Bournemouth vs Newcastle United

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Top Tip: On those occasions when Gemmill is wrong, avoid the risk of RSI from the typing of “Gemmill is wrong” by adopting “Gemmill is wrong” as a default position, only type “Gemmill is correct” on the rare (mythical even) occasion he is indeed correct.

Or we can just acronymise it. GIWA. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Good game yesterday….. if you were a neutral….Our improvement in the second half obviously hinged on our substitutions. Which were good and positive. They also coincided with Bruno getting more space and time on the ball. Cook and Christie hadn’t given him any room whatsoever for an hour but they seemed to run out of steam and when Christie was subbed off that really helped open things up. I think teams now know if you put Bruno under a bit of pressure you can pretty much eliminate him from influencing the game to any great extent.

Pleased with the point in the end after the abject first half. The VAR thing at the end is weird. It’s more an arm round Burns shoulders that appears to be the offence to me, if there is one at all. They seemed a lot fitter all round, which doesn’t reflect particularly well on our new “performance director” .  Lots of reactive chat about team selection; someone reckoned Barnes starts in our first choice XI, this after lots of questions asking if he’s not scoring what does he contribute last season… fuck knows tbh. Still lots of players from the Bruce era who might have one decent game in three or four starts. The financial situation we’re in makes wholesale changes difficult though. We could be in for another season of huffing and puffing away from home. SJP is where we’ll be mounting any challenge for honours from iyam. 

how was the terrace talk in regard to your mate paul mitchell's transfer window achievements  yesterday?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We could be in for another season of huffing and puffing away from home. SJP is where we’ll be mounting any challenge for honours from iyam.

The problem with this cunning plan is we seem to get away draws every single fucking round in the cups. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

The problem with this cunning plan is we seem to get away draws every single fucking round in the cups. 

Yes. Am off to Nottingham on Wednesday 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Yes. Am off to Nottingham on Wednesday 😆

"Rob. ROBBBB!!! Have you forgotten I've booked a special anniversary meal for us on Wednesday night?" 

"Erm, sorry love, I had this 'The real Robin Hood' convention and lectures booked in months ago. See ya". 

Thursday evening. 

im-sorry-can-i-come-out-now-in-the-dog-house.gif.8eca5cae3f205890e8e5b4a16aa19f46.gif

Fuck, I miss away days. 

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

how was the terrace talk in regard to your mate paul mitchell's transfer window achievements  yesterday?

Some wag uttered that it was as if the ghost of Joe Kinnear had been reappointed to some executive position, aided and abetted by Mr Baxter from Grange Hill :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

"Rob. ROBBBB!!! Have you forgotten I've booked a special anniversary meal for us on Wednesday night?" 

"Erm, sorry love, I had this 'The real Robin Hood' convention and lectures booked in months ago. See ya". 

Thursday evening. 

im-sorry-can-i-come-out-now-in-the-dog-house.gif.8eca5cae3f205890e8e5b4a16aa19f46.gif

Fuck, I miss away days. 

:lol: we’ve had folk round last night and the night before, basically all TNSPMPL’s mates. That was the forfeit. So am now even more of an expert on HRT and “main character” effect on scripted reality tv shows featuring women with a cash register  where their soul should be :) 

• Haha 4

Something big needs to happen this week on the transfer front. A big in (I don't really give a fuck what position), and a less big in, and probably a couple of outs to help offset PSR impact - we'll never shift anyone in Jan. 

I think if we aren't making some positive first team changes between now and next summer, we're gonna start seeing the big lads wanting moves away.

They were sold "winning the PL within 5 years", not this easy does it approach. That's driven by the PL fucking us over with associated party transactions, and the PSR crackdown, but that's not Bruno and Isak's problem. We are easily the best years of their career and more away from even a runners up spot.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Or we can just acronymise it. GIWA. 

This could really work. It sounds a lot like giveawa which is the sound that voice in your head makes when you read his posts.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the more I watch the joelinton incident in injury time the more I'm convinced the goalkeeper should've been booked.

He’d have been sent off if he’d done it on a rugby pitch ffs :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It is currently 4:44pm AEST, and you sir, are HUMILIATED. 

troll GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

He’d have been sent off if he’d done it on a rugby pitch ffs :lol: 

looked accidental to me, and clearly simulation by the keeper.

worse than the diaz/schar incident.

• Haha 4

Thinking back to the game yesterday.  Trying to be positive, we could have won that game if not for Neto pulling off three decent saves. 

As soon as Trippier came on we calmed down and looked more balanced.  I think this is because Tino and Murphy just don't link well.  When it was Tino and Miggy whilst the latter would be frustrating in the final third, he grafts like a dog and get's back.  He also links up very well with Tino offensively.   Whilst I like Murphy, he's usually head down and doesn't see the full picture.

A draw is probably the fair result, albeit would I see it that way as a Bournemouth fan?  Hmm probably not, but they didn't really take their chances fully despite being the more threatening side.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports 
It was wrong to deny the Bournemouth Second.
Joe's yellow was a yellow and nothing more.

Dermot Gallagher has no association with the FA and like many referees (and ex referees) absolutely loves being the centre of attention. How can below the armpit apply when someone's arm is away from their body? Nevermind the fact that the ball very clearly touched what would be below the armpit line on his arm if it was down by his side. I'm not sure how it's possible for mid-bicep to be above the armpit line but then Dermot's a washed up ex-referee and not a qualified year 5 student.

DERMOT SAYS: "If it is touching any part of the body beneath the armpit line, then it is handball. It's touching part of the body he can't score with."

Nice of him to point out how wrong he is :lol:

Screenshot_20240826_203401_Chrome.jpg.e257a4679e481f058c1e950b00f1b5fd.jpg

Check out where the ball is in relation to both his elbow and his shoulder. Much closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

Screenshot_20240826_203432_Chrome.jpg.b1aca9f7507c3e0b00ca51d18120a802.jpg

This is the exact same frame from a different angle. Most in the media decide their position before they closely review the relevant footage. Noone can look at the above and suggest none of the ball contacted anything below the armpit line. That's the rules, it's a handball. The VAR was correct.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OTF said:

troll GIF

This reminds me of that strangely arousing gif of an oddly man and lady bears where the man bear is rubbing the lady bears behind much to her annoyance. 

Does anyone still have this? Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OTF said:

Dermot Gallagher has no association with the FA and like many referees (and ex referees) absolutely loves being the centre of attention. How can below the armpit apply when someone's arm is away from their body? Nevermind the fact that the ball very clearly touched what would be below the armpit line on his arm if it was down by his side. I'm not sure how it's possible for mid-bicep to be above the armpit line but then Dermot's a washed up ex-referee and not a qualified year 5 student.

DERMOT SAYS: "If it is touching any part of the body beneath the armpit line, then it is handball. It's touching part of the body he can't score with."

Nice of him to point out how wrong he is :lol:

Screenshot_20240826_203401_Chrome.jpg.e257a4679e481f058c1e950b00f1b5fd.jpg

Check out where the ball is in relation to both his elbow and his shoulder. Much closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

Screenshot_20240826_203432_Chrome.jpg.b1aca9f7507c3e0b00ca51d18120a802.jpg

This is the exact same frame from a different angle. Most in the media decide their position before they closely review the relevant footage. Noone can look at the above and suggest none of the ball contacted anything below the armpit line. That's the rules, it's a handball. The VAR was correct.

Leave Gemmill alone. He's had enough.

The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

This reminds me of that strangely arousing gif of an oddly man and lady bears where the man bear is rubbing the lady bears behind much to her annoyance. 

Does anyone still have this? Asking for a friend

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Something big needs to happen this week on the transfer front. A big in (I don't really give a fuck what position), and a less big in, and probably a couple of outs to help offset PSR impact - we'll never shift anyone in Jan. 

I think if we aren't making some positive first team changes between now and next summer, we're gonna start seeing the big lads wanting moves away.

They were sold "winning the PL within 5 years", not this easy does it approach. That's driven by the PL fucking us over with associated party transactions, and the PSR crackdown, but that's not Bruno and Isak's problem. We are easily the best years of their career and more away from even a runners up spot.

This was the absolute overriding feeling watching the game yesterday. We could blame fatigue and luck last season, but it's also very clear we have some bang average players that Eddie managed to get the best out of for nearly 3 years that just cant move up another level now.

I don't think we have until next summer tbh, we need to get at least the CB/RW required in this week or this project takes a big step backwards considering we'll have failed to address obvious weaknesses whilst selling two of our best young players. PSR or not, that's not a team looking to go places. 

Harsh thought but I think Gordon has looked miserable and uninterested in both games - maybe he does fancy a move to the scouse cunts after all - that would certainly free some money. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Harsh thought but I think Gordon has looked miserable and uninterested in both games - maybe he does fancy a move to the scouse cunts after all - that would certainly free some money. 

My brother said it was interesting how little people celebrated his goal with him.but personally I just think they wanted to press on and get the winner