Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

Just now, aimaad22 said:

As bad as we were there's 3 goals there down to moments of madness from the players. Bruno losing his head, Schar missing with the goal at his mercy and the Pope howler. Could have easily won on another day. I do think today was more down to the players although there's no denying the team setup and tactics needs serious work. 

They could have easily had 2 or 3 more. We were comprehensively beaten and were second best for the majority of the game. I don't think there's any way we could have won on another day with a performance like that. They cut through us like butter, Kid Dynamite was prophetic when he said we'd make the likes of Jiminez and Traore look like world beaters.

7 minutes ago, OTF said:

They could have easily had 2 or 3 more. We were comprehensively beaten and were second best for the majority of the game. I don't think there's any way we could have won on another day with a performance like that. They cut through us like butter, Kid Dynamite was prophetic when he said we'd make the likes of Jiminez and Traore look like world beaters.

Not saying it wasn't a fair result, it was. But we might have still ground out something. Like we did in previous games, heads just weren't in it enough today for that though. 

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

what's really worrying is other than not starting tonali we probably had our best 11 out and yet still managed to produce the worst 45 minutes we've seen in a performance wise abject start to the season.

we look a shadow of the team that finished 4th and a million mile away from doing so again.

Best in some ways but not in cohesiveness or form. We don't know who our best three midfields are in this formation, nor our fullbacks, nor how to fit Barnes and Gordon in together. Isak is not contributing enough, but he's also not getting anywhere near enough service. Howe has persisted with the formation that we played so well with when we finished fourth, but that was unique in that we had Burn at LB/LCB, Trippier as RB/RM and a super strong and ever present defensive trinity of Pope, Botman and Schär. To make the most of the players we have now we need a different formation. A more traditional 4-4-2 possibly, or a 4-4-1-1. This should leave us less exposed out wide than with a front three. The cup game is a chance to try it out.

I'd leave Gordon out for a couple of games and play Barnes/Miggy or Barnes/Murphy. 

Give him 20 minutes in each game and see if he's got his head on straight yet. 

Allows Barnes to play in his preferred position and sends a message to carpet remnant head that he needs to sort his attitude out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd leave Gordon out for a couple of games and play Barnes/Miggy or Barnes/Murphy. 

Give him 20 minutes in each game and see if he's got his head on straight yet. 

Allows Barnes to play in his preferred position and sends a message to carpet remnant head that he needs to sort his attitude out. 

aye. 

drop him or get tindell to run after his car down barrack road hurling abuse at the bindipping cunt. that should bring him to his senses.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Not seen any of it. But did willock go off injured? 

People got their wish with Trips etc starting how was it? 

I don't believe he was injured, it was tactical at half time. Trippier was poor, not anywhere near what he is capable of.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

don't bother watching the first half.

watch the 2nd half for a minute.

then turn it off and watch strictly instead.

There were phases in the 2nd half where we looked better structured and we could have been back in it had Schar converted or given it to Isak to score. 

Isak was far too lonely in the first half, made slightly better with the change in formation. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Difficult to say what it was down to because everyone was turbo shite in general. You might surmize from the comments that Gordon and Bruno were particularly rubbish but there wasn't one player who can hold his head up high. I don't think it's harsh to say it was Kinnear, Bruce, Carver level team performance. 

2 hours ago, OTF said:

I don't believe he was injured, it was tactical at half time. Trippier was poor, not anywhere near what he is capable of.

Howe specifically referenced him starting Willock as a poor decision after the game. Not like him

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Howe specifically referenced him starting Willock as a poor decision after the game. Not like him

He should have went with Tonali and then let Little Joe come on. 

Not sure what Tonali needs to do to

get a start.

Tonali looked good after coming on. Comparatively speaking. He really does ooze quality, comfortable and confident on the ball. Can't say if him starting would have made a difference because there's a lot wrong with that team right now, but he's surely got to start against City. Which is why I can see him starting in the league cup and Longstaff against City.