Other Games 2024-25

14 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How many of “Trent’s” passes even come off? He’s batting at a far worse average than Schar 

He made a couple of good passes that led to both goals but other than that his distribution was terrible IMO - He was the same against Ireland. Add that to the fact he's not fast, not strong, can't defend and has atrocious positional sense then I don't understand why anyone would think he's a great RB - other than he plays for Liverpool.

You'd think he was up there with KDB if you listened to the commentary last night.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It'll be interesting to see the key passes attempted vs the 5 that came off as a metric. Also, to see the same metric for his team mates. 

Were the chances created in the box or shots from 25+ yards that went nowhere? Just because he created chances doesn't automatically make them good chances.

Also, who were the other two opponents? If it was against Macedonia and San Marino then OptaJoe can get in the bin.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Coming off contract this year, Eddie loves a freebie doesnt he :cool: Play him as a 6:cool: He'll have proper runners to ping those balls to in Isak, Barnes, Chook and Bakayoko :cool:

8 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

@sammynb Good to see Arnie chucking his players under a bus. 🙂

Arnie is just Bruce lite, without the history of playing for a shitty red top club but as big a cunt.

It's been obvious for years they cannot finish their dinner and Arnie likes huff and puff football.

He'll take them on the longest route to the US, via the 50 million loser playoffs and then they will turn up as the whipping boys once more.

This country and football - ffs.

• Like 1

btw @RobinRobin did you ever see him play? I saw him both when he was young and then those last years for Northern Spirit. He was an average player at best. Saying he cannot do it for them, well he couldn't in his prime either.

5 hours ago, sammynb said:

btw @RobinRobin did you ever see him play? I saw him both when he was young and then those last years for Northern Spirit. He was an average player at best. Saying he cannot do it for them, well he couldn't in his prime either.

No.  Only seen him as a coach and he is the most obnoxious coach I have ever seen (and I've seen a few over the years).  Not surprising that it is all the players' fault now.  His football is neanderthal at best.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

Don't ever try to call me old again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Northern Spirit is what Dances with Wolves would call his horse btw. It's not the name of a sports team. 

You Scotty, for once, are 100% correct. It was an era in football when the English expat teams wanted to make sure they weren't mistaken as one of the wog (their words not mine) teams, like Sydney Croatia or Sydney Olympic or Wollongong Macedonia - see the pattern here?

Northern Spirit and Perth Glory were all about how fucking Anglo expat they could be.

2 hours ago, OTF said:

Don't ever try to call me old again.

You are and you know it! Just not as old as I am, regardless, I remember when you use to go watch games there - with your grand dad and how he let you have a sip of his schooner of KB, fuck that shit was vile.

Beer Bubbling GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Northern Spirit is what Dances with Wolves would call his horse btw. It's not the name of a sports team. 

Either that, or CT's latest hobby, a bathtub gin distillery.

21 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Auld Les was about one of the footys (yes I know) Rob, he no likey the world game.

Well he was old skool pre “ten pound poms” breed, as far as I can make out SOCCER is followed mostly by those from more recent waves of European immigration? …