Fulham Fumblers vs. Newcastle Nest Invaders

LongTimeAdmirer

Saturday the 21st 3pm KO for those of us in the same hemisphere as the actual team. 

I’ll leave this open for 5 minutes to allow “Monique” to … whatever. 

Then it’s locked and hidden until after the Wolves  game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trippier needs to start. I’d even be tempted to play Almiron (they link up well and keep possession).

Hall is struggling this season and I can see why Howe was reluctant to play him for a lot of the last season. 

We perhaps should go back to a LCB (Kelly) coming in at LB so he can tuck in and then push Trips high. 

Sandro in for Longstaff. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Trippier needs to start. I’d even be tempted to play Almiron (they link up well and keep possession).

Hall is struggling this season and I can see why Howe was reluctant to play him for a lot of the last season. 

I haven’t seen it mentioned but it looks like Eddie wants to play with inverted full backs. It had been noticeable how often Hall and Tino can be found in midfield. I’m not convinced it’s working but you can understand that if that’s the plan then those two are our only real options.

• Like 1

Surely Trippier would be better as an inverter fullback anyway. Tino lacks his composure on the ball. He is more effective galloping up the wing.

Hall is slow and weak at the moment. I’m sure he’ll develop as a full back but he is not impressing at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned but it looks like Eddie wants to play with inverted full backs. It had been noticeable how often Hall and Tino can be found in midfield. I’m not convinced it’s working but you can understand that if that’s the plan then those two are our only real options.

Yeah we haven’t often played with two dedicated fullbacks since 2022. Interesting today that as soon as Fab was available after suspension Eddie went straight back to it. The same people shouting for Tripps to be back in were complaining about us being found out last season for our reliance on the KT/Miggy right side attack thing. Now they’re calling for KT to play 😭 Maybe if Sandro plays regularly in midfield instead of JL or Longy it might gel into something really good attacking wise and rigid defensively… 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah we haven’t often played with two dedicated fullbacks since 2022. Interesting today that as soon as Fab was available after suspension Eddie went straight back to it. The same people shouting for Tripps to be back in were complaining about us being found out last season for our reliance on the KT/Miggy right side attack thing. Now they’re calling for KT to play 😭 Maybe if Sandro plays regularly in midfield instead of JL or Longy it might gel into something really good attacking wise and rigid defensively… 

Trippier is still the superior full back.  There is obviously something going on behind the scenes with him so Eddie has gone for Tino as first choice but I’m not sure it’s for footballing reasons. 

Tino and Murphy struggle to combine. Trippier clearly helped Murphy by dictating his position. Murphy has dropped to Bruce level performances at the moment. 

We continue our hit and miss away from home form, but unlike last season we win again, 1-3.

Wyn Davies brace and a 95th minute, length of the pitch, breakaway goal from Alf Tupper (on loan).

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pope

Trippier

Kelly (mainly for his pace against Traore here)

Schar

Burn

Tonali

Bruno

Willock

Gordon

Barnes

Isak

2-0 NUFC win, top overnight, bring on City. 

got to be really, possibly with the exception of kelly/hall.

all but picks itself after sunday you'd think?