The KING’s reign-defining noble mags v Brighton’s tiki taka twats - they don’t like it up em!

Dr Gloom

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Also contradicts what their manager said saying he didn't travel back with them.

Fanny

But what we would give for some cunt that can finish the one chance they get a game. He's still a cunt.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://x.com/DannyWelbeck/status/1848059085662437532

Diagnosed as being a massive soft shite

As a connoisseur of shithousery, this takes it too far.. it’s one thing to waste time on the pitch, but a cunt’s trick to waste NHS time. Hope he never walks again now tbh.

• Haha 2

The results from the past two games have been disappointing but we really should have won both games. We accumulated 35 shots and xG of 4 goals ffs. Not the manager’s fault that we couldn’t finish our dinner. I blame the thread starter  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The results from the past two games have been disappointing but we really should have won both games. We accumulated 35 shots and xG of 4 goals ffs. Not the manager’s fault that we couldn’t finish our dinner. I blame the thread starter  

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think we've all seen games where you come away at the end of the match thinking how the fuck have we not scored there? goalkeeper has had a worldie, crossbar and posts reduced to splinters they've been hit that many times.

not the case in either of the last 2 games, no big surprise when pickford saved the penalty and no big surprise either when both gordon and isak fucked their big opportunities. 

not really a big follower of xg, but I'm gonna assume 4 is good? of the 35 shots, the vast, vast majority were either off target or as weak as piss, what my eyes saw were a team that got exactly what they did, 0 goals.

• Like 1

When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.

And you didn’t win…

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ewerk said:

When you play the game of thrones you win or you die.

And you didn’t win…

The Gloom reign began promisingly with our best performance of the season. It ended with cries of “not my king”. I understand how Charles must feel after his trip to the Australian parliament but take comfort from knowing I will always be OTF’s king. 

Andrew has got a free hit against Chelsea as no one expects us to get a result. Brave but it could be the dawn of a new and glorious age.

Gemmill typically talks a good game but has the minerals of a Chinese mouse - he was never going to step up in our hour or need.  

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think we've all seen games where you come away at the end of the match thinking how the fuck have we not scored there? goalkeeper has had a worldie, crossbar and posts reduced to splinters they've been hit that many times.

not the case in either of the last 2 games, no big surprise when pickford saved the penalty and no big surprise either when both gordon and isak fucked their big opportunities. 

not really a big follower of xg, but I'm gonna assume 4 is good? of the 35 shots, the vast, vast majority were either off target or as weak as piss, what my eyes saw were a team that got exactly what they did, 0 goals.

I’m not a massive fan of xG either but in this case it supports what I saw with my eyes. We created enough high value opportunities across both games to have won them nine times out of ten. The problem was our finishing, not the overall performances, which were better statistically than the games at the start of the season which we won.

I’m less worried about how we’re approaching things than some of the bed wetters online. The main problem is Isak and Gordon are missing chances they took last season - and Jacob Murphy is seemingly our first choice RW when he really should be a squad rotation option.

We’d all be asking questions if Krafth was our first choice CB. He’s a similar level to Murphy - an honest pro but you want to use him for cup games and injury crises. Murphy shouldn’t be starting this many games. That’s not on Howe 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'll remind you who stepped forward when we needed to beat Brighton to secure CL qualification. And we howked them. Not like that shite you served up on Saturday. 

and yet you couldn’t ask Meenzer to start the Chelsea game thread quickly enough. Funny that 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

I’m not a massive fan of xG either but in this case it supports what I saw with my eyes. We created enough high value opportunities across both games to have won them nine times out of ten. The problem was our finishing, not the overall performances, which were better statistically than the games at the start of the season which we won.

I’m less worried about how we’re approaching things than some of the bed wetters online. The main problem is Isak and Gordon are missing chances they took last season - and Jacob Murphy is seemingly our first choice RW when he really should be a squad rotation option.

We’d all be asking questions if Krafth was our first choice CB. He’s a similar level to Murphy - an honest pro but you want to use him for cup games and injury crises. Murphy shouldn’t be starting this many games. That’s not on Howe 

be interesting to see how this season pans out.

I think it's a reasonable comparison ro make with robson in the early 00s, the 01/02 season robson finished 4th with 71 points, exactly the same as howe in 22/23.

while it might seem on harsh to suggest robson's 3rd place finish with 69 points the following season was regression, I do think there was signs of a decline.

howe last season retains a lot of leeway because of the injuries, but not completely mind in my opinion, because there was games where we were fucking woeful.

by 03/04 under robson and despite what seemed a credible 5th place, we plummeted to 56 points, 15 below 2 seasons prior.

I wouldn't like to be forced in to making any kind of substantial bet that this team on what I've witnessed this session will finish with 56 points, would you?

arguably our 3 best players in isak, gordon and bruno all look well below the form we know they're capable of, why? are they pissed off we've failed to strengthen the first team in 2 windows, near enough a calender year.

big 3 months coming up, and it's likely to start badly with games away to chelsea and home to arsenal, come the end of january if mitchell/the club haven't taken any significant steps to strengthening and reserving the decline in momentum, we'll be nowhere near 56 points next may.

hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's better than that knacker we sold to Saudi. 

I'm just throwing this in there because....it's coming.

image.png.57ff6aa7a5dbc82d8818c09727814728.png

• Haha 5