Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle United

2 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I know we have a tradition that, if we don't lose, the person gets to keep making threads but surely there comes a time when performances are not up to scratch that this has to come into the equation, Sorry @LongTimeAdmirer 🤣

No, fuck off, you don’t mess with the space time continuum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

BRACE YOURSELVES GIRLS WE’RE COMING IN DRY! 😆

techno viking GIF

IMG_5498.jpeg

Girls? Sir, that fella is the hardest gay bloke of all time raving out in your gif. He’d have no interest in tits.

21 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

image.png.4eb36cbeb55987e463c635ba90f69e

Fuckin' stinks ! 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh. So the cup draw is now literally staged? What a fucking joke. All teams at each stage should be equal. Instead we get this fucking joke where the cartel are seperated. An absolute joke. 

Away against Wimbledon, good draw for progression, but still a joke. 

I did bring this up a few days ago but nobody seemed to give a fuck. 

I'd have genuinely said to the the teams in affected it's Europe or the league cup OR it's your problem, you won't play another European club which is a benefit to you but your cup draw will be away. Your choice.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Arsenal and Man U up against League 1 sides, Chelsea at home to League 2 Barrow and Liverpool at home to a PL side. No chance we're chosen. But from the looks of tonight I think they’re showing all the ties live on the night.

I think they've said all ties are live as part of this plus thing. 

24 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

No, fuck off, you don’t mess with the space time continuum 

I genuinely fear that these match threads are wormholes though.

Haven’t read the whole thread as watched it in the dolphin. I thought it was a lot like the Bournemouth game. We flew out the traps. Unlucky not to go two up with the Tonali chance then it all changes. Forest dominated for the middle hour of the game then we came back into it at the end and could have won it before pens.

i don’t know why we’re struggling to control games for 90 minutes. Still struggling for sharpness after pre-season or is Howe instructing them to be more selective in the press? It felt like we sat off to protect the lead instead of going hell for leather for 90 minutes (perhaps influenced by all the injuries last season).

Absolutely gutted for Willock. I thought he looked class and offers something completely different to the rest of our midfielders. We’ve really missed him and his ability to carry the ball 20-30 yards up the pitch. Really hope it’s just a knock and not a serious muscle injury. He looked so gutted when he went off I fear it might be the latter. 

Tonali looked the part too. Really encouraging after 10 months out. Hopefully the sign of things to come. And I loved his moment with the fans at the end.

I don’t know what’s up with Isak. He was miles off the pace. 

None of this matters too much. We’ve unbeaten in three games and into the next round of the league cup. Playing poorly and getting results is the sign of a good team, they say. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

So we had a 6 all along?

@Dr Gloom last season you were surprised how slow barnes was - looks a lot quicker now, doesn't he?

He looked good the past couple of games. Should start against spurs 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Angela Ripon on that ad there getting Toonpack and RobinRobin going. Giddup sausage! 

Oh, and ...

AP-FO1.gif.d56bf5513441656d257d459c41536fdd.gif

• Haha 1

Apparently Howe described Willock's injury as "a big blow" in the post match press conference. Whether that is in the context of the match or the season remains to be seen, but it's not just a knock by the sound of it. 

Re our control of games, I'm hoping it's just our stupid trip to Japan and key players returning late from the Euros that's disrupted the pre season preparations. We look either over or undercooked, and you'd assume it's under. 

I think/hope we'll build back up over the coming weeks as Howe gets more and more time with them, and without the disruption of midweek games all the tm. E. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'd have genuinely said to the the teams in affected it's Europe or the league cup OR it's your problem, you won't play another European club which is a benefit to you but your cup draw will be away. Your choice.

You were/are spot on. There isn't even any logic in it. What benefits, other than their ability to progress further in the cup, does it give them? If anything, it would make more sense to get them to play eachother if the concern is their commitment to both competitions.

• Like 2

The most mental bit was that it guaranteed them a home leg. It wasn't even just you can't play one another, it was you get to pick from a specific pool, AND we guarantee to pick you out first.

As HMHM says, the answer is to give them the option to withdraw from the competition, it's not to rig them a favourable draw to make their lives easier. 

It's fucking appalling. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 6

If they're going to get the not playing each other part in the next round they should be away as an absolute minimum. Thin end of the wedge, this.

• Like 1

To put it blunt.

We need to sack off Japan and other fucking farmers leagues.  That dog shit tour might have been good for some of the bairns to collect their Pokemon cards but its done fuck all for our match sharpness. 

Yes we have had the Euro's and it's only 3 games in but we look shite.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did notice it, when you raised it. Completely rigged, as you and Renton point out. If it’s a ‘success’ expect to see it ‘trialled’ in the FA Cup. It’s a fucking joke given they already play a round less (which I am fine with  - it makes sense). The absolute icing on the cake though is guaranteed home draw, as others have mentioned 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I did notice it, when you raised it. Completely rigged, as you and Renton point out. If it’s a ‘success’ expect to see it ‘trialled’ in the FA Cup. It’s a fucking joke given they already play a round less (which I am fine with  - it makes sense). The absolute icing on the cake though is guaranteed home draw, as others have mentioned 

It would be a non-starter in the FA cup because the games are more often than not played over weekends. They already did away with replays because the big boys didn't like playing an extra mid-game week.

Personally, if a club is in Europe they should just be removed from the league cup that season - if it's such a burden for them they'll be happy to do that. Have a qualifying round for the 6 or so spaces and allow national league teams to jump in from the back of that - the extra money for them would be huge.

• Like 7

Nah, if you remove the European clubs then it completely devalues the competition. For me it wouldn't be the same in winning it.

There was no guaranteed home draws. If you give clubs the choice of European competition or League cup then they're going for Europe every time and that's the end of the domestic tournament.