The KING’s reign-defining noble mags v Brighton’s tiki taka twats - they don’t like it up em!

Dr Gloom

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I thought Murphy was shite yesterday? Make your minds up ffs :lol: 

Don't recall saying that. I tend not to call any player "shite" because they're not in reality (see Wayne Fereday). First half virtually all our attacks came down the right, I did think Murphy was poor, but first half that side of the pitch was our most effective, strange but true.

If Isak had just been signed for £60 mill he'd be getting pelters way he's playing, aye he's coming off a knock but he's looked completely off the pace all season.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Barnes' biggest strength is cutting in on his right foot and getting a shot off. Play him on the right and you remove that from his game. Murphy and Almiron offer more defensively which is why Howe favours them on the right.

The biggest question is how the fuck, 6 transfer windows after the takeover, do we still have Almiron and Murphy as our only RW options? 

Our problem at the minute is goals - we could have been out of sight yesterday well before they scored with more cutting edge. Barnes came on yesterday and is immediately a mayhem maker in the final third. He's a state registered agent of chaos. 

Even when he's not cutting in, he's a threat and he puts defenders to decisions. I'd much sooner have that than a lad who can track back better but offers very little going forward. 

• Like 1

As soon as Schar was out for suspension we were not as stable at the back.  But yeh, let's concentrate on the RW.  We have Botman coming back which is great as we need him.  But who is he going to drop?  Unfortunately, I think it will be Hall.  But we need another CB and a RW.  But I would still put CB higher priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Barnes' biggest strength is cutting in on his right foot and getting a shot off. Play him on the right and you remove that from his game. Murphy and Almiron offer more defensively which is why Howe favours them on the right.

The biggest question is how the fuck, 6 transfer windows after the takeover, do we still have Almiron and Murphy as our only RW options? 

It is mad. The one glaring weak spot in the squad consistently ignored because Miggy had a purple patch season a couple of years back. Two Ashley era players competing for the starting spot. Neither Gordon nor Barnes want to play there and both do their best work out on the left. Has to be addressed in the transfer window along with a replacement for sick note Wilson who Howe actually trusts to play - ie not another Osula 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Because people like YOU thought a new CB was more important.

I posed the question iirc :lol: I still think buying 2 x £40m left wingers and no right wingers has been one of our biggest missteps in the transfer window 

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

PSR

Easy excuse.

- We had £50m+ available for Guehi this Summer

- We've spent £15m on a striker who never gets a game

- £40m on Barnes to warm the bench

- £55m on Tonali when we were reasonably well stocked in CM

- Massive wages on a 4th choice CB from Bournemouth

- We could have pushed the boat out to include Elanga in the Anderson deal instead of spunking £20m on a 3rd choice keeper.

There have been plenty of opportunities to upgrade the RW spot. It was far from a priority 3 years ago, I agree. But it's now literally the only position in the starting XI we haven't strengthened and it's glaringly obvious.

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

- We could have pushed the boat out to include Elanga in the Anderson deal instead of spunking £20m on a 3rd choice keeper.

We could have, but we'd have increased our PSR breach on PSR deadline day, instead of removing it, and we'd now be looking at a points deduction.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Easy excuse.

- We had £50m+ available for Guehi this Summer

- We've spent £15m on a striker who never gets a game

- £40m on Barnes to warm the bench

- £55m on Tonali when we were reasonably well stocked in CM

- Massive wages on a 4th choice CB from Bournemouth

There have been plenty of opportunities to upgrade the RW spot. It was far from a priority 3 years ago, I agree. But it's now literally the only position in the starting XI we haven't strengthened and it's glaringly obvious.

A well stocked midfield of;

Bruno
Joe
Willock - Sick Note
Longstaff - AKA Ciggy

Anderson

That well stocked midfield? 

• Like 1

:lol: I love the old Football Manager squad when they strike up, the indignant protests of the terminally entitled….anyway…. 

1. Theres very likely moderate to large issues behind the scenes due to the frankly clumsy arrival of a new DoF

2. The squad is undoubtedly a bit stale with some players still involved who Rafa bought and who played in the championship 

3. A lot of these and fringe players have the power of decent and relatively long term contracts meaning they’re hanging around like a bad smell

4. PSR has our financial hands tied tightly round our backs 

5. Our best players aren’t for whatever reason playing at their best, mostly due to fitness issues as far as I can make out. Our best players are also, even when fully fit, prone to inconsistency. 

6. In spite of all this, If we’d taken the chances we’d created in the games v Everton and Brighton we’d have won both and have been on 17 points level with Villa in fourth.  Am sure that doesn’t console many on here because we didn’t win either, and the reasons we didn’t win are largely due to points 1-5. 

Am not sure whether this squad and manager are likely to get themselves out of this trough. We’re still owned by people with no track record in football ownership and after their frankly miraculous start they’re maybe wondering what their next move is now we’ve hit a bit of an impasse. I look at Villa, they’re owned by V sports group, who own a share in a number of clubs. They’ve fucked up a bit (appointing Gerrard and Smith eg) but they’re going great now. Bournemouth look a really well run club too, they’re owned by people with experience in running sports clubs too. Am not sure as it stands we can say NUFC are particularly well run and that’s from top to bottom. Do PiF know what is required? The sad loss of Darren Eales won’t help that either. 

In view of all that I think we’re right to be a bit concerned. There’s lots of issues and they’re unlikely to be all ironed out in January or possibly even next summer. The structure looks right on paper but it’s stopped working to the benefit of the team on the pitch. 

But, as I’ve said, we still did enough to win the last two games. So cheer up ya miserable fuckers 😜

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: I love the old Football Manager squad when they strike up, the indignant protests of the terminally entitled….anyway…. 

1. Theres very likely moderate to large issues behind the scenes due to the frankly clumsy arrival of a new DoF

2. The squad is undoubtedly a bit stale with some players still involved who Rafa bought and who played in the championship 

3. A lot of these and fringe players have the power of decent and relatively long term contracts meaning they’re hanging around like a bad smell

4. PSR has our financial hands tied tightly round our backs 

5. Our best players aren’t for whatever reason playing at their best, mostly due to fitness issues as far as I can make out. Our best players are also, even when fully fit, prone to inconsistency. 

6. In spite of all this, If we’d taken the chances we’d created in the games v Everton and Brighton we’d have won both and have been on 17 points level with Villa in fourth.  Am sure that doesn’t console many on here because we didn’t win either, and the reasons we didn’t win are largely due to points 1-5. 

Am not sure whether this squad and manager are likely to get themselves out of this trough. We’re still owned by people with no track record in football ownership and after their frankly miraculous start they’re maybe wondering what their next move is now we’ve hit a bit of an impasse. I look at Villa, they’re owned by V sports group, who own a share in a number of clubs. They’ve fucked up a bit (appointing Gerrard and Smith eg) but they’re going great now. Bournemouth look a really well run club too, they’re owned by people with experience in running sports clubs too. Am not sure as it stands we can say NUFC are particularly well run and that’s from top to bottom. Do PiF know what is required? The sad loss of Darren Eales won’t help that either. 

In view of all that I think we’re right to be a bit concerned. There’s lots of issues and they’re unlikely to be all ironed out in January or possibly even next summer. The structure looks right on paper but it’s stopped working to the benefit of the team on the pitch. 

But, as I’ve said, we still did enough to win the last two games. So cheer up ya miserable fuckers 😜

I nearly hit a deer doing 80mph on the m50 at about 00.30 last night.

all this misery was close to coming to a very abrupt end.  :lol:

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A well stocked midfield of;

Bruno
Joe
Willock - Sick Note
Longstaff - AKA Ciggy

Anderson

That well stocked midfield? 

Miley too. Aye. 6 CMs for 2 or 3 spaces is more well stocked than our RW position 👍

Jut expanding on Tonali, he is a superb talent who is only going to get better.  We had  superb opportunity to buy a talent at a decent price and yet people think that's a mistake.  They would rather have Ciggy there even after watching him come on yesterday and influence fuck all after watching Tonali.  Yeh, I don't think Tonali was good v Everton, but if you would rather have him over Ciggy, wow.

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Jut expanding on Tonali, he is a superb talent who is only going to get better.  We had  superb opportunity to buy a talent at a decent price and yet people think that's a mistake.  They would rather have Ciggy there even after watching him come on yesterday and influence fuck all after watching Tonali.  Yeh, I don't think Tonali was good v Everton, but if you would rather have him over Ciggy, wow.

The point was more in relation to the assertion that it's PSRs fault we haven't signed a RW for the first team since Murphy in 2017 and Almiron in 2019. I like Tonali, I like Barnes. I named them to show that money has been spent in areas that were arguably less urgent to cover.

And there's not a fucking poster on this board who hasn't moaned that Almiron hasn't been replaced at some point :lol: 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And there's not a fucking poster on this board who hasn't moaned that Almiron hasn't been replaced at some point :lol: 

Cookie Monster Hello GIF by Sesame Street

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The point was more in relation to the assertion that it's PSRs fault we haven't signed a RW for the first team since Murphy in 2017 and Almiron in 2019. I like Tonali, I like Barnes. I named them to show that money has been spent in areas that were arguably less urgent to cover.

Halloween Hello GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

• Haha 5