David Kelly

Quarter-final draw:

Sevilla v Zenit St Petersburg

Basle v MIDDLESBROUGH

Rapid Bucharest v Steaua Bucharest

Levski Sofia v Schalke 04

Winner of Smoggies game play Bucharest.

Worryingly I think it's theirs for the taking! :o

Must admit, it's looking fairly straightforward and I would be gutted if they won it.  Are any of those teams left any good??

107746[/snapback]

Sevilla are 6th or summat. They must be alreet. Incidentally, if they win this, does that make Gibson better than Shepherd :o

Must admit, it's looking fairly straightforward and I would be gutted if they won it.  Are any of those teams left any good??

107746[/snapback]

Sevilla are 6th or summat. They must be alreet. Incidentally, if they win this, does that make Gibson better than Shepherd :o

107752[/snapback]

Shepherd's cuter. *swoon*

107746[/snapback]

107752[/snapback]

I can hear a whoosh and a rant on its way.

I've put £50 on Basel. They're a good team and although they haven't been on fire in Europe this season, I'm quite sure they'll beat the Smoggies over two legs.

The UEFA Cup is definitely the most winnable competition these days, it's a shame we didn't qualify and don't look like qualifying for next year's competition either. Cheers Graeme...

People seem to be forgeting some of these sides left in are no push overs. The two Bucharest sides knocked out Real Betis and Marseille to reach this stage and I have no doubts the rest of the sides remaining are there on merit aswell.

People seem to be forgeting some of these sides left in are no push overs. The two Bucharest sides knocked out Real Betis and Marseille to reach this stage and I have no doubts the rest of the sides remaining are there on merit aswell.

107781[/snapback]

I've only seen Rapid Bucharest playing Hamburg in the last round but they really impressed me. They also knocked out some other decent teams in earlier stages. I wouldn't be too surprised if one of the eastern European teams wins it.

I've put £50 on Basel. They're a good team and although they haven't been on fire in Europe this season, I'm quite sure they'll beat the Smoggies over two legs.

The UEFA Cup is definitely the most winnable competition these days, it's a shame we didn't qualify and don't look like qualifying for next year's competition either. Cheers Graeme...

107769[/snapback]

You got it right B/dil - Basel will knock out the mutants. If I were a betting man I would have 40p on it (my maximum betting limit).

Will the smogs be opening more sides of the ground for the super-supporters to get in for these later stages of the UeFA cup, I wonder?

• 2 weeks later...