B&Q workers Commonwealth glory

Scottish Mag

engerland.jpg

engerland2.jpg

ENGLAND won their first title at the Commonwealth Games last night — after they were branded worst-dressed nation at the opening ceremony.

The team paraded in front of the Queen, 80,000 spectators and millions on TV in red zip-up tops and black combat trousers.

One onlooker said: “They looked like they were about to go on a night shift at B&Q rather than lead a parade being shown around the globe.

“They were easily the worst-dressed of the 71 nations.”

The English, who were unable to get sponsorship for the Games, were shown up by the Welsh in cream designer suits and Scotland in dashing kilts and stylish shirts.

One English athlete in the parade at the Melbourne Cricket Ground admitted: “We always seem to look the worst.”

Team England’s chiefs admitted this week they could not get sponsorship from private companies.

Scotland and Wales have both managed to get cash from businesses to help fund their Commonwealth campaign.

Team leader Ann Hogbin said she was “astonished” no company wanted to sponsor England.

She added: “There does not seem to be the same nationalism in England as in Scotland and Wales.”

They ended up paying a little-known firm for the kit.

B&Q workers wear orange and black tbh

107653[/snapback]

I'm barred from B&Q ;)

I went in and a bloke asked me if I wanted decking. Luckily I got the first punch in.

;)

107813[/snapback]

An oldun but goldun..... :o