Newcastle United vs Tottenham

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I enjoyed the two Korean lads reacting to the winner. 

on reflection I'm quite pleased dan burn put it our net now.

imagine a life without seeing the korean lad in white busting them moves man.

• Haha 5

Dear lord!

I know the posh sounding bloke in the 3rd video. He’s an arsehole. His name is Barnaby and he is very much as you would expect any bloke called Barnaby to be.

I did like the Korean bloke’s dance when they equalised though.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Dear lord!

I know the posh sounding bloke in the 3rd video. He’s an arsehole. His name is Barnaby and he is very much as you would expect any bloke called Barnaby to be.

I did like the Korean bloke’s dance when they equalised though.

All you had to say is, his names Barnaby.  We could then easily figure out he's a cunt.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

All you had to say is, his names Barnaby.  We could then easily figure out he's a cunt.

Fuck off Tarquin

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Pisser was Pope had actually "saved" the follow-up as I think it was going wide when Burn intervened. 

At first I thought if Burn didn't get to it another Tottenham player would have, but a different angle put pay dirt to that also, it was going to go straight out. Nee matter anyway, just means we won and scored three.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I worry about our midfield. Despite on paper being our strongest area of the pitch, we've struggled 4 games in a row to control the match in the middle. Bruno regularly gets caught in possession, Joelinton is either brilliant or shite and Longstaff is, well, Longstaff. 

Im looking forward to Tonali starting but he and Bruno were often trying to play in the same spaces last season. 

That's a defensive line problem, I reckon. We're sitting deeper to protect Burn and Krafth. That means we're not controlling the ball as high up the pitch and that's being compounded by a lack of match sharpness.

It'll come. We're going into the International break unbeaten in the league, we've got past a Premier League side in the League Cup. Now we'll have time to work on fitness and sharpness with at least one of our first choice CB partnership back in contention. It'll come.

Gordon definitely seems to be a fitness thing. You don't go from being one of the hardest working players to suddenly being half arsed. We're lacking sharpness all around, even Isak Bruno and Joe don't seem upto their usual levels. Fitness again as Eddie has said. 

Few people in here saying Tonali and Hall need to start. Completely agree on Tonali, that's a no brainer. I'm sure Eddie will do that if he considers him fit enough. But I'm not convinced about Hall yet, he looks very good going forward and his passing his way better than anything Kelly or Burn but he gets beaten very easily at times and can be a bit daft defensively. Maybe he really does just need a run of games but there's work to be done there. 

Contrast Tino who was outstanding defensively again. We do miss Trippier's passing quality and composure so I'd be tempted to play Tino on the left if Trips stays in and stays in favor.

Really can't understate the importance of these results we've grinded out. There's a solid foundation now to try and address the issues and we'll have players coming back. The feeling around the club could have easily been very very different right now. It underlines again what a top coach Howe is and that it's paramount we keep him and keep him happy. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Gordon definitely seems to be a fitness thing. You don't go from being one of the hardest working players to suddenly being half arsed. We're lacking sharpness all around, even Isak Bruno and Joe don't seem upto their usual levels. Fitness again as Eddie has said. 

Few people in here saying Tonali and Hall need to start. Completely agree on Tonali, that's a no brainer. I'm sure Eddie will do that if he considers him fit enough. But I'm not convinced about Hall yet, he looks very good going forward and his passing his way better than anything Kelly or Burn but he gets beaten very easily at times and can be a bit daft defensively. Maybe he really does just need a run of games but there's work to be done there. 

Contrast Tino who was outstanding defensively again. We do miss Trippier's passing quality and composure so I'd be tempted to play Tino on the left if Trips stays in and stays in favor.

Really can't understate the importance of these results we've grinded out. There's a solid foundation now to try and address the issues and we'll have players coming back. The feeling around the club could have easily been very very different right now. It underlines again what a top coach Howe is and that it's paramount we keep him and keep him happy. 

Agree with all that. I think it’s worth remembering these are Joelinton’s first competitive games for us since January too. I’ve also always assumed Hall was an Ashworth signing and if there’d been a realistic option not to buy him then he’d have gone back to Chelsea. He’s definitely a good footballer but it’s telling a CB who was just brought in as a squad player is getting the nod ahead of him imo

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

Worth remembering Hall is still 19. There's not many younger players in this league who are starting regularly for their clubs.

Edit - I googled it. Mainoo, Ferguson and Rico Lewis the only others 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Worth remembering Hall is still 19. There's not many younger players in this league who are starting regularly for their clubs.

Edit - I googled it. Mainoo, Ferguson and Rico Lewis the only others 

Rico Lewis isn't a full starter too. I.e he will be bench more than anything. He is a mega talent though. Really looking forward to see how he gets on. 

Garnacho is only just 20 so you can probably add him to the list too. My point being, we probably shouldn't judge Hall too harshly. He's well ahead of most other players his age in the league and he might even end up a LW yet

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Garnacho is only just 20 so you can probably add him to the list too. My point being, we probably shouldn't judge Hall too harshly. He's well ahead of most other players his age in the league and he might even end up a LW yet

Counting Gordon, Barnes, Almiron and the two Joe's that means we could field a team of 6 "LWs" and 5 keepers. 

Mackems in the cup? 

• Haha 2

I was trying to work out who Lewis Hall

reminded me of and I’ve come to the conclusion it’s Nookie Bear 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Doubt most of you would know who he is, but he's a dead ringer for Ginger Meggs.

Screenshot_20240903_102040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df637104cfbb62f1e29750d4e24ca1ce.jpg

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Hall reminds me of Harry Enfield's sidekick in the 'double take brothers' sketch. 

IMG_20240903_070800.thumb.jpg.02b6a90a45c5653cdbc17ef36940a1ba.jpg

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Haven't watched it yet but I'm expecting a lot of "Naaaah fam! Naaaah blud!" :lol:

the “oh my days fam” geezer is different class  :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Hall reminds me of Harry Enfield's sidekick in the 'double take brothers' sketch. 

IMG_20240903_070800.thumb.jpg.02b6a90a45c5653cdbc17ef36940a1ba.jpg

Isn't that Johnny Lydon (Rotten) post PiL in his real estate days?

9 hours ago, OTF said:

Doubt most of you would know who he is, but he's a dead ringer for Ginger Meggs.

Screenshot_20240903_102040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df637104cfbb62f1e29750d4e24ca1ce.jpg

Fucking Ginger Meggs, and you call me old K???
He's more Hookey than Meggsy

Mugshots_0021_Hookey+copy.png?format=100

• Haha 1