Wolverhampton Wolfie-Doodles VS Newcastle Snuggle-Bugs

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

And yet failed to mark or pick up anyone… Longstaff started the ball ache with a dreadful pass but it was shocking defending from all involved. Awful goal, but as always Longstaff gets 100% of the blame when it was a collective failure.

Guarantee had Tonali made that pass it would have been burn’s fault for not tracking the run.

Nah. We've been on Bruno's back last season and Trippier too when they've made poor decisions or made errors leading to goals. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dazzler said:

And yet failed to mark or pick up anyone… Longstaff started the ball ache with a dreadful pass but it was shocking defending from all involved. Awful goal, but as always Longstaff gets 100% of the blame when it was a collective failure.

Guarantee had Tonali made that pass it would have been burn’s fault for not tracking the run.

Yeah nah. Schär had to try to cover two players because Bruno couldn't get goal side of Gomes who then executed a perfect stepover. It was a collective failure but nothing can be apportioned to Schär.

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Nah. We've been on Bruno's back last season and Trippier too when they've made poor decisions or made errors leading to goals. 

Joelinton too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Would have been a highly amusing yellow card.

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Let us have the ball and be compact and you've a chance on the break against us, we did the same to spurs. 

Aye with Bruno and Longstaff we don't have the pace to protect the slow Burn and Schär in central defense. Joelinton does but he was our furthest forward player when Longstaff handed them the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm not sure what Howe as seen in the BJL midfield this season to warrant starting them again today. Stop fanning on and get Tonali and Barnes on at half time

You would rather have Ciggy on over Joe?

Merson's been drinking for the first 45 by the sound of it. You won't see a better bit of football than the dummy for their goal all season apparently.

Arsehole. We saw it yesterday when Duran scored. A couple of weeks ago when Barnes scored.

He's such an arsehole. 

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We’re also far poorer in attack with Tino at RB IMO. Though he is hampered by the idiots ahead of him. Not convinced he’s ready to step in for Trippier tbh

He's better defensively but aye nowhere near as good passing wise. That will come with experience although Trippier is miles ahead of most right backs in terms of passing ability 

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We’re also far poorer in attack with Tino at RB IMO. Though he is hampered by the idiots ahead of him. Not convinced he’s ready to step in for Trippier tbh

I don't think he should be starting either, but I'm assuming Howe has taken the view that he needs to start games to bring him on to the next level. Trippier is currently the safer bet though. 

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I agree, but at the same time if we need to defend counter attacks Livramento is a lot faster.

Sit back against us and wait for a bit of sloppiness because you know it'll happen. Obviously you've got to be able to defend to do it but you never feel comfortable when we lose possession.

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Sit back against us and wait for a bit of sloppiness because you know it'll happen. Obviously you've got to be able to defend to do it but you never feel comfortable when we lose possession.

Two words. Joe Willock. I'm starting to think he was a pretty big part of the reason we made the CL that year. Acres of space in midfield. Bruno and Longstaff just don't have the legs. 

To what extent Tonali can address that remains to be seen, but he is a lot more mobile than Bruno and Longstaff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Bruno has hardly featured today too. Everything good has come from Gordon. 

Hes hardly featured all season, he’s a peripheral figure in most games. Half the time he appears (to me) to be hiding from the ball and half the time he’s in space and his teammates take a different option. 

Fuck knows why. I keep watching him and he looks half arsed. He’s also getting in the neck for his Brazil performances too apparently. 

There. I said it. (again 😆

Hes a brilliant player but he’s not showing it enough… 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Merson's been drinking for the first 45 by the sound of it. You won't see a better bit of football than the dummy for their goal all season apparently.

Arsehole. We saw it yesterday when Duran scored. A couple of weeks ago when Barnes scored.

He's such an arsehole. 

Always got to get his fucking Arsenal reference in. The Henry whip.  Fuck off you pissed cunt.

• Like 2