Sky TV

Kid Dynamite

My nanna died almost 12 months ago and my dad had the unfortunate task of emptying her house, taking clothes to the charity shop ,cancelling bills etc.etc.

Anyway, he cancelled her sky subscription and just got a phone call tonight asking if hed like to reconsider. :o

He told them no, because his mam had passed away, to which they replied ''we can do you a special offer.''

My dad said no, seriously, why would i need sky now, to which they replied ''well why dont we give you 2 weeks to think about it '' ;)

to which he replied, my fucking mothers dead, which part of that dont you understand ;)

hes pretty upest seeing as how its almost the 1 year anniversary.

Fcuking insensitive twats. I think a pretty nasty complaint will be following soon.

Aye, that's nasty like. I've always been pleasantly surprised at how competent and, well, human the people I've spoken to at Sky have been, but that's not on.

107559[/snapback]

Most obnoxious customer service personnel I've ever spoken to, can I borrow yours?

Aye, that's nasty like. I've always been pleasantly surprised at how competent and, well, human the people I've spoken to at Sky have been, but that's not on.

107559[/snapback]

Most obnoxious customer service personnel I've ever spoken to, can I borrow yours?

107560[/snapback]

I seem to get through to the same canny Scottish lass most of the time. Maybe my phone's just magic.

You'd think they'd start acting decent now that Freeview's fucking up their entire business model, mind.

Edited by Meenzer

I seem to get through to the same canny Scottish lass most of the time. Maybe my phone's just magic.

You'd think they'd start acting decent now that Freeview's fucking up their entire business model, mind.

107561[/snapback]

If your phone's disappeared in the morning, you know what happened. :o

That's shocking like. I get that many call centres phoning now I normally let it ring till it clicks on the answer phone then dial 1471.

That's shocking like. I get that many call centres phoning now I normally let it ring till it clicks on the answer phone then dial 1471.

107659[/snapback]

Either that or just hang up straight away. Or leave the phone off the hook and go back to what you were doing, even better.

I reckon in this case the bloke on the phone was just being incredibly dense, not properly listening to his replies. Stupidity rather than being malicious, but pretty bad nonetheless.

The thing that winds me up is the idiots that don't twig that they're talking to an answer phone. You come home to 5 messages, all of which are some dick going. "Hello................Hello?.............Hellooooooooo? Hello?"

It's the way they blatantly lie that gets me. I had one last night from a bloke saying that as I'd just changed my mortgage he needed to confirm my details. So I said, that's strange, my girlfriend spoke to our financial adviser yesterday and he confirmed he had all the details he needed (coincidentally, this was true). So I then said, why exactly do you need to confirm these details? He went 'Errr...', so I put the phone down. Does me head in tbh.

My Dad had almost exactly the same shit as J69s Dad did when my Mam passed on...

He was trying to cancel her M&S charge card and they kept on at him asking if he wanted to reconsider.

Shocking really.

Answer the phone with a funny accent, keep saying "no comprende", utter random phrases until they hang up. Repeat until bored.