Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

It’s not an ideal choice but I’d go Kelly as well. Hall is slower and weaker. 

Targett must be sitting out his contract now. It’s a shame as he looked quite decent when he first came on loan. 

id also start Big Joe with a view to be bringing on Little Joe.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pope

Trippier

Kelly (mainly for his pace against Traore here)

Schar

Burn

Tonali

Bruno

Willock

Gordon

Barnes

Isak

2-0 NUFC win, top overnight, bring on City. 

Works for me, although I wonder if Willock is physically ready for a full game. If he's not, I'd rather he was a sub and brought on later when opposition tire, as opposed to have to be taken off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

It’s not an ideal choice but I’d go Kelly as well. Hall is slower and weaker. 

Targett must be sitting out his contract now. It’s a shame as he looked quite decent when he first came on loan. 

id also start Big Joe with a view to be bringing on Little Joe.

Big Joe is still a bit out of form, but I agree a Joe swap makes sense. Just like Barnes, Willock is a fantastic player to bring off the bench. That seems to be what Howe was planning on doing against Wolves from the start. Due to injuries last season he never really got the option to bring on such a high calibre of player, maybe why he generally only ever made quite late changes.

Tonali should definitely be starting over Longstaff, we need to see how our best three midfielders work together (give them the time on the pitch together to figure it out). Until we have Botman back and fully match fit our defense is going to need a little more central protection. Especially because we're no longer playing with that hybrid defensive system that allowed Dan Burn to slot back as a third centre back when Trippier was getting further up the pitch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

Big Joe is still a bit out of form, but I agree a Joe swap makes sense. Just like Barnes, Willock is a fantastic player to bring off the bench. That seems to be what Howe was planning on doing against Wolves from the start. Due to injuries last season he never really got the option to bring on such a high calibre of player, maybe why he generally only ever made quite late changes.

Tonali should definitely be starting over Longstaff, we need to see how our best three midfielders work together (give them the time on the pitch together to figure it out). Until we have Botman back and fully match fit our defense is going to need a little more central protection. Especially because we're no longer playing with that hybrid defensive system that allowed Dan Burn to slot back as a third centre back when Trippier was getting further up the pitch.

Yeah. Kelly can do that role if needed but as mentioned recently it looks like Eddie is evolving to inverted full backs. I’m not sure we have the quality to do that at the mo but I love how innovative and reactive he is so I’m sure he’ll figure it out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Hopefully Isak is fit.  Him and Gordon first half v Wolves looked decent.

Agree, and add Tonali into the mix and the service to Isak should only get better.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah. Kelly can do that role if needed but as mentioned recently it looks like Eddie is evolving to inverted full backs. I’m not sure we have the quality to do that at the mo but I love how innovative and reactive he is so I’m sure he’ll figure it out. 

I noticed that at the weekend with Tino and Hall seemingly drifting inside on attacks. I think having Hall do that makes a lot of sense if you have either Joe on the left of a midfield three because they both love to drift over (Willock especially)

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

I noticed that at the weekend with Tino and Hall seemingly drifting inside on attacks. I think having Hall do that makes a lot of sense if you have either Joe on the left of a midfield three because they both love to drift over (Willock especially)

Yeah, I can see what he is doing but I'd worry about the quality we have to pull it off. I cant see any patterns of play of this season. The past couple of years it was evident we worked on a lot of plays.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Works for me, although I wonder if Willock is physically ready for a full game. If he's not, I'd rather he was a sub and brought on later when opposition tire, as opposed to have to be taken off.

Aye that's a point. I'd love to see Willock in games where the onus is on us and Joelinton against the rest of the top 8 where we need him in full destroyer mode. 

Might need need Joelinton here, give Willock the Wimbledon game then throw  Joelinton to Man City. 

I know Traore isn't great but Joelinton in that LCM spot might help protect Kelly/Hall as well I guess. We struggled last season for a spell against any average RW with pace when Burn was LB and Joelinton was injured. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Hopefully Isak is fit.  Him and Gordon first half v Wolves looked decent.

Aye they both well up for it. I think Howe needs to knock the Gordon through the middle experiment on the head now though, he's clearly not a centre forward.

12 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Aye they both well up for it. I think Howe needs to knock the Gordon through the middle experiment on the head now though, he's clearly not a centre forward.

Osula clearly not up to speed because surely he's a better option than Gordon up front?

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Osula clearly not up to speed because surely he's a better option than Gordon up front?

A not up to speed striker has to be a better option than a winger being played out of position IMO. He goes completely missing through the middle - which is mental considering he was comfortably our best player for the first half vs Wolves.

• Like 3

Isak surely must be fit. Broken nose wasn’t it? Let him wear a mask if needed.

its surely time die Sandro to start. I’d like to see Tripps start too to give us a bit more control at the back 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Isak surely must be fit. Broken nose wasn’t it? Let him wear a mask if needed.

its surely time die Sandro to start. I’d like to see Tripps start too to give us a bit more control at the back 

Howe's comments

It was his eye, but I’m not 100% sure what the issue was. I just knew he had to come off. We’ll find out more afterwards. 

"I don’t know whether it’s serious or not, but we absolutely hope not. He’s such an important player for us.

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

CRAIG HOPE ARTICLE KLAXON 🫨

https://archive.is/5z2ge

@Dr Gloom why would the Mail pay wall his articles? Is it because they can see big numbers for them?… am imagining this is their business plan which means Hope’s sensational style is just what his employers want :cuppa: 

a lot of legacy media stuff is behind a paywall now - the death rattle for the industry 

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Rather see what Osama can do to be honest. 

There's been quite a few documentaries over the years you could watch to answer that tbf.

• Haha 3