Bournemouth vs Newcastle United

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

After taking up football for a few weeks a few years ago after a thirty year break I can agree. My football brain was definitely not in synch with my body. :lol:

I’ve spent the week sanding and re-staining my sleepers and deck in the garden, my brain wants to divorce my body.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I’ve spent the week sanding and re-staining my sleepers and deck in the garden, my brain wants to divorce my body.

Just doing some painting last week fucked me. :lol:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

After taking up football for a few weeks a few years ago after a thirty year break I can agree. My football brain was definitely not in synch with my body. :lol:

I played a lads v dads game in May. I was helped by it being about 7v7 on a 5 a side pitch. I was rusty to say the least, but the lack of time and space meant I basically did everything playing the way I faced and with one or two touch which helped in terms of getting away with. However when I checked after the game I discovered I’d have covered a greater distance if I’d just gone for a walk for the same amount of time. 

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just doing some painting last week fucked me. :lol:

Try being an old cunt and doing it !!!

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I think the fact that it's only Kelly who was 'new' that makes you think, two games in, everyone should know what they've doing, big Joe, Bruno and longstaff should be dominating that midfield but we seem to get unstuck pretty quickly after about ten minutes in both games. Not panicking but it's been a bit underwhelming so far.

I hope Tonali really is like a new signing and shows us exactly what we have missed since his suspension. He must be a better option than longstaff in that position. We saw glimpses of it before his ban but you don’t play for Milan if you don’t have technical ability. Longstaff is a willing runner but too often he can’t see the forward pass and just plays it sideways to Bruno. Bruno is a magician but can’t do it on his own.

Willock’s return is a massive bonus too. He still doesn’t look “match fit” but there were flashes of what he can do on Sunday. That ball- carrying ability to get us 20 yards up the pitch is huge - we don’t have another CM like that and he should be challenging for a start once he’s fit enough. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

I played a lads v dads game in May. I was helped by it being about 7v7 on a 5 a side pitch. I was rusty to say the least, but the lack of time and space meant I basically did everything playing the way I faced and with one or two touch which helped in terms of getting away with. However when I checked after the game I discovered I’d have covered a greater distance if I’d just gone for a walk for the same amount of time. 

My dad plays a regular game of waking football. I’ll ask if there’s space in his game for you 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I hope Tonali really is like a new signing and shows us exactly what we have missed since his suspension. He must be a better option than longstaff in that position. We saw glimpses of it before his ban but you don’t play for Milan if you don’t have technical ability. Longstaff is a willing runner but too often he can’t see the forward pass and just plays it sideways to Bruno. Bruno is a magician but can’t do it on his own.

Willock’s return is a massive bonus too. He still doesn’t look “match fit” but there were flashes of what he can do on Sunday. That ball- carrying ability to get us 20 yards up the pitch is huge - we don’t have another CM like that and he should be challenging for a start once he’s fit enough. 

If Tonali and Willock are fully fit and available, I wonder if Howe might view Joelinton as an option on the wing. Assuming we don’t sign a RW to come into the starting XI. I know he’s done his best work in a front 3 interchanging with Willock on the left hand side. But he’d probably be an upgrade on Almiron and/or Murphy on the right 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

If Tonali and Willock are fully fit and available, I wonder if Howe might view Joelinton as an option on the wing. Assuming we don’t sign a RW to come into the starting XI. I know he’s done his best work in a front 3 interchanging with Willock on the left hand side. But he’d probably be an upgrade on Almiron and/or Murphy on the right 

yeah - we played some of our best football of the Howe era with Willock and Joelinton interchanging down our left. It’s definitely an option - particularly away from home where it gives us a solid defensive structure as well as an attacking threat. I would still like to see a quality RW come in though. I think that’s the weakest area of the squad and it remains the single area of the squad which hasn’t been upgraded since the takeover, which it really ought to have three years in. Miggy and Murphy are good rotation options but I wouldn’t be against a Miggy being sold to make way for more quality. Whether we can shift him is another matter.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...