Wolverhampton Wolfie-Doodles VS Newcastle Snuggle-Bugs

Just now, ewerk said:

Why?

I haven't see the interview, but if it's tit for tat being played out on air then will Eddie be the one to 'win'? 

There's something off in the background that's for sure.  It seems to be resonating with the squad.

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That was maybe the key change. We were huffing and puffing before that…

I agree. Bringing him on to calm nerves and to bring some shape was essential. Tino was a bit shaky today, quite often totally out of position.

• Like 1

Sky stirring the shit. We’ve got a great squad and kept hold of our best players….aye we need to move on, and Longstaff and Murphy need to be upgraded and others, Tonali and Trippier are very important, cos of their experience and class, we are a good side, who will only improve, yes we’re a bit open and need better defenders …but playing below par and winning games is a great habit to have. The transfer window was a bit mehhhh but we kept our best players, that in itself is a success, but this Mitchell bloke and the Club as a whole, need to embrace this momentum and act on it , even if we haven’t totally clicked yet. It’s all good, let’s just enjoy it, we have some class players and a class manager, who actually gives a fuck! HTL onwards and fuckin upwards 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sky absolutely gutted :lol: 

Mackem director apologising to Merson for having to leave the arsenal chat to go to the other game earlier on just before our KO. :lol: :lol: (how inconvenient those 10 minutes of chat were). 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He will probably easily be tempted to take a different job when he gets offered one. Shambles.

Where would he get a job at the same level (top end of EPL) where he'd have any more control/power ??

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Where would he get a job at the same level (top end of EPL) where he'd have any more control/power ??

I’m not even sure it’s a control thing. My guess is that Mitchell has walked in with a big swinging cock and tried to stamp his shit on stuff that was progressing actually really well. Then he fucking failed to deliver himself and starts blaming everyone else.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’m not even sure it’s a control thing. My guess is that Mitchell has walked in with a big swinging cock and tried to stamp his shit on stuff that was progressing actually really well. Then he fucking failed to deliver himself and starts blaming everyone else.

Nah I think it's a control thing. If you think back to the early days of the takeover when there was no real support structure Eddie pretty much took on the dual role of manager and DoF. He was given much more control than any other PL manager out of necessity because there was no one else at the top of the club with any experience of football. Then Ashworth came along and I think a large part of the reason for him leaving was that Howe still retained more control than he would have liked. Now we have Mitchell in place who looks like he has been promised free reign of the usual DoF remit but has come up against Howe who isn't used to this and no longer has Mandy and the husband to go to directly. So now we have two major figures butting heads. This is up to Eales to mediate as he doesn't appear to have sat both men down together and explained the structure and more importantly he hasn't got buy in from both of them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nah I think it's a control thing. If you think back to the early days of the takeover when there was no real support structure Eddie pretty much took on the dual role of manager and DoF. He was given much more control than any other PL manager out of necessity because there was no one else at the top of the club with any experience of football. Then Ashworth came along and I think a large part of the reason for him leaving was that Howe still retained more control than he would have liked. Now we have Mitchell in place who looks like he has been promised free reign of the usual DoF remit but has come up against Howe who isn't used to this and no longer has Mandy and the husband to go to directly. So now we have two major figures butting heads. This is up to Eales to mediate as he doesn't appear to have sat both men down together and explained the structure and more importantly he hasn't got buy in from both of them.

so craig hope was right all along?

toonpack isn't gonna take this well.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

so craig hope was right all along?

toonpack isn't gonna take this well.

No. This is an assumption made up by someone 😂

But yeh he's probably right 

• Haha 2