24/25 Stats

The Fish

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well this isn't confusing at all.

Typo while I was on the phone with a removals team trying to arrange the removal of this fucking Miele washing machine. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chart 1 has a broad explanation already. NUFC specific it shows that we're conceding a lot of chances and not really creating that much.

Chart 2 shows the efficacy of attack; above the line = scoring more than you'd expect, below = scoring fewer. Ideally you want to be close to MCI - creating loads, but scoring even more.

Chart 3 shows the quality of defence; above the line = conceding more than you'd expect, below = conceding fewer. Ideally you want to be where Liv are - allowing few chances and conceding even less. 

Chart 4 is essentially the same as Chart 3, but with the also showing the total number of goals conceded by size of bubble. 

reinforces the view that we've been accumulating points while not playing particularly well then. i like stats when they support what you see with your eyes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Dave, do you know what I would do. I would write a paragraph about how big of a cunt everyone that has replied so far is, then I would lock the thread and let that be theirs and your legacy. 

As with so much of my 'contributions' on here, this isn't for the prosophobians, this is for me. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chart 1 has a broad explanation already. NUFC specific it shows that we're conceding a lot of chances and not really creating that much.

Chart 2 shows the efficacy of attack; above the line = scoring more than you'd expect, below = scoring fewer. Ideally you want to be close to MCI - creating loads, but scoring even more.

Chart 3 shows the quality of defence; above the line = conceding more than you'd expect, below = conceding fewer. Ideally you want to be where Liv are - allowing few chances and conceding even less. 

Chart 4 is essentially the same as Chart 3, but with the also showing the total number of goals conceded by size of bubble. 

that's what I was just thinking.

• Haha 4

:lol: 

So this thread has stats and people ripping the piss, both with and without stats.

This is going to be a good thread. I do appreciate the effort that goes into it anyway though Dave, will follow it ;) 

Just now, Rayvin said:

I didn't mean literally ffs :lol: I forgot that was even a feature tbh, does anyone use that?

No. But this thread raises an important question for the board admin. Could we implement the opposite of a follow thread option?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

can you succinctly sum up what those numbers mean, in under one paragraph, for those of us who are struggling to make sense of it? 

We’re not playing as well as we could be.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: 

So this thread has stats and people ripping the piss, both with and without stats.

This is going to be a good thread. I do appreciate the effort that goes into it anyway though Dave, will follow it ;) 

81C3CFB1-C294-4CC4-BB60-540EEFD4F701.jpeg

• Haha 1

Side by side comparison of last season and this after 3 games

image.png.6ae1011a320df2a6b89c311ead23561a.png  image.png.4ed94975b8a59cb1e7bde5e6a5755230.png

Edited by The Fish

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I sometimes accidentally follow things, get a load of notifications, and discover it's some fucking stupid cunts on ANOTHER interminable pun run. 

A pun run ? Would that be like the Great North Pun or just a Parkpun?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Do you really think that I don't expect this from you idiots? I know if I mention puns, that you lads start typing one handed. 

Don't you realise we do it on purpose, well that, and to demonstrate our greater creative intellect that is.

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Creative intellect ffs. You're usually all recycling puns that have already been used less than 5 posts in. 

You're just the worst people. 

There’s no need for this in the stats thread. You’re just being mean.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There’s no need for this in the stats thread. You’re just being mean.

You are correct, his was a bang average retort