Newcastle United vs Tottenham

Well that was fucking hideous, but a magnificent 3 points.

Kelly was great apart from his defensive work

Gordon is swiftly earning the right to be called a headless chicken

Isak did fuck all (again) but scored a magic goal delivered by a ‘shit sub by Eddie’

Onwards and upwards, but for fucks sake it would be nice to watch some good football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Outcome versus performance it's an incredible start to the season. Here's hoping Howe can turn this into some momentum. The positives here were a return to form for Joelinton, Isak was dangerous and opened his account, Barnes again showing his potency and for the most part Burn and Krafth worked well together. Tonali didn't put a foot wrong in his cameo, with those matches under his belt post international break there's no reason why he shouldn't be starting. We're one match closer to Schär's return.

Any reports on Trippier after the game? Have a feeling he'll be off now which will hurt.

schar is back next game, thank god 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Man Utd do what we've done and it's what class teams do. 

We do it and it's spawning 😂

It's better for us to have a reputation as being lucky than being good.

• Like 2

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Ex PL mediocrity and ex Spurs substitute Jamie O'Hara. 

Ahh, it figures. The only thing faster than his ascent was his decline. He's younger than James Milner and infinitely more boring than him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OTF said:

Outcome versus performance it's an incredible start to the season. Here's hoping Howe can turn this into some momentum. The positives here were a return to form for Joelinton, Isak was dangerous and opened his account, Barnes again showing his potency and for the most part Burn and Krafth worked well together. Tonali didn't put a foot wrong in his cameo, with those matches under his belt post international break there's no reason why he shouldn't be starting. We're one match closer to Schär's return.

Any reports on Trippier after the game? Have a feeling he'll be off now which will hurt.

Schar is back next game isn’t he?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Schar is back next game isn’t he?

Yeah he is, I didn't word that very well.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we won the argument 

jeremy corbyn politics GIF

and the game 

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Think I've said it before, but after the Chelsea semifinal defeat at Wembley under Robson, one of their fans just retorted "It's goals that count innit". 

I was like, yeah, that's true you cockney cunt (just thinking the last part). It's more true in cups than the league though. Our defence worries me. It's dogshit. The almost exact opposite of just two seasons ago. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

schar is back next game, thank god 

Is it not one more?, league bans don’t cover league cup, do they ??

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fourth as things stand 7/9 is a great platform for if or when we get our act together. Hopefully willock is pushing for a return after the break. Sandro and Hall need to start 

It’s a big ‘if’ because of all the injury problems he’s had but if you put a fit Willock into that team and also a match fit Tonali I think that transforms the midfield. And asks loads more questions of the opposition alongside Bruno in there. That allows Joelinton to take up one of the wings and you can then manage the workload of Gordon, Barnes and Isak better.  Schar’s back available too, which changes things too with his ability to bring the ball out from the back and his range of passing. It’s been a ropey start in terms of performances but it’s a good position on which to build 

• Like 5

Two seasons ago we played badly in about 4 games. We’ve equalled that already. There is no intensity in our play anymore. Very disappointing to see. we’ve somehow come through undefeated but our luck will run out soon.  

We miss composure on the ball. Trippier is a big loss and with his link up play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Is it not one more?, league bans don’t cover league cup, do they ??

Last game of his suspension today according to NUFC.com

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Two seasons ago we played badly in about 4 games. We’ve equalled that already. There is no intensity in our play anymore. Very disappointing to see. we’ve somehow come through undefeated but our luck will run out soon.  

We miss composure on the ball. Trippier is a big loss and with his link up play.

This is true. The only bit 9lof optimism I can conjure though is things never turn out like you think they will. I think we'll do better and get a European place still. This 7 points, undeserved as they are in the main, is evidence of grit. That helps is out on the literal point score but also the future team in terms of solidarity and confidence. Maybe. 

• Like 2

Just now, Renton said:

This is true. The only bit 9lof optimism I can conjure though is things never turn out like you think they will. I think we'll do better and get a European place still. This 7 points, undeserved as they are in the main, is evidence of grit. That helps is out on the literal point score but also the future team in terms of solidarity and confidence. Maybe. 

I think that’s the only positive I can take. We are grinding these games out without our first two choice CBs and our RB that wants away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think that’s the only positive I can take. We are grinding these games out without our first two choice CBs and our RB that wants away.

Yeah, the defence is a worry. Everything clicked for Howe 2 years ago, best defence I can remember and almost injury free. Even with Schar back we're not close to that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

yeah, trippier coming back into the side would be massive 

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, the defence is a worry. Everything clicked for Howe 2 years ago, best defence I can remember and almost injury free. Even with Schar back we're not close to that. 

Yet we’ve conceded 2 league goals (and we scored one of them) over 3 games, one of which was 10 men for 70 minutes, our defensive performances are the least of our worries just now IMO it’s more our inability to retain the ball in midfield for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do wonder why Eddie isnt putting Trips out on the right and Tino left. Neither are as good on the opposite side but I dont think Kelly or Hall have done enough to stake their place. I wonder if we will see how the next few go before Trips starts being reintroduced to a starting slot, unless he goes to Saudi last minute. 

Edited by Chaser