Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If we keep playing like this, and start picking up points at the rate we've actually deserved to pick them up this season, Howe's gonna be in real trouble by Christmas. 

This one in particular is on Eddie IMO, starting Willock and Joe who both prefer left of the three was distinctly strange tbh. It's either/or for those two.

• Like 4

I'm not saying I think Howe should go or anything btw. I'm sure he's working as hard as he ever has done, and we know he's an excellent coach. But something isn't working at the minute and it's nothing to do with the transfer window or anything else. 

The press, the passing patterns, the defensive solidity, all of it has gone. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is his heart still in it? 

Not like it once was I dare say, and the same can be said for most of the players. How do you turn that around though? The family feel of the club may have ended with the departure of Staveley and Ghoudoussi.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

It’s all well and good him getting his subs right but he is routinely setting us up badly. Whoever said he doesn’t know his best team is probably onto something. Feels like we need to move away from 4-3-3 into something else but fucked if I know what

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

This one in particular is on Eddie IMO, starting Willock and Joe who both prefer left of the three was distinctly strange tbh. It's either/or for those two.

We've been greater than the sum of our parts but when the midfield is as strong as it's been for months in numbers we've went the opposite way. Eddie needs to be ruthless with some of them or the board may end up being ruthless with him. (If they keep up this form).

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm not saying I think Howe should go or anything btw. I'm sure he's working as hard as he ever has done, and we know he's an excellent coach. But something isn't working at the minute and it's nothing to do with the transfer window or anything else. 

The press, the passing patterns, the defensive solidity, all of it has gone. 

That's why I'm wondering if his heart is still in it after whatever has happened behind the scenes. Also, I don't want to lose him. Another manager is not the answer imo. 

• Like 1

I can definitely imagine that Bunce has had an effect here. He has obviously been brought in due to the number of injuries last year and this likely has taken an edge off the intensity in matches to reduce the number of injuries. You can see it in the pressing difference.

Eddie only plays one way and thats 100% intensity so something has got to give. I do have a gut feeling that Eddie will be on his way this year for a more continental style coach, as much as I love having him as our manager. Emery was our first choice after all.

Eddie has been magnificent though, but top level management is cut throat.

I have faith in the new owners, the infrastructure and the commercial stuff is getting there so I think its going to be a 10 year project instead of a 5 year one

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

The home form is shite too. Two good results but utterly unconvincing performances. 

I’ll always have confidence in us getting results even with dodgy performances at home tbh. All the home comforts aren’t there when we travel, obviously and it shows 

Maybe Botman was the key to it all. 

But nah. Intensity and urgency lacking, no patterns to play, no ideas. And individual errors across the park. 

Howe has responsibility of course but some of the players should be hanging their heads. I honestly can't believe what I've seen from Bruno and Gordon today. Others have been poor too this season , Joe especially, but you've just come to expect more from those two. 

Mind, if we'd won we'd have been top of the league, and none of us would have been talking about our many shortcomings. :lol:

Fine margins between top of the league and the manager losing his job. 

Just now, OTF said:

The family feel of the club may have ended with the departure of Stavely and Ghoudoussi.

It could be something like that. The players loved her.

Hopefully Howe finds a solution. Hire Amanda as a coach to bypass Eales/Mitchell. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It's odd that he hasn't started Tonali. He certainly makes some peculiar decisions with his team selections.

We're lacking leadership, making Bruno captain was a mistake IMO he's not captain material. Not the sharpest tooloin the shed and not great English (understandably). I think that decision was made based on his importance to the team, but this whole season he's not been himself. Trippier's personal life issues have destroyed him as well, and losing the captaincy can't have helped no matter hoe diplomatically Howe did it. It's not looking pretty TBH, every game we've been ugly and without an identity, not bringing in new high level talent in the window has also hurt us.

• Like 3

what's really worrying is other than not starting tonali we probably had our best 11 out and yet still managed to produce the worst 45 minutes we've seen in a performance wise abject start to the season.

we look a shadow of the team that finished 4th and a million mile away from doing so again.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Mind, if we'd won we'd have been top of the league, and none of us would have been talking about our many shortcomings. :lol:

I think the performances have still drawn concern, it's been clear this result was coming. We've just been hoping it's a bit of rustiness that would resolve itself rather than more serious underlying issues. 

I wonder if it goes back to last season. We all blamed it on injuries but the drop in standards was there away from home  and we just haven't been able to pick it back up despite getting players back. 

Who knows what's really happening but there's another battering incoming next week. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Honestly they can fuck off even more if they're just missing their cuddles off Amanda baby. :lol:

We're not called the Newcastle Snuggle Bunnies for nothing.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Maybe Botman was the key to it all. 

But nah. Intensity and urgency lacking, no patterns to play, no ideas. And individual errors across the park. 

Howe has responsibility of course but some of the players should be hanging their heads. I honestly can't believe what I've seen from Bruno and Gordon today. Others have been poor too this season , Joe especially, but you've just come to expect more from those two. 

It's fair to say that those three in particular have been well well short of their best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think that's true. We've talked about our shortcomings after every win this year. 

If we were somehow top on 25th May, you might have a point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I think the performances have still drawn concern, it's been clear this result was coming. We've just been hoping it's a bit of rustiness that would resolve itself rather than more serious underlying issues. 

I wonder if it goes back to last season. We all blamed it on injuries but the drop in standards was there away from home  and we just haven't been able to pick it back up despite getting players back. 

Who knows what's really happening but there's another battering incoming next week. 

Not necessarily. Football often surprises like that. Plus I'm going and we don't lose with me in attendance. The players wouldn't dare. 

Just now, Renton said:

I don't think that's true. We've talked about our shortcomings after every win this year. 

If we were somehow top on 25th May, you might have a point. 

We're top of the league and you think we're in deep discussion about our shortcomings and the chance of the manager losing his job? Get away man. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We still would have been if we played like we did, regardless of result. It was clear that we couldn't sustain the results with the way we were playing and the hope that we'd turn it around based off the confidence of winning hasn't come to fruition.

• Like 1

As bad as we were there's 3 goals there down to moments of madness from the players. Bruno losing his head, Schar missing with the goal at his mercy and the Pope howler. Could have easily won on another day. I do think today was more down to the players although there's no denying the team setup and tactics needs serious work. 

5 minutes ago, toonotl said:

We're not called the Newcastle Snuggle Bunnies for nothing.

Nest Invaders certainly has nothing on Snuggle Bunnies. We were doomed from the start.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We're top of the league and you think we're in deep discussion about our shortcomings and the chance of the manager losing his job? Get away man. 

After 5 games with the champions elect still to play, aye. It means nothing.