Newcastle United vs Tottenham

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240901-184930.thumb.png.34a41d1cd51ee79e107bf89b24d7842e.png

Louise Taylor taking this analogy out the back and kicking the absolute fuck out of it. 

She just can't keep her inner MLF demon from corrupting her NUFC reporting. 

• Haha 5

Note on Spuds. They would be much more of a force if they bought better players on the wing. Big Ange has gone for pure pace but they lack quality in the final ball. Johnson/Werner/Odobert) all are dangerous but massively wasteful. That’s just not today either. 

They are also massively susceptible to a quick counter. They only leave the two CBs back at times. Normally Van de Ven can bail them out as he is lightening quick but it’s a dangerous game to play.   They’ll give some teams a tonking but might lose a lot if they don’t put the game to bed. 

Gordon was better on the left. But there is something just not right about him. I don't think he's the sort to spit his dummy out though. Just from watching that interview with him, how he is always wanting to improve and the psychological part. 

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gordon was better on the left. But there is something just not right about him. I don't think he's the sort to spit his dummy out though. Just from watching that interview with him, how he is always wanting to improve and the psychological part. 

I suspect he thinks he is elite now and doesn’t have to track back like last season, as he is the second coming of Zinadine Zidane. 

id rather have Longstaff running his nuts off, playing bang average football than the half hearted performances he has put in this season. Very disappointing. I hope Eddie sorts it out. 

Eze has come back twice the player he is. Maybe, my boy Gareth got that right at the Euros.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

Yeh I don't get that vibe from him at all. But there is something and I think it's more down to match fitness and sharpness after a shite preseason set up by the club and having his confidence destroyed by Southgate. 

That's imo why Howe was keeping him on rather than hooking him to get him back up to fitness. Albeit it's a big gamble by Eddie to do that to a player that's not doing his bit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

her inner MLF demon 

Can’t really blame her though- last few times she let it out she almost made enough to fix the lift at the SoS. 

IMG_3366.jpeg

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Yeh I don't get that vibe from him at all. But there is something and I think it's more down to match fitness and sharpness after a shite preseason set up by the club and having his confidence destroyed by Southgate. 

That's imo why Howe was keeping him on rather than hooking him to get him back up to fitness. Albeit it's a big gamble by Eddie to do that to a player that's not doing his bit. 

Something to bear in mind with Gordon is that, due to the U21 euros and then the full euros, hes starting his third season in a row without a summer off in between.

Yes he didnt play for england really but he was still having to do everything in the lead up to be ready even if he wasnt spending 90 mins on the pitch.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Something to bear in mind with Gordon is that, due to the U21 euros and then the full euros, hes starting his third season in a row without a summer off in between.

Yes he didnt play for england really but he was still having to do everything in the lead up to be ready even if he wasnt spending 90 mins on the pitch.

That's true. Mental and physical fatigue. Hasn't his Mrs just dropped a nipper too?

He looks half arsed to me. I get he might not physically be firing on cylinders but work your balls off (like he did last year) and then get hooked when you are gassed. We have Almiron and Murphy on the bench ready to put a shift in. As average as they are,  they are capable of seeing a game out if we are in a position. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

You watch Ten Hag in total denial in his interviews and press conference. At least Howe is honest about where we are - says the performances need to be better and that it's very clear that we aren't where we need to be fitness wise. He says there's a LOT of work to do in fitness during the international break. 

No bullshit, he knows what's wrong, just needs to sort it. 

He's asked specifically about Gordon and what's going on with him, and he says it's a fitness thing but he will be fine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Part of the issue is that we're sitting deeper to protect Krafth and Burn, part of the issue is fitness/sharpness. Bruno and Gordon are the beating heart of the side and both look half a yard off the pace. To be honest, the whole squad looks like it could do with another two weeks of preseason to get that bit more sharp. 

That said, we've played a mix of teams and we're unbeaten in the league and league cup. It could have been much, much worse. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240901-184930.thumb.png.34a41d1cd51ee79e107bf89b24d7842e.png

Louise Taylor taking this analogy out the back and kicking the absolute fuck out of it. 

That’s excruciatingly bad :lol: Imagine reading that back to yourself then submitting it. 

At this point (and not just on the basis of the MLF’s tripe above) The Guardian seems more like a quarterly where the contributors write about whatever subject they like and everyone gets their piece printed regardless of the quality. 
That aside, did she not consider it might have something to do with Spurs not really creating that much, despite dominating possession (backed up by the xG). Plus needing an own goal to score and being absolutely shite from a defensive point of view? 

• Like 1