Newcastle United vs Tottenham

Some large part of Murphy must've wanted to have a go himself but his better instincts prevailed because he knows he can't finish his dinner. 

Our defending was...unique today. I'd be interested in seeing the xG because Spurs missed an absolute hatful, several of which we wrapped up nicely for them. They'll never be this poor again. We need to toughen up and right quick because this side is playing like a shadow of the NUFC from the past two seasons. 

• Like 1

Incredible we've got 7 points of these games when we've been utterly terrible. It does remind you of Man Utd. Credit to the lads for hanging in there and getting the result. 

Tons of work for Eddie to do, break probably comes at a good time. We just don't look right, and we'd be furious on here right now about that performance bar that brilliant ball from Joelinton 

2 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Some large part of Murphy must've wanted to have a go himself but his better instincts prevailed because he knows he can't finish his dinner. 

Our defending was...unique today. I'd be interested in seeing the xG because Spurs missed an absolute hatful, several of which we wrapped up nicely for them. They'll never be this poor again. We need to toughen up and right quick because this side is playing like a shadow of the NUFC from the past two seasons. 

1.57 v 1.26 on xG in our favour. 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

League table looks good 😀

image.gif.ac26d66233056517055c81865b5de0fa.gif

Do we assume we're competing more with ManU so want a Liverpool win? Probably I guess. We need to improve to even get top half of the table mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck me that was a tough watch. What the hell has happened to us :lol: 

We used to be quite slick going forward.

Please sort it out Eddie. 

We’re unbeaten.

10 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Incredible we've got 7 points of these games when we've been utterly terrible. It does remind you of Man Utd. Credit to the lads for hanging in there and getting the result. 

Tons of work for Eddie to do, break probably comes at a good time. We just don't look right, and we'd be furious on here right now about that performance bar that brilliant ball from Joelinton 

Man Utd won two trophies playing this way. Imagine. 😂

• Haha 5

Just now, Renton said:

Do we assume we're competing more with ManU so want a Liverpool win? Probably I guess. We need to improve to even get top half of the table mind. 

We will, there’s so many of the players just slightly off from their usual standards, they and we will get better.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Man United did this all last season. Getting results when they didn't have much right. I'll take it. 

International break for Gordon to get his head on straight and Eddie to sort them out. 

Outcome wise, a very good start to the season. 

Outcome versus performance it's an incredible start to the season. Here's hoping Howe can turn this into some momentum. The positives here were a return to form for Joelinton, Isak was dangerous and opened his account, Barnes again showing his potency and for the most part Burn and Krafth worked well together. Tonali didn't put a foot wrong in his cameo, with those matches under his belt post international break there's no reason why he shouldn't be starting. We're one match closer to Schär's return.

Any reports on Trippier after the game? Have a feeling he'll be off now which will hurt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'We should've won, we need to take advantage when we're on top.' 

Not Ange but sky's pundit talking about the game on SSN. :lol:

Which cunt was that so I can add them to the black book?

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Man United did this all last season. Getting results when they didn't have much right. I'll take it. 

International break for Gordon to get his head on straight and Eddie to sort them out. 

Outcome wise, a very good start to the season. 

fourth as things stand 7/9 is a great platform for if or when we get our act together. Hopefully willock is pushing for a return after the break. Sandro and Hall need to start 

• Like 1