Wolverhampton Wolfie-Doodles VS Newcastle Snuggle-Bugs

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was interesting to hear Sir Les saying how he'd be at the training ground most days when he was DoF at QPR. Obviously each have their own style but I would expect them to be in fairly close contact throughout the week. Though the international break may explain why they haven't spoken since the window closed.

yeah. They should speak frequently in my opinion. Talk about what’s going on within the club, strategies, tactics (which leads to player recruitment) etc etc.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was interesting to hear Sir Les saying how he'd be at the training ground most days when he was DoF at QPR. Obviously each have their own style but I would expect them to be in fairly close contact throughout the week. Though the international break may explain why they haven't spoken since the window closed.

Why though, Eddie runs the first team/squad, I would suspect it would be the last thing Eddie would want.

Outside of Mitchell talking about player targets he should leave Eddie alone. He's got shitloads on his plate with the whole football operation, academy, U21's. lasses etc. etc.

19 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I suspect they'll only talk when setting up the strategy for January and around any specific targets. Seems some seem to think they should have adjoining offices and be coffee buddies.

they're having a bromance. wheezkeez said so.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I don't think they should be talking every day either. Especially not at this point in the season and just after the window has shut - both men are of no use to one another at this point. 

I doubt Ashworth is at Man United's training ground every day, or whoever the fuck Pep's DoF is is watching him in training or owt. Bunce is Mitchell's eyes at the training ground. 

Now. If they were friendly, then maybe they would meet up to discuss whatever, their families, their footballing philosophies, etc. But there's no requirement, and as a driven bloke who does 12 hour days, Howe probably isn't a man who takes a long lunch for chats. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

yeah. They should speak frequently in my opinion. Talk about what’s going on within the club, strategies, tactics (which leads to player recruitment) etc etc.

Couldn't disagree more tbh. Eddie's job is first team coach/manager the results of his work are evident every Saturday (Sunday, Monday night or whenever). It's a pretty stand alone role/operation.

They'll talk when window strategy/targets are being identified, but a lot of that is data driven, Eddie'll be involved from a "fit with the squad" perspective and probably has a final veto/OK on whoever. Otherwise Mitchell should leave well alone.

Edited by Toonpack

Just now, Toonpack said:

Couldn't disagree more tbh. Eddie's job is first team coach/manager the results of his work are evident every Saturday (Sunday, Monday night or whenever). It's a pretty stand alone role/operation.

They'll talk when window strategy/targets are being identified, but a lot of that is data driven, Eddie'll be involved from a "fit with the squad" and probably has a final veto/OK on whoever.

There's a transfer committee isn't there. Howe mentioned he sits on the committee. There'll be a formal governance structure where he sees Mitchell and probably not much need for them to meet outside of that. 

Again though, when I think about it, if he does have a problem with what Mitchell says, maybe one of them should have picked the phone up to iron it out instead of playing it out in public. Neither of them is coming out of this particularly well. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's a transfer committee isn't there. Howe mentioned he sits on the committee. There'll be a formal governance structure where he sees Mitchell and probably not much need for them to meet outside of that. 

Again though, when I think about it, if he does have a problem with what Mitchell says, maybe one of them should have picked the phone up to iron it out instead of playing it out in public. Neither of them is coming out of this particularly well. 

First bit, that's what I believe.

Second bit - Possibly, but could also be a bit of "these questions are beneath contempt" you journo's keep peddling what you want it doesn't effect us (the squad). Sure as hell IF Eddie did shut it down the journo's would cook something else up (gotta generate those clicks) which could effect the squad, Tripp's alleged indiscretions, or similar etc. and that could effect the squad.

Edited by Toonpack

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Id be less worried about this if the England job wasn't up for grabs

He'd have even less day to day control. Not sure he's that interested or at least sufficiently interested to give up Premier League manager status now. 

23 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Another couple of weeks of fitness under the belt, hopefully we see continued improvement. Maybe even the return of the press? ninja turtles GIF by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

re-watching Match of the Day from last night. 

Theo Walcott's not bad to be fair. But Danny Rose... is he drunk? did he know he was going to be on tv?

GuyGoma.jpg

Same vibes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

re-watching Match of the Day from last night. 

Theo Walcott's not bad to be fair. But Danny Rose... is he drunk? did he know he was going to be on tv?

GuyGoma.jpg

Same vibes.

He's definitely had mental troubles, pretty sure he's mentioned it in the past, he did one of our matches with spurs and was painful to watch tbh. Maybe he thought he would be ok to do pundit stuff again?

• Like 1

Hope he gets another chance because it definitely seems to be something that becomes easier when you’re more relaxed and used to it. And I’d rather watch him staring at the floor than listen to Merson. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Hope he gets another chance because it definitely seems to be something that becomes easier when you’re more relaxed and used to it. And I’d rather watch him staring at the floor than listen to Merson. 

It's criminal that that stupid arsehole is getting TV work. He's not funny, he brings zero insight, and he's thick as a fucking brick. 

I guess they might be doing it cos he's got issues, and this keeps him on the straight and narrow, but they could at least ask him to dial down his 10-pinter opinions. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's criminal that that stupid arsehole is getting TV work. He's not funny, he brings zero insight, and he's thick as a fucking brick. 

I guess they might be doing it cos he's got issues, and this keeps him on the straight and narrow, but they could at least ask him to dial down his 10-pinter opinions. 

You'll enjoy these two clowns then.

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/36396/13215855/jamie-redknapps-hilarious-rant-calls-xg-nonsense-in-football

• Jaysus... 2

The only thing ‘hilarious’ about that rant is Sky employing Redknapp and Merson to provide insight. I get that not all fans are interested in xG. But football has become incredibly stats driven and the most successful clubs will spend fortunes on it. The likes of them two always trot out ‘in my day’ type patter but they’re supposedly experts on the game. They deride stats like xG because they’re too lazy to assess its worth or even try to understand it. I mean it’s not exactly difficult to get your head round. I suppose it would be alright if Redknapp was funny but his patter is fucking rancid too

• Like 2

Brazil got annihilated by Germany a decade ago but only now does merson fink they're not all that because their players play for noocarsul, wolves and West Aahm.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

The only thing ‘hilarious’ about that rant is Sky employing Redknapp and Merson to provide insight. I get that not all fans are interested in xG. But football has become incredibly stats driven and the most successful clubs will spend fortunes on it. The likes of them two always trot out ‘in my day’ type patter but they’re supposedly experts on the game. They deride stats like xG because they’re too lazy to assess its worth or even try to understand it. I mean it’s not exactly difficult to get your head round. I suppose it would be alright if Redknapp was funny but his patter is fucking rancid too

The same daft cunts laud Pep as a genius without realising that he'll be one of the main reasons that you no longer see daft cunts trying to punt one in from 30 yards five times every game. 

I bet the Portuguese coach wishes someone would sit Ronaldo down for an xG talk. 

Screenshot_20240916-151531.png.4fb0cc3f635479d77559adb1de318db5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The same daft cunts laud Pep as a genius without realising that he'll be one of the main reasons that you no longer see daft cunts trying to punt one in from 30 yards five times every game. 

I bet the Portuguese coach wishes someone would sit Ronaldo down for an xG talk. 

I bet the Portuguese coach wishes Ronaldo would do an Eriksen so he doesn’t have to grow a pair and not pick him.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Merson and Redknapp are exactly the type of cunts who would be berating someone for launching the ball into Row Z time and time again when there are better options.

We had a few goes from distance against Wolves, do these two stalactites think this was by chance? or do you think the coaching staff identified this as being one of those games where given we're not getting round the back as much, we're better off having a dig and following up?

Genuinely think I could have had a remarkable punditry career if only I'd played 20+ games for Spurs or Liverpool in the late 90s and then moved to Fulham.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Merson and Redknapp are exactly the type of cunts who would be berating someone for launching the ball into Row Z time and time again when there are better options.

We had a few goes from distance against Wolves, do these two stalactites think this was by chance? or do you think the coaching staff identified this as being one of those games where given we're not getting round the back as much, we're better off having a dig and following up?

Genuinely think I could have had a remarkable punditry career if only I'd played 20+ games for Spurs or Liverpool in the late 90s and then moved to Fulham.

Money Business GIF by BBC

• Haha 7