Newcastle United vs Tottenham

17 hours ago, OTF said:

Ahh, it figures. The only thing faster than his ascent was his decline. He's younger than James Milner and infinitely more boring than him.

Fun fact: 'Ex-Spurs' midfielder Jamie O'Hara made more appearances for Billericay Town than he did for Spurs.

• Haha 4

They scored him similarly vs Forest too despite him coming on as a sub, not putting a foot wrong and scoring the winning penalty.

I bet Burn was getting similar scores last season. We love to have some poor cunt to blame - and it's always one of our own.

• Like 5

You can vote the second the match starts and Longstaff always gets shit ratings on there iirc. That said, we really need Tonali replacing him in the starting XI asap 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fun fact: 'Ex-Spurs' midfielder Jamie O'Hara made more appearances for Billericay Town than he did for Spurs.

Good to hear he found his level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They scored him similarly vs Forest too despite him coming on as a sub, not putting a foot wrong and scoring the winning penalty.

I bet Burn was getting similar scores last season. We love to have some poor cunt to blame - and it's always one of our own.

Whatever the case he was extremely poor in this match, really contributed next to nothing and gave away some silly free kicks. He's not fast enough to follow a counter attacking move so everytime there is one you can see him plodding along at his top speed uselessly behind the play hoping that our speedier players will bail him out. I'm sure he covers a fair bit of ground but so often it is chasing shadows for the sake of it. A break from the first team may do him the world of good because he's capable of being much better positionally, but as far as his overall quality he's not good enough for where we want to be.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, OTF said:

Whatever the case he was extremely poor in this match, really contributed next to nothing and gave away some silly free kicks. He's not fast enough to follow a counter attacking move so everytime there is one you can see him plodding along at his top speed uselessly behind the play hoping that our speedier players will bail him out. I'm sure he covers a fair bit of ground but so often it is chasing shadows for the sake of it. A break from the first team may do him the world of good because he's capable of being much better positionally, but as far as his overall quality he's not good enough for where we want to be.

He definitely needs an upgrade and Tonali is waiting in the wings but I think you could criticise most of the performances (if not everyone) yesterday.

Personally i thought Krafth didn’t put a foot wrong and Burn gave absolutely everything as normal. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

On paper the back line is shite but they've done very well defensively. They just aren't great on the ball and you'd see a massive difference if Schar and a 2023 Botman plays.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I worry about our midfield. Despite on paper being our strongest area of the pitch, we've struggled 4 games in a row to control the match in the middle. Bruno regularly gets caught in possession, Joelinton is either brilliant or shite and Longstaff is, well, Longstaff. 

Im looking forward to Tonali starting but he and Bruno were often trying to play in the same spaces last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

I worry about our midfield. Despite on paper being our strongest area of the pitch, we've struggled 4 games in a row to control the match in the middle. Bruno regularly gets caught in possession, Joelinton is either brilliant or shite and Longstaff is, well, Longstaff. 

Im looking forward to Tonali starting but he and Bruno were often trying to play in the same spaces last season. 

I don't think the back 4 are helping with that. They need to be able to bounce the ball of the defence but the players aren't upto it. Having said that they look visibly unfit.

Do you think our new Injury Prevention Guru is not letting Eddie be so intense in training?

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not very often cos Tonali only played 6 games 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

I don't think the back 4 are helping with that. They need to be able to bounce the ball of the defence but the players aren't upto it. Having said that they look visibly unfit.

Do you think our new Injury Prevention Guru is not letting Eddie be so intense in training?

Imagine 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I reckon it's the fitness thing Howe has been on about. They all just don't look sharp enough atm. It'll get there but the sooner we knock it on the head with these stupid summer tours, the better. Doesn't help that most of the midfield will be away on international duty where fitness will just be assumed, so there'll not be a lot done on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

That's perfectly adequate credentials to get a spot on talksport or Sky sports news. (As long as the accent is correct). :good:

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think some our problems are because we miss Scharr, midfield are basically having to drop to get the ball from the current back 4, Scharr can get the ball to them more advanced so they're not on the back foot/going backwards to start a move all the time.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1