Newcastle United vs Tottenham

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

maddison with the same gross haircut as chook.

is this the latest fashion in england? 

Aye we call it "the carpet remnant". 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Not sure you're asking in the right place.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Aye, we’re so cultured and well travelled that we get haircuts that look like we have our favourite piece of literature open on our heads.

• Haha 4

Quite an even first half. We flew out of the blocks then Spurs were dangerous for 20 minutes after the stoppage, penning us back and really squeezing our back four, we could barely get out at times. I’d be making an early change or two if I were Eddie. Don’t allow it to drift as they will score from one of these chances. We have players on the bench to reclaim control of the game, just as we did after he made the changes against Bournemouth. Don’t leave it until after they score this time please!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

That's my haircut you cheeky twat. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Quite an even first half. We flew out of the blocks then Spurs were dangerous for 20 minutes after the stoppage, penning us back and really squeezing our back four, we could barely get out at times. I’d be making an early change or two if I were Eddie. Don’t allow it to drift as they will score from one of these chances. We have players on the bench to reclaim control of the game, just as we did after he made the changes against Bournemouth. Don’t leave it until after they score this time please!

Shame Willock isn’t available from the bench he’s tailor made for giving spurs the shits.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’re playing a much mode transitional game than usual. Tonali and Trippier would surely help us asset more control 

I think if we were close to everyone being available. Particularly Schar, Botman and a fit Tonali then you might see Hall and/or Trippier too. We don’t have the balance to dominate possession with a midfield 3 that includes both of Longstaff and Joelinton. Especially without the passing of the two missing  centre-backs. I think that’s why Kelly is in there, as he’s a more physical sort of defender. Howe probably feels Hall would get exposed too much in this line up  

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

That was such a quality finish by Barnes and Isak's shot that hit the crossbar was so unlucky, he definitely meant it as it was Isak. 

This is one of the things we've missed in the first couple of years. Willock can do it too tbf, but players across the front that can finish hard chances. The sort of shit you see Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal players do all the time like it's nowt. 

He's quality, Barnes. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Quick bit of Man United build up at half time. :lol:

It's not just on Sky, I'm on Premier and they've got Scholes and Owen tugging themselves in the OT dressing room. I don't think there's been any mention of the game we are watching. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think if we were close to everyone being available. Particularly Schar, Botman and a fit Tonali then you might see Hall and/or Trippier too. We don’t have the balance to dominate possession with a midfield 3 that includes both of Longstaff and Joelinton. Especially without the passing of the two missing  centre-backs. I think that’s why Kelly is in there, as he’s a more physical sort of defender. Howe probably feels Hall would get exposed too much in this line up  

my issue is our back four are all quite workmanlike and are struggling to build and retain possession when spurs squeeze us.  Good defenders but they’re struggling to play out and spurs have been able to pin us back as a result. Livramento is the exception but he has other qualities. Schar and Botman are two big misses in that sense. I like Tino but I think this is a game for trippier given the lack of ball-playing ability in the rest of the back four 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Ahh Isak play that in man 

Barnes begging for it. The replay showed Dragusin got Isak's standing leg before the ball which is apparently fine.

• Like 2