The KING’s reign-defining noble mags v Brighton’s tiki taka twats - they don’t like it up em!

Dr Gloom

Howe might well get fucked over if we slump towards lower half of the table. The Saudis  will expect progress every year but we are going backwards. 

He is a quality manager both tactically and motivational wise. I’ll be gutted when he leaves.

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Our last three games have been our best, if we don't learn how to finish sharpish I'll agree with you.

we played canny against man city, we showed more passion in the first 20 minutes in that game then we had in all games prior.

we dominated possession against a fucking woeful everton, really woeful. we failed to capitalise on it because we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. we got nil goals at everton because that's what we deserved and we also failed to give an opportunity to a young kid we paid £15m for who couldn't feasibly do any worse than what was on the pitch.

brighton scored today, a minute after isak did a shola impression, and by god mind he's looked more like shola than henry in every game he's featured in this season.

at that point there was a general recognition in the crowd we'd fail to even get an equaliser.

which sadly, was precisely what happened.

• Like 2

I will say this though. Howe is gonna have to knock this business of Murphy starting ahead of Barnes on the head. Barnes on the wrong side of the pitch is a better bet than Murphy going forward, and it's not even close. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye. Fuck me. 5 points off second place and playing more than well enough to win today, lads. 

Could you post a we won't qualify for Europe thread or post even, just for good ju ju purposes please.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I will say this though. Howe is gonna have to knock this business of Murphy starting ahead of Barnes on the head. Barnes on the wrong side of the pitch is a better bet than Murphy going forward, and it's not even close. 

I don’t think Howe fancies Barnes that much .

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don’t think Howe fancies Barnes that much .

I not totally convinced either tbh, take away/block off his cut inside and he's not showing much tbh. Probably needs a run of games though.

Was a strange signing really, money better spent elsewhere I reckon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye. Fuck me. 5 points off second place and playing more than well enough to win today, lads. 

Don't see anyone over reacting apart from the antipodean SM fetishist, as per. We played well. We can't score. Howe's hands tied behind his back. Slightly concerning, but let's see come May imo. 

25 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

we played canny against man city, we showed more passion in the first 20 minutes in that game then we had in all games prior.

we dominated possession against a fucking woeful everton, really woeful. we failed to capitalise on it because we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. we got nil goals at everton because that's what we deserved and we also failed to give an opportunity to a young kid we paid £15m for who couldn't feasibly do any worse than what was on the pitch.

brighton scored today, a minute after isak did a shola impression, and by god mind he's looked more like shola than henry in every game he's featured in this season.

at that point there was a general recognition in the crowd we'd fail to even get an equaliser.

which sadly, was precisely what happened.

Aye. This. Isak really hasn't looked right this season. 

We are probably on par where we should be with points. Deserved to win both of last but finishing let us down. Before the Man City game we were abysmal. 

it just feels really stale. That feel good factor has gone, and that’s mainly because we haven’t pushed on with the transfer activity. Kelly looks like a waste of time. BDB has arguably been our player of the season and Botman will be back in a couple of months. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

29 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I not totally convinced either tbh, take away/block off his cut inside and he's not showing much tbh. Probably needs a run of games though.

Was a strange signing really, money better spent elsewhere I reckon.

isn’t pretty much what Gordon does (and any inverted winger)? The difference between the two is that Gordon offers more physicality and directness. Barnes will offer more goals. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

26 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We are probably on par where we should be with points. Deserved to win both of last but finishing let us down. Before the Man City game we were abysmal. 

it just feels really stale. That feel good factor has gone, and that’s mainly because we haven’t pushed on with the transfer activity. Kelly looks like a waste of time. BDB has arguably been our player of the season and Botman will be back in a couple of months. 

I would agree with that and that's where a poor, restricted transfer window has placed us.  We needed a player or two for the STARTING eleven, not just the squad.  Who challenges Wilson and Isak at the moment?  Nobody.  Who is challenging the CB's?  Nobody.  Same with RW.  

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Howe might well get fucked over if we slump towards lower half of the table. The Saudis  will expect progress every year but we are going backwards. 

He is a quality manager both tactically and motivational wise. I’ll be gutted when he leaves.

not really Howe’s fault he wasn’t backed in two consecutive windows. The football these past few games has been much better but we are woefully short at CF and RW. If you don’t improve the squad you go backwards. 

how the fuck we didn’t dispatch Everton and Brighton is beyond me as we were the better side in both games. 

• Like 2

Talk all you like about tactics etc but it's really hard to look past the impact of the terrible window. You can't think of another side that actually weakened their squad in the summer. 

We aren't playing well no doubt and Eddie has to find a way to get the players to click again but it was always going to be an uphill task after that window. You can say we still have a decent squad but this league has consistently shown that standing still in the window equals decline. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Liverpool didn't strengthen. The difference is they have a better squad already. 

We have the likes of Miggy, Longstaff etc. 

I’ve got loads of sympathy for Howe. There aren’t many coaches who would have got as much out of these players. Our squad has been improved but it’s still littered with Mike Ashley era players. Mad that people on social media are calling for him to go given he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market since last summer 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve got loads of sympathy for Howe. There aren’t many coaches who would have got as much out of these players. Our squad has been improved but it’s still littered with Mike Ashley era players. Mad that people on social media are calling for him to go given he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market since last summer 

No one is blaming Howe. 

We're all blaming you. 

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Spaniel tits straight on asking us Howe under pressure. Fucking clueless the daft cunt. 

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Barnes' biggest strength is cutting in on his right foot and getting a shot off. Play him on the right and you remove that from his game. Murphy and Almiron offer more defensively which is why Howe favours them on the right.

The biggest question is how the fuck, 6 transfer windows after the takeover, do we still have Almiron and Murphy as our only RW options? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Barnes' biggest strength is cutting in on his right foot and getting a shot off. Play him on the right and you remove that from his game. Murphy and Almiron offer more defensively which is why Howe favours them on the right.

The biggest question is how the fuck, 6 transfer windows after the takeover, do we still have Almiron and Murphy as our only RW options? 

PSR

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Because people like YOU thought a new CB was more important.

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because people like YOU thought a new CB was more important.

It was, and is.

Did no-one watch the game, everything we did good was from the right first half yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1