If I had an uncle who was on one of those planes, I probably wouldn't appreciate seeing that avatar every time I posted on here.  And I would have changed it if asked - weird thing to take a stand over tbh.  Not sure removing the avatar was the right thing to do but I'm not gonna get too excited about it.

109045[/snapback]

That's a different issue though, isn't it? Fair do's to ask for it to be changed and perhaps a bit insensitive not to do so after that. But a mod actually changing it is a setting a precedent.

American View:

109038[/snapback]

Bit of a generalisation, the first bit Alex? I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but they're not all ignorant fuckers across 'the pond'.

109050[/snapback]

US Government policy was what I meant tbh.

If I had an uncle who was on one of those planes, I probably wouldn't appreciate seeing that avatar every time I posted on here.  And I would have changed it if asked - weird thing to take a stand over tbh.  Not sure removing the avatar was the right thing to do but I'm not gonna get too excited about it.

109045[/snapback]

That's a different issue though, isn't it? Fair do's to ask for it to be changed and perhaps a bit insensitive not to do so after that. But a mod actually changing it is a setting a precedent.

109052[/snapback]

It does set a precedent, but I'm not sure it's something that's going to happen too regularly so I don't know that it really matters tbh - in this instant someone was offended, probably with good reason, and Skol refused to remove the avatar, probably not with good reason, so someone took the decision out of his hands. If everyone just had potatoey martians this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

If Zath had just said "WTF is with your avatar? Some of us lost family on the 11th of September 2001." in the first place, I presume this argument wouldn't have taken off quite as spectacularly. Can we just pretend he did? :lol:

American View:

109038[/snapback]

109050[/snapback]

109053[/snapback]

A fuck load more than the government, unfortunately; although it obviously falls far short of a majority. I'm guessing a 32 county republic is not high on Zathras' list of priorities. :lol:

American View:

109038[/snapback]

109050[/snapback]

109053[/snapback]

A fuck load more than the government, unfortunately; although it obviously falls far short of a majority. I'm guessing a 32 county republic is not high on Zathras' list of priorities. :lol:

109057[/snapback]

Probably right like. Who the fuck would want Tyrone after all?!

American View:

109038[/snapback]

109050[/snapback]

109053[/snapback]

109057[/snapback]

I went in a bar in San Francisco once called "Ireland's 32". I felt about as welcome as Gary Glitter at a Wacky Warehouse. :lol:

Probably right like. Who the fuck would want Tyrone after all?!

109059[/snapback]

:lol: I know, probably the solution to the whole problem tbh.

Lads, have yous actually looked around; what are you fighting for?

I went in a bar in San Francisco once called "Ireland's 32".  I felt about as welcome as Gary Glitter at a Wacky Warehouse. :lol:

109060[/snapback]

One of your local haunts? Fetish bar? I haven't a scooby what it is, but it sounds like the kind of place Glitter would be very comfortable.

You were probably all right with your bright red hair anyway. The yanks probably thought you were one of the High Kings of Tara. Did they offer to crown you? :lol:

I went in a bar in San Francisco once called "Ireland's 32".  I felt about as welcome as Gary Glitter at a Wacky Warehouse. :lol:

109060[/snapback]

One of your local haunts? Fetish bar? I haven't a scooby what it is, but it sounds like the kind of place Glitter would be very comfortable.

You were probably all right with your bright red hair anyway. The yanks probably thought you were one of the High Kings of Tara. Did they offer to crown you? :lol:

109066[/snapback]

I'm sure they would have been all too happy to "crown" me. :blush: A Wacky Warehouse is a kid's adventure playhouse - it's a chain in the UK, you uneducated backward Irish fool - that's how I addressed the barman as well! :lol:

:lol: I hope you slapped his wife for good measure. Probably reminded him of the good auld days.

I lived in England for a couple of years, I just didn't frequent many playgrounds in that time (please don't take that as a request to leave the site and never return). :lol:

Dotbum, I'm starving and the canteen's shut.  Could you do something about your avatar please?

109077[/snapback]

When are you not tbh :lol:

And WTF is with your avatar? I'm all for freedom of speech, but my grandfather once had to watch Bradford play!

EDIT: Do you normally eat African babies when you're hungry btw?

Edited by DotBum

It was in poor taste, my thought was that it had to go.

109062[/snapback]

But Nazi Flags, avatars etc. are ok? Righto.

109076[/snapback]

Aye, I've been racially abused on here several times already this morning. IP ban for everyone!

Crying into my Lucky Charms tbs tbs.

109062[/snapback]

109076[/snapback]

Aye, I've been racially abused on here several times already this morning. IP ban for everyone!

109083[/snapback]

I'd just like top point out the Nazi flags don't offend me, although Isegrim's lot did bomb my Granny :lol:

I'd just like top point out the Nazi flags don't offend me, although Isegrim's lot did bomb my Granny :lol:

109093[/snapback]

Euphemism? :lol:

109062[/snapback]

109076[/snapback]

109083[/snapback]

109093[/snapback]

Yeah, and Stonewall Jackson's lot shot my Great Great Great Uncle Zabe in the 'merican civil war, Dotbum, but that flag doesn't bother me :lol: