darren eales....

thebrokendoll

quite an easy going bloke me, not prone to taking on irrational dislikes of people, however when now tv or whatever the fuck channel it was panned in on him and mitchell sat together at craven cottage the cunt heightened an already grim day.

can't see what the fuck the bloke offers to our cause, a smarmy insincere cunt whose pr stunts fool nobody other than the profoundly stupid, 

a player whose career never progressed beyond newmarket town reserves.

was tottenham's lee charnley for a few years.

then fucked off to the footballing backwater of america.

bloke's a cunt. he singlehandedly makes me never want to set foot in the stack, ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

quite an easy going bloke me, not prone to taking on irrational dislikes of people, however when now tv or whatever the fuck channel it was panned in on him and mitchell sat together at craven cottage the cunt heightened an already grim day.

can't see what the fuck the bloke offers to our cause, a smarmy insincere cunt whose pr stunts fool nobody other than the profoundly stupid, 

bloke's a cunt. he singlehandedly makes me never want to set foot in the stack, ever.

You can argue he's got something to prove to NUFC since he came in, absolutely, but his patter is also David Brent levels as well being a pretty obvious arse licker. Maybe I'm being harsh on his crack being shit but it really is. Fine if you're delivering but if not.....?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

hes-back-stare.gif.48908ec89f46c3ba83162c5d9088176d.gif

• Haha 2

I was excited when he came in because he oversaw that futuristic beast of a stadium in Atlanta and I was optimistic he might do similar for us. But fuck all is happening on that front. Hard to say he’s done much else if note tbh

• Like 1

Not to defend the bloke, because I have absolutely no real opinion on him either way.

But of course he's smarmy seeming, he's a premier league football club CEO :lol:

As for whether he's doing anything or not, I believe our current kit deal sits us comfortably at the top of the non-sky6 clubs right? 14 years of rot on commercial deals isn't going to vanish particularly quickly, even if Stavely and Ghodoussi had done some leg work before he arrived. There seems to be a clear plan from the club, even pre-eales, that we don't seem to want to rock the boat too much on sponsorships to start with, which I think is smart long term thinking until some other clubs (definitely man city) run the premier league ragged and get these stupid rules booted.

Stadium aside, and fuck knows how many things could be slowing that down? what else would we really see?

• Like 6

We’re getting nowhere by rocking the boat. I say turn the boat over. Fuck PSR. Do a Man City and go crazy then claim innocence and enjoy the time in between.

Can you imagine winning the league and being relegated two years later? The fun we’d have in the Championship!

• Haha 12

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’re getting nowhere by rocking the boat. I say turn the boat over. Fuck PSR. Do a Man City and go crazy then claim innocence and enjoy the time in between.

Can you imagine winning the league and being relegated two years later? The fun we’d have in the Championship!

You know.. I think I'd take that. It has the added benefit of making a mockery of the whole system.

• Like 2

i'm getting a bit bored of the mr nice guy act too. it's not very saudi, is it? they don't need to take the piss to the extent chelsea have but surely they could have done more on the comercial deal side, which would help our psr predicament. stadium/training ground naming rights, for example 

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

Not to defend the bloke, because I have absolutely no real opinion on him either way.

But of course he's smarmy seeming, he's a premier league football club CEO :lol:

As for whether he's doing anything or not, I believe our current kit deal sits us comfortably at the top of the non-sky6 clubs right? 14 years of rot on commercial deals isn't going to vanish particularly quickly, even if Stavely and Ghodoussi had done some leg work before he arrived. There seems to be a clear plan from the club, even pre-eales, that we don't seem to want to rock the boat too much on sponsorships to start with, which I think is smart long term thinking until some other clubs (definitely man city) run the premier league ragged and get these stupid rules booted.

Stadium aside, and fuck knows how many things could be slowing that down? what else would we really see?

I'm not sure how much credit you'd give eales for the adidas deal. as a company they've been historically linked with nufc, also the club employed peter silverstone in october 2022 as chief commercial officer, from the official site is the following blurb on p.s. ...

During his tenure at Arsenal, Peter led several successful commercial initiatives, including the onboarding and development of Arsenal's Adidas partnership

sela joined after silverstone's appointment so you could probably argue both this and adidas are his babies, it's what he was employed to do.

noon on the sleeve predates both eales and siverstone so we'll have to give the credit for that one probably to staveley and her chap.

eales appeared on the scene in July 2022, a month before the new season, so as I'm a vindictive old fucker who took an instant dislike to the insincere cunt I'm gonna give him full credit for bumping up the price of a ticket for a game against 'low category' teams from £35 to £47

we started a feasibility study in to a new stadium or ground redevelopment around about the time dinosaurs still roamed the earth, the results of which have been imminent since the neolithic period, but still nowt.

the recruitment of players in Jan 22 and summer 22, ie the ones which predominantly saved us comfortably from relegation and propelled us to CL qualification were pre eales. 

we've lost ashworth to man utd, failed to land freedman from crystal palace and employed a cunt instead whose not been here long enough for a shit and a shave but has already overseen a barren transfer window and fallen out with the manager...

veey publicly.

I'm not having it that eales is anything other than a cunt, a smarmy one at that! 

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Construction takes time at the normal rate.  With the training ground and stadium it will take even longer.  There will be NDA's all over the place that we're looking at land suitable.  Then there is processes to go through.  It's not a quick project.  People need to fucking breathe and slow down man.  Silly Tory cunts on podcasts who think we should have a new 70k seater stadium and state of the art facilities by now are fukcing clueless.

I did the training facilities at Accrington Stanley that was in the pipeline and on for Construction for 2 years before it was completed.  I did the redevelopment at Headingley that was a 6 year project and that was with the owner having his own fucking contractors!  My mate has been working on Everton's ground for close to 7 years now!  It takes time.  These are serious construction projects.

• Like 7

We'll know he's not doing a good job when the chairman replaces him. Until then, I would assume he's making progress on all of the key strategic objectives, even if we're not getting public pronouncements about them. 

As for his personality, he seems an amiable enough dweeb of a bloke. He's pretty inoffensive. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As for his personality, he seems an amiable enough dweeb of a bloke. He's pretty inoffensive. 

gemmill and ct stood at the front of the stage at the stack throwing their boxer shorts at eales as he belts out 'who's that team we call united'

nauseating.

• Haha 9

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Construction takes time at the normal rate.  With the training ground and stadium it will take even longer.  There will be NDA's all over the place that we're looking at land suitable.  Then there is processes to go through.  It's not a quick project.  People need to fucking breathe and slow down man.  Silly Tory cunts on podcasts who think we should have a new 70k seater stadium and state of the art facilities by now are fukcing clueless.

I did the training facilities at Accrington Stanley that was in the pipeline and on for Construction for 2 years before it was completed.  I did the redevelopment at Headingley that was a 6 year project and that was with the owner having his own fucking contractors!  My mate has been working on Everton's ground for close to 7 years now!  It takes time.  These are serious construction projects.

I mean, it shouldn't take 2 years to realise there's a great big street of grade 1 listed buildings immediately opposite the east stand, they've been there for the best part of 200 years.

also, you can quite clearly see there's a metro station with train tracks underneath it exactly where you'd need to put the foundations for an extension to the gallowgate.

me and my very good friend alex want answers, and we want them NOW.

• Haha 2

i don't think anyone expected a new stadium to be ready by now, let alone close to construction, but there's been no movement on it other than the delayed feasibility study. given the impact it could have on our revenue you'd think it would be a priority. committing to a atlanta-style super stadium would also reassure fans that the saudis are still invested in the project. you'd think this is one of eales's main tasks, and hopefully we get a sense of what they're planning this season given we're almost four years into the takeover 

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think anyone expected a new stadium to be ready by now, let alone close to construction, but there's been no movement on it other than the delayed feasibility study. given the impact it could have on our revenue you'd think it would be a priority. committing to a atlanta-style super stadium would also reassure fans that the saudis are still invested in the project. you'd think this is one of eales's main tasks, and hopefully we get a sense of what they're planning this season given we're almost four years into the takeover 

They will 100% be working on sorting the stadium as a matter of priority. We shouldn't assume that because we aren't getting regular updates that "there has been no movement". 

We (tbd) are all (is) in a bit of a tizzy about how things are going atm and looking for scapegoats. The simple fact is that the primary reason that we've stalled on the bit we all care about (the first team and transfers) is PSR, so we're looking for other things to point fingers on where there probably isn't anything. 

I'm not remotely worried that they aren't working on the training ground and the stadium. They've also made massive inroads on commercial income. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

They will 100% be working on sorting the stadium as a matter of priority. We shouldn't assume that because we aren't getting regular op dates that "there has been no movement". 

We (tbd) are all (is) in a bit of a tizzy about how things are going atm and looking for scapegoats. The simple fact is that the primary reason that we've stalled on the bit we all care about (the first team and transfers) is PSR, so we're looking for other things to point fingers on where there probably isn't anything. 

I'm not remotely worried that they aren't working on the training ground and the stadium. 

it's also been exacerbated by the fact we've lost the lovable amanda as the public face, (even if she was a bit of a loose cannon). she emboddied all the good-will and optimisim post-takeover. 

this feels like the first bump in the road: the first truly shit transfer window, psr bullshit hanging over us and her replacement is a suit with all the charm and charisma of david brent. we used to cut to pictures of a smiling amanda, merhdad and jamie reuben who looked like they were loving every minute of just being there during the games - now it's eales, mitchell and bunce with faces like slapped arses. 

• Haha 2

Darren Eales is the type of bloke that would walk in on his daughter and her friends getting ready for a night out and say "don't worry ladies, nothing I haven't seen before" with a fully on display semi.

However, as a CEO he seems fine, if unspectacular so far.

Definitely wouldn't have a pint with him though.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Darren Eales is the type of bloke that would walk in on his daughter and her friends getting ready for a night out and say "don't worry ladies, nothing I haven't seen before" with a fully on display semi.

However, as a CEO he seems fine, if unspectacular so far.

Definitely wouldn't have a pint with him though.

Within about 3 sips of his pint you know he'd be telling filthy, inappropriate stories about  his business trips abroad. Basically an old, balding version of Jay from the Inbetweeners.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Within about 3 sips of his pint you know he'd be telling filthy, inappropriate stories about  his business trips abroad. Basically an old, balding version of Jay from the Inbetweeners.

Darren Eales: Our goals is to get 70,000 attendance for every home match -  Dirty South Soccer

The fella on the right with the face of a man who's just been told what a Thai lady boy will do to your ringpiece for 5000 baht.

• Haha 6