Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle United

Scraped by again. Embarrassment avoided, cracks papered over. But there’s no way this squad is going to accomplish Howe’s objectives this season. We’ve been poor in all three games so far with only a penalty lottery and VAR shenanigans keeping any gloss on the results.

Gordon didn’t look right again. There’s being knackered from Southgate’s training methods, and there’s whatever Gordon is experiencing now. His whole affect is wrong. 

Tonali was the silver lining tonight, he was class. Just as well because Willock may be crocked yet again.

• Like 2

To say that I was nervous to see Longstaff step up when I was expecting Barnes is the understatement of the century. Fair play to Longstaff though, it takes guts to put your name forward. Hopefully this result will give the team a bit of confidence going forward, and we can put together good performances for 90 minutes instead of 15 minutes here and there. It was a great bit of match fitness for Tonali, he looked a lot better than I thought he was going to after so long out.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

Scraped by again. Embarrassment avoided, cracks papered over. But there’s no way this squad is going to accomplish Howe’s objectives this season. We’ve been poor in all three games so far with only a penalty lottery and VAR shenanigans keeping any gloss on the results.

Gordon didn’t look right again. There’s being knackered from Southgate’s training methods, and there’s whatever Gordon is experiencing now. His whole affect is wrong. 

Tonali was the silver lining tonight, he was class. Just as well because Willock may be crocked yet again.

I thought Gordon was good when he came on. Much improved.

• Like 1

Just now, Toonpack said:

As the game went on we started to click a bit, we’re just warming up.

Fucking hope Willock is ok.

Willock in the midfield seems to be the thing that gets us playing. We were doing well until he went off and then improved immensely at the weekend when he came on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

As the game went on we started to click a bit, we’re just warming up.

Fucking hope Willock is ok.

It looked like a pull to me unfortunately. The Forest lad clattered into his other leg so I don't think it's an impact thing. 

He makes such a difference with his energy and running. I'll be fucking sick if he's goosed. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tdansmith said:

Vinnie Jones and Paul Gascoigne: The untold story behind ...

I mean if we have another fan in the stands keel over Vinnie will be on hand with his Walkman and a beegee tape.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I thought Gordon was good when he came on. Much improved.

His play was fine, I mean he doesn’t seem himself. Flat, expressionless, no emotion when he scored a critical penalty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Willock in the midfield seems to be the thing that gets us playing. We were doing well until he went off and then improved immensely at the weekend when he came on.

We were ok last 20 mins IMO

• Like 1

Bloody Germans aren’t showing cup games anymore and I couldn’t be arsed to listen to it after they scored.

Nice one although I think the poor performances are just LTA’s fault.

• Haha 2

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Mind, at no point in that game, did they play like we did in the last 20 minutes. When we can get a grip of it, we’re still a good attacking outfit

Aye, on balance I thought we deserved to win. There were long periods where we looked clueless, but we totally took control in that last 20.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Mind, at no point in that game, did they play like we did in the last 20 minutes. When we can get a grip of it, we’re still a good attacking outfit

Alan Smith made out that we were second best all match. Other than their goal they barely troubled pope, we weren’t great but we were in control even when we didn’t really do much with it.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Alan Smith made out that we were second best all match. Other than their goal they barely troubled pope, we weren’t great but we were in control even when we didn’t really do much with it.

Wouldn't shut up about Forest's "pwesha", the twat. 

• Like 1