Howe's half-arsed civil war slackers v Pep's champions in waiting

Dr Gloom

i never worry but i never take anything for granted either. same was true 20 years ago, hell 50+ years ago.

not sure who you guys might have missing. hopefully gordon?

looks like we might have lost Rodri for a while.

KDB has a question mark.

Arsenal fans screaming for Haaland to get a ban for throwing the ball at gabriels head and almost killing him after stones goal.

not sure about Savinhos knee.

quality squad so i'm not crying about it just pointing out your cause for hope (aside from your own abilities)

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It would take an almighty turn around in our form for us to get something on Saturday, I wouldn’t worry :lol: 

i expect the pattern to be you defending solidly and breaking at pace. and that's actually the most effective formula against us if executed well.

conversely, if a team dominates possession against us we tend to defend much better.

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i expect the pattern to be you defending solidly and breaking at pace. and that's actually the most effective formula against us if executed well.

conversely, if a team dominates possession against us we tend to defend much better.

I imagine the former will be the plan but our lads are well off the boil. Barnes can score from anywhere atm but Isak and Gordon, who tortured you last year, haven’t got started yet this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I imagine the former will be the plan but our lads are well off the boil. Barnes can score from anywhere atm but Isak and Gordon, who tortured you last year, haven’t got started yet this year

knowing our luck they'll kick start against us.

8 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

You can expect that, and hopefully Pep does too and Howe can spring a surprise on you.

If we play like we have our defending will be crap and we'll barely ever break on you. We won't dominate possession either :lol:

46 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i never worry but i never take anything for granted either. same was true 20 years ago, hell 50+ years ago.

not sure who you guys might have missing. hopefully gordon?

looks like we might have lost Rodri for a while.

KDB has a question mark.

Arsenal fans screaming for Haaland to get a ban for throwing the ball at gabriels head and almost killing him after stones goal.

not sure about Savinhos knee.

quality squad so i'm not crying about it just pointing out your cause for hope (aside from your own abilities)

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 5

We drew against them at home and were unlucky to lose to them last season after bossing the midfield until KDB came on and changed the game. We did it with high-pressing intensity. I’d love to see us attack the game like that again. Better to go down fighting than sitting deep and hoping for the best on the break. Problem is we don’t seem to play that way anymore. 

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I remember we went toe-to-toe with them in the draw but I don't remember bossing the midfield last time. I thought they completely dominated us  but we were electric on the break.

pretty much my memory too. although my memory is useless.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They've still got quality in midfield but no Rodri or KdB is huge. I hope Howe plays Tonali here with Bruno and Joelinton as the "muscle" as we might have a chance in midfield if they're all at it. It's the one area we could be at least equal. 

with Rodri, bobb and KDB missing i expect us to line up with a mid 3 of Kova, Silva, Gundo and front 3 to be grealish, haaland, savio. but both doku and foden have a shout. and also i don't think i've ever guessed a pep team right.

14 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I remember we went toe-to-toe with them in the draw but I don't remember bossing the midfield last time. I thought they completely dominated us  but we were electric on the break.

Maybe bossing it was overstating (i may be conflating the two games). We were unlucky to not win the season before last and I don’t remember sitting back against them last season. I remember thinking we were good value until KDB came on and won it for them 

17 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

with Rodri, bobb and KDB missing i expect us to line up with a mid 3 of Kova, Silva, Gundo and front 3 to be grealish, haaland, savio. but both doku and foden have a shout. and also i don't think i've ever guessed a pep team right.

You're gonna need some of that famous Man City luck with those pathetic second string choices. :lol:

• Haha 5

how do you guys feel about our case v the PL on the APT rules?

i think we may have had some success but no one seems to be saying. i'm assuming every PL club knows the result already.

if we lost, i feel for sure that the outcome would have been leaked. with choruses of football is the winner.

if we have won,  i reckon they will try and play it down.

if we have won then i assume that the case for compensation would become active (rumour has it, city had a 50m deal blocked by the PL)

my understanding of the issue is that City don't agree that the PL are the right body to decide what is an APT and what is FMV. But i'm probably wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i think we may have had some success but no one seems to be saying. i'm assuming every PL club knows the result already.

if we lost, i feel for sure that the outcome would have been leaked. with choruses of football is the winner.

if we have won then i assume that the case for compensation would become active (rumour has it, city had a 50m deal blocked by the PL)

my understanding of the issue is that City don't agree that the PL are the right body to decide what is an APT and what is FMV. But i'm probably wrong.

I feel that if you win, the door is opened for Newcastle to go fucking mental and I'm all for that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

get your sausages out

I do love a bit of tradition 

So, 5-0. 
Double hat trick from the Brothers Ameobi

IMG_1334.gif.048c809416b718939c48a6d1e49a288b.gif

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Can’t see anything other than a drubbing on current form.

Id say success is 2 shots on goal and +25% possession. 

Nee potential banana skin? 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I feel that if you win, the door is opened for Newcastle to go fucking mental and I'm all for that.

If we lose both cases i'm all for selling you our best players for £1

Adding a condition that you sell them back to us on our return, would be nice but really it would be to screw over the red cartel.

3 for a pound  3 for a pound, come and get your cheap players.

Just now, LondonBlue said:

If we lose both cases i'm all for selling you our best players for £1

Adding a condition that you sell them back to us on our return, would be nice but really it would be to screw over the red cartel.

3 for a pound  3 for a pound, come and get your cheap players.

I've already shared the one pound fish man video today so I'll spare you a repeat. But this is that.

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

Given that it's the 3 clubs who PSR helps the most who've finished runners-up in each of your title wins I'm all for it tbh..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Given that it's the 3 clubs who PSR helps the most who've finished runners-up in each of your title wins I'm all for it tbh..

yep anything to stop them.

saw a rumour today that the APT case ruling is currently being appealed by the PL. That would explain the silence but who knows.

• Like 3