Other Games 2024-25

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nobody gives a fuck that West Ham won the conference league btw. Not even their fans. 

my West Ham mate reckons they’ll be dining out on it for the next few decades given it’s the only thing he’s ever seen them win. I imagine we’d be the same if we ever win something 

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Sounds like something from the days when Austin used to make cars.

My old man had a mixed history when it came to cars- he owned, at various times, a Triumph TR6, several Minis, a Saab 69, Ford Anglia, Lancia Beta, but he fucked it big time by buying not one, but two Austin Allegros. :lol:

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Renton said:

Always jam tomorrow though. Say we get in the CL next year, same problem. We can't win it and it will impact on our league form. Plus now there is no option to use it to drop to the EL. Are people really happy with us never winning a trophy? 

Remember Gemmils patter from last year wanting us to get knocked out in the group stages?

Channel 9 No GIF by Married At First Sight

Fella has milk for blood 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Allegri is Ferguson's recommendation apparently. Hopefully he's as big a success as his last one, Davey Moyes. 

Why is an 82 year old man, who has been out of the game for 12 years or so, and, as far as I’m aware, not employed in an official capacity, advising Man Utd on what to do? No wonder they don’t challenge anymore 

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Why is an 82 year old man, who has been out of the game for 12 years or so, and, as far as I’m aware, not employed in an official capacity, advising Man Utd on what to do? No wonder they don’t challenge anymore 

tbf if Sir Bobby was still kicking around I'd take his input on a new toon manager over someone like Dan Ashworth.

• Like 1

Also, we all know Ashworth's pick is Southgate so I imagine they put the topic up for discussion during a board meeting after they stopped pissing themselves laughing.

Ratiffe said it's not his call about Ten Nonce. I sort of understand that. It's why he has cunts like Brailsfraud in place they do that for him. But ultimately he's the one that oks pulling the trigger. 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2024 at 22:30, Renton said:

Always jam tomorrow though. Say we get in the CL next year, same problem. We can't win it and it will impact on our league form. Plus now there is no option to use it to drop to the EL. Are people really happy with us never winning a trophy? 

It's not exactly the same problem. The overall/average quality of our squad has improved (less deadwood), we've also improved our european coefficient which means that our share of the champion's league prize money will be greater. In the meantime we've also greatly increased our sponsorship and corporate revenue so with the guarantee of champion's league income we could bring in more players (and are more attractive to prospective players).

Nothing that comes easy is worth anything. Winning a trophy will be a fantastic acheivement whatever trophy it is, but that's not the end of the challenge. We need to become one of the most desirable and prestigious clubs in the world to play for, manage etc. I'd say we're already in the top 30.

• Like 5

Taylor and Besty have apparently been hired by talksport to do a special film called 'looking for Steve Parish' as he's now become a bit camera shy and talksport are wondering if it was something they said? :good:

• Haha 6