Other Games 2024-25

Just boarded the Harwich-Hoek van Holland ferry. I was going to read my book and sip mocktails in the deck lounge like the classy motherfucker I am, but I might have to retire to my windowless cabin (don't get too excited, MF) and watch MOTD2 instead :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

It's a nice ferry that one. Bonne voyage 

It really is. Lovely way to travel. I've got a Rail & Sail ticket so I've had a nice afternoon slowly making my way here via Ely, Ipswich, the quaint station platform pub at Manningtree (don't tell them, Pike!) and then a decent Turkish meal in a godforsaken suburb of Harwich after getting thoroughly sandblasted during the briefest of walks on the seafront. And now Fernandes just got sent off. Happy days :boogie:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

has he made any good signings? £80 on Anthony, an absolute wedge on an over-the-hill Casimero. £70m Hojilund etc etc

No sign of him improving any of their players either 

Noice Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Onana another one. Got to be one of the worst keepers this league has ever seen. He doesn't even know where to stand in the goal. But because he can do a couple of fancy passes let's pay 60M and hype him up. 

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

has he made any good signings? £80 on Anthony, an absolute wedge on an over-the-hill Casimero. £70m Hojilund etc etc

No sign of him improving any of their players either 

Noice Ok GIF by MOODMAN

TBF that's not a bad deal.

• Confused 1

Spending £80m on Antony while fucking it all up with a talent like Sancho is sackable in itself. FA Cup papered over a huge crack for them last season and short/medium term was probably more damaging to them than if they'd sacked him and brought someone like Tuchel in. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut
  • Like 2

Palace in the relegation zone BTW. :lol:

Guehi's price is taking a fucking hammering. He might not end up here now, but I suspect this all ends with Parrish sitting down to a massive slice of humble pie. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Guehi's price is taking a fucking hammering. He might not end up here now, but I suspect this all ends with Parrish sitting down to a massive slice of humble pie. 

Talksport and Sky sports trying to get through to Parrish's this last couple of weeks. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd try them again for £40m in January and walk away if they say no. Can see him going to Liverpool for that sort of fee next summer. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd try them again for £40m in January and walk away if they say no. Can see him going to Liverpool for that sort of fee next summer. 

Fuck that. I'd go in at £30m and say he'll be a free in 18 months. They've missed the boat on a big transfer fee.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Fuck that. I'd go in at £30m and say he'll be a free in 18 months. They've missed the boat on a big transfer fee.

he’ll never be worth as much as Palace were demanding. 40m is about right and I wouldn’t be against spending that on him in January or summer if he remains our top CD target 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Spending £80m on Antony while fucking it all up with a talent like Sancho is sackable in itself. FA Cup papered over a huge crack for them last season and short/medium term was probably more damaging to them than if they'd sacked him and brought someone like Tuchel in. 

Southgate would be the dream. Tuchel is another charlatan like Ten Hag so would be funny.

Howe is the sleep paralysis demon scenario. Especially if he’s replaced by anyone mentioned above.

5 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

For those confused, I was referring to the posted 80 not 80m

Aye, and you're still wrong. I wouldn't have him if they paid us.

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Southgate would be the dream. Tuchel is another charlatan like Ten Hag so would be funny.

Howe is the sleep paralysis demon scenario. Especially if he’s replaced by anyone mentioned above.

Wonder if Ashworth would dare try for Howe..

46 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Seems unlikely given the history 

That history is all assumed tbf. There is absolutely nothing concrete to suggest they didn't get on / work well together etc. Anything that did hint at it solely came from Ashworth leaving to go to Man Utd - which could have easily been purely down to a massive pay rise at a much bigger club on the global stage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

That history is all assumed tbf. There is absolutely nothing concrete to suggest they didn't get on / work well together etc. Anything that did hint at it solely came from Ashworth leaving to go to Man Utd - which could have easily been purely down to a massive pay rise at a much bigger club on the global stage.

Aye, Ashcroft and NUFC was the main issue for obvious reasons, I take anything about "behind the scenes" problems with a pinch of salt. They had a 12-18 month spell where they pretty much hit the money on every deal together. Less PSR restrictions down there, worth a quid at 50/1 anyway. :lol:

• Haha 1