Other Games 2024-25

The mackems are three up already away at Portsmouth. I sincerely hope we don't fuck things up next year if they were to get promoted as they've always had an uncanny knack of hiding away in the lower leagues when we've had a good side.

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The mackems are three up already away at Portsmouth. I sincerely hope we don't fuck things up next year if they were to get promoted as they've always had an uncanny knack of hiding away in the lower leagues when we've had a good side.

Not sure that's true. They're traditionally a yo yo club until recently , but we played them near our peak just post Keegan I think and under Robson. But we just never really put them to the sword and were unaware 5 in a row was a thing.

Anyway, Portsmouth are shit. They're not getting promoted and regression to mean will put them back in their place midtable second tier. I'm fairly sure of this. I'm a lot less certain about our own fate now admittedly. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not sure that's true. They're traditionally a yo yo club until recently , but we played them near our peak just post Keegan I think and under Robson. But we just never really put them to the sword and were unaware 5 in a row was a thing.

Anyway, Portsmouth are shit. They're not getting promoted and regression to mean will put them back in their place midtable second tier. I'm fairly sure of this. I'm a lot less certain about our own fate now admittedly. 

That cole and Beardsley side playing them would've been delicious. The team who finished fourth would've crucified them. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't fancy being an Everton player trying to get home tonight. 

warriors-come-out-to-play-the-warriors.g

:lol:

There'll be rat catching going on tonight.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

What could possibly account for this Everton surge in form I wonder??

Wise man once said. 

'one does not judge the window, until the window is shut' 

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wise man once said. 

'one does not judge the window, until the window is shut' 

A Yorkshireman once said.

Ow much, 20p, fuck off.

• Haha 4