Other Games 2024-25

I was listening to This is football podcast this morning.  Micha Richards said something along the lines of 'He's not the greatest defender' for TAA.

But Big Meeks old lad.  Isn't that his position and role?

30 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Reading everywhere that Foden (yet again) and chookie dropped absolute stinkers. This true? 

Zip It Austin Powers GIF

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think fair to Carsley for trying something different.  Southgate wouldn't do it.  But I would have had Watkins start for sure.

just because everyone has been calling out for fewer defensive midfielders doesn't mean you play cole palmer in there. i didn't watch the match but it sounded brave and brainless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

just because everyone has been calling out for fewer defensive midfielders doesn't mean you play cole palmer in there. i didn't watch the match but it sounded brave and brainless

I saw about 15 minutes of it and aye brave and brainless is probably correct.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It was pure Angeball on paper, but one of those games where we scuttle Spurs at home rather than the good bits of Angeball

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Reading everywhere that Foden (yet again) and chookie dropped absolute stinkers. This true? 

You’ll have to ask Gillian McKeith 

• Haha 3

I forgot it was on. Flicked through and saw it was 0-1. I watched about 2 minutes after that. Completely uninterested tbh. In fact, I’d forgotten about it again until I came on here this morning :lol: However, I would say that if you’re going to experiment a bit then a Nations League game v Greece is probably the place to do it. 
Re: Carsley. I wonder if he’ll see the reaction and think to himself ‘Can I really be arsed with this? If this is the reaction to a fairly meaningless result’ 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

The FA won't give a shit - Southgate went the entire thing without a win in the last round and they couldn't have cared less. I still think Carsley gets the nod.

• Like 1

I only knew there was a game when I came across a NUFC tweet saying 'Gordon starts!' I thought to myself, either he's going on at their lass for leaving dishes by the sink or he must've been picked for an England game?

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I only knew there was a game when I came across a NUFC tweet saying 'Gordon starts!' I thought to myself, either he's going on at their lass for leaving dishes by the sink or he must've been picked for an England game?

Tbf to his lass, she probably couldn’t see them. :lol:

• Haha 4

“Trent” is a proper liability at international level, like. Even if you put him at right back, he’ll just decide to put himself into midfield anyway. Hopefully the Tuchel rumours are true as he might actually have the clout to make players play where they need to be, not where they want 

• Like 2

Just seen Germany’s right sided attacking player nearly break the fuckin net with a brilliant goal on his debut v the Netherlands. Jamie Leweling. Plays for Stuggart. Had one well chalked off for offside in the first half too. I will  now hand over to unser bruder @Isegrim for the lowdown on the cunt :cuppa:

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just seen Germany’s right sided attacking player nearly break the fuckin net with a brilliant goal on his debut v the Netherlands. Jamie Leweling. Plays for Stuggart. Had one well chalked off for offside in the first half too. I will  now hand over to unser bruder @Isegrim for the lowdown on the cunt :cuppa:

Has improved a lot over the last 12 months. Will need to show it for a longer period though to prove it isn’t just temporary brilliance.