The return of the high-pressing high intensity Macks v Waterlogged Wimbledon

Dr Gloom

44 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Does the club still sell videos of specific games? 

What better way to spoil Christmas for that uncle you hate than to give him the DVD of Newcastle United vs AFC Wimbledon. Extended to four hours with an hour of extra commentary from the managers on their tactical master class and 90 minutes of mad dog rifling your nanna.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

About as easy a cup tie as you could hope for. Definitely easier than it should ever be at this stage of the competition. Now we just need Cole Palmer to get injured at the weekend. 

Mebbes three weekends time would be better. 

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

95b9rq.jpg.47aaf84dc2ff226405532c3dd2417aea.jpg

When listening to Sinead O’Conner doesn’t fully the capture the senses and you want your eyes to suffer as much as your ears? 

• Haha 3

+ Thoroughly professional performance.

+ Doesn't look like we picked up any worrying injuries.

+ Fringe players got minutes.

- Not sure about Osula, he didn't really impress me.

- We were bereft of creativity without Bruno

- Didn't get a chance to see any of the young players like Sanusi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

No working fine, but I’m on Sky plus 31. I’m also using the Gold back up service rather than the standard light. Worth the extra £10 a year.

Found it (almost) unwatchably jerky tbh, better than nothing though,  didn't exactly miss much

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

+ Thoroughly professional performance.

+ Doesn't look like we picked up any worrying injuries.

+ Fringe players got minutes.

- Not sure about Osula, he didn't really impress me.

- We were bereft of creativity without Bruno

- Didn't get a chance to see any of the young players like Sanusi

Osula did alright with what little service he had IMO, he looked more lively in the second half once Bruno came on. Barnes never once looked for him that I recall and Miggy only looked for Tino. Plus Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton were never going to be creating a shit tonne.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Osula did alright with what little service he had IMO, he looked more lively in the second half once Bruno came on. Barnes never once looked for him that I recall and Miggy only looked for Tino. Plus Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton were never going to be creating a shit tonne.

Frustratingly, this is the kind of fixture that Elliot Anderson or Lewis Miley would have enjoyed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

We won, we're in the next round, all that matters. Pretty convince that won't be the side they put out against Chelsea.

obvi GIF

• Haha 2

it'll be the same line up against goodison as we had against man city - rest isak and keep him at home during the international break. 

and with the KING at the helm of the everton match thread, what could go wrong?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I thought Osula looked promising.  His movement was pretty good (something I also noticed at Fulham), we just didn't have anyone who seemed willing or able to pick him out.  The one (less than) half chance he had, he made a good fist of and he looks pacy and quite strong for his age.

• Like 3

I paid £15 for Now TV for the game only to discover it was only available through the red button and thus not through either Now TV or the Sky app. Ended up watching on a stream

• Haha 6

I would pay for Now TV if it wasn't for their completely fucking ludicrous Boost add on that you have to pay for to a) get stuff on HD and b) watch on more than one device simultaneously. Like just fuck off. I shouldn't have to pay extra for you to make it HD in 2024.

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I would pay for Now TV if it wasn't for their completely fucking ludicrous Boost add on that you have to pay for to a) get stuff on HD and b) watch on more than one device simultaneously. Like just fuck off. I shouldn't have to pay extra for you to make it HD in 2024.

I won't bother my arse again. If it's on Now TV, I'm sure I can find some stream worth my time. If not, I know I can get a dodgy firestick for about £70, so it'd make more sense just to do that.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I won't bother my arse again. If it's on Now TV, I'm sure I can find some stream worth my time. If not, I know I can get a dodgy firestick for about £70, so it'd make more sense just to do that.

i would happily pay a hundreds of pounds per year on a subscription fee to watch all of Newcastle's games on TV. In a world of on-demand content, the PL and the clubs are missing a trick, and losing loads of potential money to the massive market for dodgy firesticks. most fans don't want to watch "Super Sunday" and all the fawning of the red clubs in the north west that comes as part of the package but would happily pay a good chunk of their salary to have access to watch all their club's games. at the moment, the illegal route is the only available option. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've had now before and still get it as I get cheap offers and let my dad use it, (he couldn't do firestick sports), the boost thing is a headscratcher because I don't buy it and it's just the same. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i would happily pay a hundreds of pounds per year on a subscription fee to watch all of Newcastle's games on TV. In a world of on-demand content, the PL and the clubs are missing a trick, and losing loads of potential money to the massive market for dodgy firesticks. most fans don't want to watch "Super Sunday" and all the fawning of the red clubs in the north west that comes as part of the package but would happily pay a good chunk of their salary to have access to watch all their club's games. at the moment, the illegal route is the only available option. 

Once upon a time the argument against showing all matches (and the 3pm blackout) was the impact it would have on lower league teams. However, when you have overseas providers showing every game, and we live in a technologically advanced world where those providers can only sit by helplessly while pirates dish out the games en masse to a massive market at next to nowt - you'd think the greed of the premier league / sky would like to take back a piece of that market.

If I could have every Newcastle match (and only Newcastle matches) for say £20 - £30 a month I'd snap their hand off. They could make a fucking fortune but they seem to have no interest.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

how much 😱😱Humor Geld GIF by benniesolo