The KING’s reign-defining noble mags v Brighton’s tiki taka twats - they don’t like it up em!

Dr Gloom

Willock was shit today like but I’m forever of the opinion that he’s only useful in games where he has that space to go into. He’s not a player who can come on and break teams down. Backs to the wall away at Liverpool and it’s a different story.

Today was just endlessly frustrating. We just can’t score, despite having players with stacks of goals in them

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Willock was shit today like but I’m forever of the opinion that he’s only useful in games where he has that space to go into. He’s not a player who can come on and break teams down. Backs to the wall away at Liverpool and it’s a different story.

Today was just endlessly frustrating. We just can’t score, despite having players with stacks of goals in them

The evidence would be those players with stacks of goals in them don't, any more.

Isak is totally not "on it" and Gordon's turned into LTA's wet dream.

Edited by Toonpack

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We needed that winger and striker in the summer. Got a horrible feeling we’ll lose big ground because they didn’t come in. Especially in games like this 

Just the striker really would have made a massive difference. Wilson is finished and Isak is streaky and injury prone. I also think our formation needs to be re-thought. It worked well when we had prime Trippier, purple Almiron and LB/CB BDB.

Isak, Gordon, Murphy, Almiron are all lightweight. We need someone more powerful up front with them to make space for them. Barnes is much more consistent than Gordon, though it's a bit ridiculous that we bought him with our PSR constraints as clearly they're both best playing wide on the left.

• Like 3

I disagree that Isak is streaky, like but he is often isolated. I thought today was better in terms of getting him in the game with people up with him but the sharpness wasn’t there. In the season we finished 4th, when either of Isak or Wilson looked off it, the other one came in and picked up the slack. We don’t have that luxury now and, despite being quick and physically at it, Osula obviously isn’t there yet 

wake up call that. for anybody in denial  apart from a decent showing against man city and a canny comeback against wolves, that's a team finishing lower bottom half of the table.

fucking woeful, we've gone from a team which couldn't defend last season but at least could score, to one that can do neither.

we've failed as a club to gather any kind of momentum, it all looks as stale as fuck.

clock ticking for howe.

• Like 2

In a normal world we'd have strengthened but we're being throttled by a league who had no problems with an owner throttling us with deals that weren't fair or market value. Funny that. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

wake up call that. for anybody in denial  apart from a decent showing against man city and a canny comeback against wolves, that's a team finishing lower bottom half of the table.

fucking woeful, we've gone from a team which couldn't defend last season but at least could score, to one that can do neither.

we've failed as a club to gather any kind of momentum, it all looks as stale as fuck.

clock ticking for howe.

Bollocks Hopey, our two (supposedly) better players missed golden opportunities, we utterly dominated a good side first half and much of second. Final ball (making the right decision) and chance taking are our issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Bollocks Hopey, our two (supposedly) better players missed golden opportunities, we utterly dominated a good side first half and much of second. Final ball (making the right decision) and chance taking are our issues.

nah mate.

I admire your optimism, its fucking misplaced though, we've played a quarter of a season, apart from 110 minutes we've been shite.

Disappointing. First match I've been to we have lost for a long time. Didn't deserve to lose, but then we've got plenty other points we didn't deserve. Overall it feels like things have gone stale. This had to be the season for Howe to push on after last season but lack of signings have caught up with us. 

Ah well, only a game, try and not let it spoil my night. Brighthom cunts. 

I thought we looked good and in terms of finishing it was just one of those days. Replicate the effort across the rest of the season and we'll do well. The way Howe sets us up and wants us to play is excellent, we just haven't the high calibre of executioners.

Massively frustrating. I don't know how we lost that given they did nothing except for the goal. I know we tried to change formations later in the second half but it probably just disrupted us more. Hall was a class act and Burn after his card was colossal. None of the subs were effective, Barnes probably the best of them but Miggy looked like he'd never played in the team before.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Massively frustrating. I don't know how we lost that given they did nothing except for the goal. I know we tried to change formations later in the second half but it probably just disrupted us more. Hall was a class act and Burn after his card was colossal. None of the subs were effective, Barnes probably the best of them but Miggy looked like he'd never played in the team before.

Fuck about, find out. We didn't fuck about but we couldn't finish a fish supper as we're flogging Isak who isn't a natural lone striker.

It might be time to accept that Eddie's run is over. We should quietly start searching for his replacement in the background. This slump started last year and has been dragging on for far too long. The progress we expected just hasn’t materialized, and the longer we wait, the harder it will be to turn things around.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nah mate.

I admire your optimism, its fucking misplaced though, we've played a quarter of a season, apart from 110 minutes we've been shite.

Our last three games have been our best, if we don't learn how to finish sharpish I'll agree with you.

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

It might be time to accept that Eddie's run is over. We should quietly start searching for his replacement in the background. This slump started last year and has been dragging on for far too long. The progress we expected just hasn’t materialized, and the longer we wait, the harder it will be to turn things around.

Howe isn't being backed, (not by the owners, by the psr/ffp fix). I'd love to see him with a bit of genuine competition where it counts. If he falls short in those circumstances than it's thanks for everything and we'll move on. But at the minute, he's probably as frustrated as us.

• Like 6