Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

You do have to wonder where a lot of the attacking patterns have disappeared to. They look like strangers and, for the first time I can remember under Howe, players don’t have an option when they have the ball. Fulham have a plan and they’ve executed it well but there’s been no response from us at all. Except to take it up the hole

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

I'd laugh at that but was genuinely thinking they might need to be told to focus on performance instead of looks at this rate :lol:

Lack of effort was not something I ever thought we'd complain about with this team. 

A problem with the high intensity play is that is just takes one or two players not pulling their weight for the rest to stop bothering as well. We've only had a spell of 10-15 minutes of high intensity cohesive Howe Newcastle football this season (from the start against Wolves last week). If this is our new style it's going to be a long ugly season.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You do have to wonder where a lot of the attacking patterns have disappeared to. They look like strangers and, for the first time I can remember under Howe, players don’t have an option when they have the ball. Fulham have a plan and they’ve executed it well but there’s been no response from us at all. Except to take it up the hole

It's why I'd bring Almiron on to link up with Bruno and Trippier, plus you know Almiron generally brings a high intensity even if he does frustrate with his final ball.

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Kelly is a CB so id not judge him until he gets a run there.

Every LB in the squad is fit aren't they? We are looking sick if he's our best option there 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

I genuinely think this new fitness bloke has got something to do with the teams energy and fitness.  He is pissing on the way Eddie plays.

Eddie has been super positive about him. Not enough CIVIL WAR if you ask me.