Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMG_20240921_213920.jpg

Shaving that blonde hair would be a start. He’s always shite as a blonde.

Also, not sure he’s comfortable with the armband. Give it Burny til end of t’season.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Shaving that blonde hair would be a start. He’s always shite as a blonde.

Also, not sure he’s comfortable with the armband. Give it Burny til end of t’season.

nah. He is good for the captaincy.just a bad day at the office. Burn has been good this season but I hope Kelly might get a shot at CB. No chance of Eddie dropping him though.

The worry for me is that Howe seems to have no idea how to get this team working again. We’ve looked a shadow of our former selves for far too long.

We can pick out individual players to criticise each week, but in fairness we have been pretty poor all year regardless of who the scapegoat of the week was.

The intensity’s gone, the press has gone, we can’t string passes together and opposing players go through our midfield like a knife through butter.

Im not anti Howe, but the excuses are wearing thin and he needs a new plan / formation. He’s looking and sounding a bit lost at the moment and we could easily be sitting here with zero points given the way the games have gone.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

The worry for me is that Howe seems to have no idea how to get this team working again. We’ve looked a shadow of our former selves for far too long.

We can pick out individual players to criticise each week, but in fairness we have been pretty poor all year regardless of who the scapegoat of the week was.

The intensity’s gone, the press has gone, we can’t string passes together and opposing players go through our midfield like a knife through butter.

Im not anti Howe, but the excuses are wearing thin and he needs a new plan / formation. He’s looking and sounding a bit lost at the moment and we could easily be sitting here with zero points given the way the games have gone.

This is a bit dramatic but the sentiment is right, our deficiencies are not entirely down to individual poor performances (of which there has been many). There appears to be some sort of complacency or general lack of willingness to contually work hard for each other out on the pitch. It's more evident with certain players but it doesn't happen to so many at once without there being a more central reason. If the heart of the team is gone there's a degree of speculation but it's most likely to be related to the shift in management (CEO, Sporting Director etc) which includes the departure of Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi. There's no way to walk that back so it needs to be forward fixed behind the scenes. We can only hope that this happens because it currently stinks watching our football club play.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

im going to stick by my theory that the fitness bloke is interfering with the players intensity in training. I think it’s causing a divide between coaching staff and Mitchell/training bloke.