Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle United

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Regarding the other thread;

Titles and results aside, one thing that has been correctly pointed out in this thread is that it isnt our next match.

I will therefore remove the spurs thread TEMPORARILY pending the result of the the forest game.

@Dougle

image.gif.e5207ace09859dda39f307dd55555d0b.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's a bit like Chinese writing, I just can't understand it?

It’s like Athens - it’s all Greek to me 

• Haha 4

Eddie needs to go pretty much full strength for this one, the players patently need the minutes.

I'd Start with:

Pope

Tripps

Krafth

Burn

Hall

Tonali (right of 3)

Joe (left of 3)

Bruno

Gordon

Isak

Barnes

Look to get another 30/40 minutes into Willock too.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just had a look on the Forest forum and they’re raving about Anderson. 🙄

Yep. They think he's one of their best midfielders and can't believe he's only 21. We sold one of our best home grown talents in 2 decades for £15mil net to plug a PSR hole. What a fucking travesty this transfer window has been. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yep. They think he's one of their best midfielders and can't believe he's only 21. We sold one of our best home grown talents in 2 decades for £15mil net to plug a PSR hole. What a fucking travesty this transfer window has been. 

PSR is the travesty. The sooner it’s binned the better 

• Like 7

I still think Anderson will end up miles off the pace for where we're headed. He's already got 4 to 5 ahead of him in the pecking order here now. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just had a look on the Forest forum and they’re raving about Anderson. 🙄

BIL said he had a solid game at the weekend

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The PSR limits weren't a secret though.

Leaving it until 24hrs before the deadline to scramble around, selling players we didn't want to sell, and buying expensive goalkeepers we didn't want to buy is all on the people running the club 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I still think Anderson will end up miles off the pace for where we're headed. He's already got 4 to 5 ahead of him in the pecking order here now. 

GIC

27 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The PSR limits weren't a secret though.

Leaving it until 24hrs before the deadline to scramble around, selling players we didn't want to sell, and buying expensive goalkeepers we didn't want to buy is all on the people running the club 

How though? They didn’t set the limits or the deadlines. They can’t force other teams to buy the deadwood (especially last January). Other clubs are also playing a tactical game which suits their own interests. And the people running the club aren’t to blame for the years when revenues were allowed to slip mikes behind our rivals. There’s potentially room for criticism but it’s not all on them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

And maybe the biggest travesty (amongst its many issues) is the way in which clubs are pretty much forced to sell their own academy players. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

How though? They didn’t set the limits or the deadlines. They can’t force other teams to buy the deadwood (especially last January). Other clubs are also playing a tactical game which suits their own interests. And the people running the club aren’t to blame for the years when revenues were allowed to slip mikes behind our rivals. There’s potentially room for criticism but it’s not all on them. 

Surely they have known since January 31st what the shortfall was going to be come June 30th? We weren't just slightly short. We had to bring in £65million on the LAST day of the PSR window to avoid breaching the limit. 

I appreciate other clubs weren't going to do us any favours, but how else were we expecting to raise that much money?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Surely they have known since January 31st what the shortfall was going to be come June 30th? We weren't just slightly short. We had to bring in £65million on the LAST day of the PSR window to avoid breaching the limit. 

I appreciate other clubs weren't going to do us any favours, but how else were we expecting to raise that much money?

So what should they have done? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You’ve sort of answered your own question. It was going to be player sales whether the fans or Howe were happy with that or not… so it was Bruno/Gordon or get creative. They chose the latter when as has been suggested other clubs were fucked if they were going to help us. That was the situation on 1st Feb and June 30th…nothing changed because the list of the “usual suspects” that are rolled out daily appear to be unsellable/won’t leave eg Miggy… 

• Like 4

But that’s why you had all the daft last minute shenanigans. Other clubs in a similar position and other clubs aware of that. It is of course possible that they could have done it differently but it’s a really ridiculous situation, created to stop clubs breaking into the champions league places essentially. That’s why it’s not all on the club. It’s very frustrating, which is why we’re both pissed off. Having to sell Anderson and Minteh when the club only needed the money to meet manufactured criteria rather than actually needing it is mental really. Even if neither of them turn out to be all that good, they should have both been allowed opportunities here. 

• Like 5

precisely.

i don't know, maybe it could be argued that staveley and her chap were at least partially responsible for this? having ashworth pottering about with his hanging baskets?

anyway, they've all now departed the building for at least 7 weeks, it's the ones still here that've up till now failed to sign a player who can come straight in and strengthen the starting 11.

bit shit I think.

18 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

So what should they have done? 

That's their job, not mine. But you have to question the Barnes signing if we were spending money we didn't have, and when we already had one of our best players in that position.

Particularly if the trade off is that we've sold one of our best young players and a potential starting RW to cover the shortfall 

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That's their job, not mine. But you have to question the Barnes signing if we were spending money we didn't have, and when we already had one of our best players in that position.

Particularly if the trade off is that we've sold one of our best young players and a potential starting RW to cover the shortfall 

But you're looking for a magical answer to a mathematical question. The only option available was to sell players with a high PSR profit. There are no magic solutions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

And maybe the biggest travesty (amongst its many issues) is the way in which clubs are pretty much forced to sell their own academy players. 

100% - how can that be a desirable outcome? It’s a fucking nonsense 

• Like 1