Snowboarding

adios

Anyone been on a snowmobile before?  Class fun, with the added bonus of feeling like you're James Bond.

108683[/snapback]

I know Daniel Craig must give you some hope, but we're still a long way from fat-ginger Bond tbh.

Maybe you could play a rogue (rouge?) robot? :lol:

108684[/snapback]

You could play a villain whose only weakness is the fact that his eyes are gay! This gives rise to the added complication of you not knowing whether to kill Bond or bum him. "Noooooo, Mr. Bond, I expect you to strip tbs tbs." :lol:

108688[/snapback]

Gemmill's latent homness coming out again I see.

Anyone been on a snowmobile before?  Class fun, with the added bonus of feeling like you're James Bond.

108683[/snapback]

I know Daniel Craig must give you some hope, but we're still a long way from fat-ginger Bond tbh.

108684[/snapback]

You could play a villain whose only weakness is the fact that his eyes are gay! This gives rise to the added complication of you not knowing whether to kill Bond or bum him. "Noooooo, Mr. Bond, I expect you to strip tbs tbs." :lol:

108688[/snapback]

108690[/snapback]

Two words: roast puffin.

108683[/snapback]

108684[/snapback]

108688[/snapback]

108690[/snapback]

Two words: roast puffin.

108692[/snapback]

Yes, only you could pervert the meaning of an innocent Icelandic delicacy into some sordid avian sex attack.

Well, you and a few others iirc. :lol:

I have done both skiing and boarding and can ski very well but am still struggling with boarding. But won't go back until I've cracked it.

Problems occur when you are on a relatively flat section and you come to a stop or catch an edge and you end up going arse over onto an unpleasant icy floor.

But when you get from top to bottom in one piece it is a brilliant feeling, far better than skiing IMHO.

As for dry slopes boarding on them is for professionals and lunitics as far as I can tell

You could play a villain whose only weakness is the fact that his eyes are gay!  This gives rise to the added complication of you not knowing whether to kill Bond or bum him.  "Noooooo, Mr. Bond, I expect you to strip tbs tbs." :lol:

108688[/snapback]

:lol:

Nothing gay about these eyes.

rw27ua.jpg

Watch what ye say, or I'll throw me cap at ya!

Edited by DotBum

Yes, only you could pervert the meaning of an innocent Icelandic delicacy into some sordid avian sex attack.

Well, you and a few others iirc.  :lol:

108703[/snapback]

Blatant bird fancier.

Well, you and a few others iirc.  :lol:

108703[/snapback]

Blatant bird fancier.

108739[/snapback]

Are you now proclaiming his latent heterosexual tendancies or outing him as a keen ornathologist

boarding is different class. once you try it you'll never go back to skiing.

i've just got back from a week in courchevel (french alps). it's defintely worth persevering with.

i had a few hairy runs when the visibilty fucked up but you soon forget about the sore arse from the first couple of days when you're linking turns and cutting up the fresh powder off piste.

there's just nothing like riding untouched snow....it's like surfing through air - you've just got to try not to fall over because you can end up getting buried waste deep in snow and having to swim through snow to saftey.

108673[/snapback]

Hmmm, I was reading an article in the Times about snowboarders going off-piste. Apparently they are responsible for most the avalanches seen in the Alps (very frequent this year because of the late snow). Usually they end up killing other people by triggering avalanches beneath them - there was an English skiier killed in this way this year in Italy iirc - and the boarders that caused it are probably going to get lenghy sentences.

108682[/snapback]

christ. no one told me about that like.

Are you now proclaiming his latent heterosexual tendancies or outing him as a keen ornathologist

108740[/snapback]

four and twenty blackbirds tbh.

Went again today, I'm totally hooked; although the snow was shite, hoping to go again on Monday if there's any snow left.

Day got cut short by a thunder storm, on the drive back down lightning hit right beside us. I'm not sure how close but there was very little difference in the timing of the flash and the clap, and I saw two flashes, I think one was the lightning coming down, and one was the impact. :)